Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver

AMD now offers a new beta release candidate version 14.7 driver for AMD/ATI graphics cards running under Windows (thanks DSOGaming). Though a release candidate, these are still in beta, so all warnings about protective clothing and avoiding open flames should still apply. Here's word on what's new:

• Includes all improvements found in the AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 RC driver
  • AMD ​CrossFire™ and AMD Radeon™ Dual Graphics profile update for Plants vs. Zombies​​​
  • Assassin's Creed IV - improved CrossFire scaling (3840x2160 High Settings) up to 93%
  • Collaboration with AOC has identified non-standard display timings as the root cause of 60Hz SST flickering exhibited by the AOC U2868PQU panel on certain AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. A software workaround has been implemented in AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC driver to resolve the display timing issues with this display.
    • Users are further encouraged to obtain newer display firmware from AOC that will resolve flickering at its origin.
    • Users are additionally advised to utilize DisplayPort-certified cables to ensure the integrity of the DisplayPort data connection.​​​

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 14, 2014, 11:25 Despoiler

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 12:23:
Ever since I installed the driver set which gave performance boost to Wildstar, my monitor has been a real pain in the ass where I would turn on my PC and anywhere from five to 30 minutes would go by before it realized it wasn't in some kind of sleep mode. It's getting feed because it's not showing the no input bubble. Powercycle and keymashing gave no results and it usually boiled down to waiting, rebooting, and more waiting and it's really aggravating. It'll trick me sometimes too where the monitor will come on but in an unsupported resolution so I hit detect and it fucks off for another few minutes.

I went in to the power settings and turned off PCI-E Link or whatever but I don't know if it was off or on prior to this shitstorm to see if it works and I'm not exactly inclined to play Russian roulette by rebooting my system.

You are probably using a DP cable? If so is it a certified cable? This is a common issue with cheap, non certified cables.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 17:10 Mashiki Amiketo

Slick wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 16:59:
ever since the last RC which I did for watch_dogs, my 280x has been scrypt mining at 100-200Kh lower than normal, wonder if this will fix it.
Depends, did you file a bug report on that?

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

5. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 16:59 Slick

ever since the last RC which I did for watch_dogs, my 280x has been scrypt mining at 100-200Kh lower than normal, wonder if this will fix it.  

4. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 14:47 Marvin T. Martian

Hope It works for ya.  

3. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 12:35 Wallshadows

I've been meaning to clean out the inside as of late too so I'll pick up a can of compressed air and see what results that nets me. Thanks!  

2. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 12:31 Marvin T. Martian

Just a suggestion. Check all your fans and blow them out.
I keep all my fans clean but I missed cleaning out my water coolers rad. That was the culprit in my case.
I was experiencing similar problems(looks like sleep mode but it's not--keyboard does nothing/ forced reboots etc). All gone now. I can't believe I missed cleaning the rad.

1. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 12:23 Wallshadows

Ever since I installed the driver set which gave performance boost to Wildstar, my monitor has been a real pain in the ass where I would turn on my PC and anywhere from five to 30 minutes would go by before it realized it wasn't in some kind of sleep mode. It's getting feed because it's not showing the no input bubble. Powercycle and keymashing gave no results and it usually boiled down to waiting, rebooting, and more waiting and it's really aggravating. It'll trick me sometimes too where the monitor will come on but in an unsupported resolution so I hit detect and it fucks off for another few minutes.

I went in to the power settings and turned off PCI-E Link or whatever but I don't know if it was off or on prior to this shitstorm to see if it works and I'm not exactly inclined to play Russian roulette by rebooting my system.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo