Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It was a double-red meat weekend here in the BlueTower, as we imported some lamb chops last night from the sovereign state of Manstovia. We also got a demonstration from the Gunnar-man of his improving psychic powers, as he managed to get a huge pile of oven-fried potatoes to fall off the table through telekinesis. Well, there may have been some human error involved, but I'm pretty sure that was psychic powers too. Anyway, that was one happy doggie.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Can you pass a U.S. citizenship test? 48/50.
Science: Can you supercharge your brain?
Magic mushrooms "amplify brain's dreaming areas".
Images: Proof of Shocking Similarities In Human Templates Between Complete Strangers.
Media: The Walking Dead Season 5 - New Teaser Footage. Thanks The Escapist.
KIDS REACT TO GAME BOY. Bonus footage.
F-16 Lands Uncomfortably Low, Close To Air Show Spectators.
Follow-up: Why 10% of the Population Hates Cilantro and the Rest Doesn't Know Any Better.
The World's Tallest Water Slide Tests Its First Human Passengers.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 15:16 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 00:21:
uh... what? where did i say anything about storms or storm surges? if you're going fast enough and you catch enough air, you'll be lifted off that slide, i guarantee it.

Yeah, especially on an air cushion like that, with it's greater surface area. That just looks unsafe.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 00:21 1badmf

uh... what? where did i say anything about storms or storm surges? if you're going fast enough and you catch enough air, you'll be lifted off that slide, i guarantee it.  

34. Re: F-16 Lands Uncomfortably Low.... Jul 8, 2014, 00:18 Scottish Martial Arts

Atomic wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:04:
Yea, kind of crazy. I don't think it an accident.

And, I'm fairly certain that is an F-18, but still a cool video.

Single-engine, definitely an F-16.

edit: looks like others beat me to it.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 18:44 eRe4s3r

1badmf wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 11:03:
i wouldn't trust that thing for a million bucks. hit a thick patch of water, or bounce down the slide the wrong way, catch a little air under you, and you're flying off into space. yes i could see they put fencing around it. have fun being extruded through wiring at terminal velocity.

edit: i believe there's a video out there of this exact thing happening. dunno if it's on the same slide though.

That could only ever happen if a SEVERE storm surge would catch that thing at exactly the right moment... and you can assume the operators would have closed down LONG before such stormy conditions arrived. That construction probably wouldn't survive a hurricane in the first place.

But dangerous? Please... the thing is clearly designed so you have about 5% velocity left at the top, and without additional air pressure pushing you, you would probably not even get over the bump into the 2nd slide...

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:51 harlock

fnord  

31. yeh they do Jul 7, 2014, 17:51 harlock

Psilocybin was seen to increase activity in regions of the brain activated during dream sleep and which form "part of the brainís ancient emotion system," writes Robin Carhart-Harris, one of the study's co-authors at the Center for Neuropsychopharmacology at Imperial College London.

might give some more food for thought on the "stoned ape theory"

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:35 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 17:11:
Yeah, gamestop? Uh uh...

My plan had been to pre-order from Amazon. By the time I got up (it was late, I am sick as a dog.) and read the news, Amazon was no longer taking orders for the PS4 version. I even checked with Best Buy before settling on Gamestop. I have about $70 in credit there still. (Watchdogs and The Last of Us were already fully paid up) I've been using it mostly for game time cards for ESO and Gems for GW2. I just hate dealing with the guys at the local store.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:11 nin

Yeah, gamestop? Uh uh...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 17:05 Agent.X7

Good God, Gamestop is frustrating. Drive 10 minutes to store. NOBODY employed at the store has heard about the Ghost edition. You work in a game store and none of you read the gaming press? O..k...They look up a pre-order for me. Nope, not available yet. Dude, seriously? You know Amazon is sold out of PS4 pre-orders right now. I need to get this reserved so I actually get one. They tell me to reserve the regular and I can change it when the CE is in the system. Yeah, no.

Pre-ordered at Gamestop online. Of course, they don't do free release date shipping. Hell, they don't do ANY free shipping, not even to a store.

Anyway, this is the last of my credit there, and I hope to avoid them like the plague from now on. They banned me from trading in anyway.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 16:54 jdreyer

KIDS REACT TO GAME BOY.

I wonder how they'd react to the old Coleco football game.

26. Re: Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 16:51 jdreyer

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:49:
http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-for-Collectors/en/News/News?aid=11642

Ghost edition of Destiny announced, along with Limited Edition and start of Beta access. (07/17 for PS4) Ghost Edition includes their version of a season pass. Excuse me, I have to run to Gamestop.

For half a second I thought, Uh Oh, another lawsuit from Activision (CoD: Ghosts). But then I remembered that Density is also published by Activision so no problem.

25. Re: F-16 Lands Uncomfortably Low.... Jul 7, 2014, 16:46 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 14:37:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:26:

Definitely an F-16. Freeze the vid at 0:16, and you'll see the characteristic single underside air intake and single rear engine. F-18s have two of each.

you're an aviation buff too JD? heh, cool. pretty easy to identify it was an f16. btw, do you go by JD-Reyer, or J-Dreyer?

The latter.

And have a love of flight sims, although I don't have the time to put into them anymore.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 16:21 Cyanotetyphas

To my eyes that human template article seemed to be more about haircuts. Some of them were close but I wasn't that impressed. I've never understood people that confuse Ben Kingsley and Patrick Stewart.  

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 16:20 Mr. Tact

RoboNerd wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 15:07:
Re: Can you pass a U.S. citizenship test? 48/50

I got 47 out of 50 - Dang, Blue is more true Blue American than me.
Same here, was bummed on the third miss.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 15:15 sir

39/50 for me..not bad for barely literate Eurotrash  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2014, 15:07 RoboNerd

Re: Can you pass a U.S. citizenship test? 48/50

I got 47 out of 50 - Dang, Blue is more true Blue American than me.

20. Re: Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 14:46 Agent.X7

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 14:10:

Ghost edition of Destiny announced, along with Limited Edition and start of Beta access. (07/17 for PS4) Ghost Edition includes their version of a season pass. Excuse me, I have to run to Gamestop.

I can't tell if you're genuinely excited, or being facetious.

Excited. I got to play the Alpha on PS4 and it was a lot of fun. I'd prefer any FPS be on PC - in fact, I can barely play them if they aren't - but Destiny actually felt decent on PS4. No where near the spot on precision of a mouse, but way better than anything I have tried before, including Killzone on PS4. It had a bunch of stuff to do in a little area, the co-op was great. Just a lot of fun.

And I'm addicted to Collectors Editions.

Nin - yeah, it's a bit pricey, but you get a cool case, the Ghost model, and the 1 season of DLC. Those are normally $20, so it's really more like $130. I don't mind over $100 if it has a statue or something. The new Dragon Age CE is appalling because of the price and the lack of anything really solid for the price.

Also because it's Bioware and I'm not even buying that game for full price after ME2 and DA2 and SWTOR and...

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

19. Re: F-16 Lands Uncomfortably Low.... Jul 7, 2014, 14:37 1badmf

jdreyer wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 13:26:

Definitely an F-16. Freeze the vid at 0:16, and you'll see the characteristic single underside air intake and single rear engine. F-18s have two of each.

you're an aviation buff too JD? heh, cool. pretty easy to identify it was an f16. btw, do you go by JD-Reyer, or J-Dreyer?

18. Re: Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 14:10 jdreyer

I can't tell if you're genuinely excited, or being facetious.

17. Re: Bungie day! Jul 7, 2014, 14:08 nin

I see it on amazon. $149 on the high end? Ballsy...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo