Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month

A Kickstarter update for Project Eternity has details on some of the creatures who will populate Obsidian Entertainment's upcoming RPG (thanks nin). This also includes an update schedule with word on the push to complete the game that will include a beta for backers on August 18th. Here's the deal:

Update Schedule

Hey, everyone. Brandon here. With production moving into the finalization phase for Eternity, the team and I are hunkering down to finish up the game over the next few months. Going forward, we will be spacing out our backer updates a bit more from now until the project ships. They’ll come a bit less predictably, but you can still expect updates as we have big announcements or special news for you. This will really help us focus as much of our efforts into putting out the best game we possibly can for everyone.

In our next big update, we will discuss the upcoming Backer Beta in more detail as well as what it will entail and how to redeem your copy.

Speaking of the Backer Beta...

Backer Beta

We will be releasing our Backer Beta on August 18th. As we mentioned above, we will get into all of the specifics about the Backer Beta in our next update. Be on the lookout for it over the next month.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 10, 2014, 18:04 dj LiTh

Ya, so glad i didnt listen to some people here and try it before hand. Going through D:OS has been nothing but a pleasure for me.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 10, 2014, 15:46 saluk

Quinn wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 08:59:
This is the new name of Pillars of Eternity, yeah? I'm confused.

No the old name. The kickstarter page has always been Project Eternity.

10. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 10, 2014, 08:59 Quinn

This is the new name of Pillars of Eternity, yeah? I'm confused.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 10, 2014, 08:35 Verno

I'll probably still be playing D:OS anyway at the rate my backlog is going  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

8. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 22:42 jomisab

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 20:35:
Avoiding this beta entirely. I expect the rest of you to fully test this game to the point of exhaustion/coma, however.

My thoughts exactly. Hell, I might even wait for a first patch. Splurged on the $250 backer level, and I want to maximize the experience.

7. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 21:48 eRe4s3r

Cutter wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 21:26:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 19:05:
I just want.. you know.. an unspoiled RPG experience for once. D:OS was fine but it robs you of a lot of the first "wow" effects. I had to FORCE myself through Cyseal...

I was going to say the exact same thing. It was such a grind getting to Silverglen. No way I want to spoil PE like that at all. Even with W2 I cut myself off after getting a basic feel for it so far. I'd still like to take a peek at it and see how it looks firsthand howevs.

When I do that I fear I can't stop myself I am so starved for good RPGs

6. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 21:26 Cutter

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 19:05:
I just want.. you know.. an unspoiled RPG experience for once. D:OS was fine but it robs you of a lot of the first "wow" effects. I had to FORCE myself through Cyseal...

I was going to say the exact same thing. It was such a grind getting to Silverglen. No way I want to spoil PE like that at all. Even with W2 I cut myself off after getting a basic feel for it so far. I'd still like to take a peek at it and see how it looks firsthand howevs.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 20:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Avoiding this beta entirely. I expect the rest of you to fully test this game to the point of exhaustion/coma, however.

4. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 19:05 eRe4s3r

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 19:00:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 18:47:
D:OS taught me one thing... never again a beta for an RPG It spoils so much...

While your point is valid, you can beta the UI and other elements in non story-line areas such as the lobby, during character creation, inventory management and NPC management in the initial areas.

Also, since this is using the Unity engine..certain technical aspects need to be checked for basic compatibility and performance such as audio and micro-stuttering and hitching.

I'll be happy to test Pillars of Eternity for you eRe4s3r.

Please do, I hold you accountable for any ease of use features missing

3. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 19:03 nin

Optional Nickname! wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 19:00:

While your point is valid, you can beta the UI and other elements in non story-line areas such as the lobby, during character creation, inventory management and NPC management in the initial areas.

Also, since this is using the Unity engine..certain technical aspects need to be checked for basic compatibility and performance such as audio and micro-stuttering and hitching.

Yeah, if nothing else, I want to go through the character creation process and examine classes/skills/stats.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 19:00 Optional Nickname!

1. Re: Project Eternity Backer Beta Next Month Jul 9, 2014, 18:47 eRe4s3r

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo