Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer

The UbiBlog now offers a Far Cry 4 "Accolades Trailer" pumping up the press for pumping up the shooter sequel at this year's E3. They also announce that those who preorder the game will be automatically upgraded to the limited edition, while also offering details on an even more exclusive Kyrat Edition, saying this is what you'll get for the $129.99 this will set you back:

• Statue of Pagan Min
  • Travel Journal
  • Propaganda Poster
  • Map of Kyrat
  • Collector’s Box
  • Hurk’s Redemption (the three single-player missions in the Limited Edition)
  • The Impaler

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 5, 2014, 16:36 Jerykk

The E3 demo looked entirely plausible to me. It was basically just FC3, only with elephants. I was relatively apathetic towards the game when it was announced but now I'm interested.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 5, 2014, 12:02 Ant

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 11:32:
Anyone else remember the Farcry 3 E3 trailer that was nothing like it was in the game?

No deal Ubisoft.
Isn't it always like that? Marketing always make things look good! Don't always believe them!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

19. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 5, 2014, 11:39 Beamer

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 11:32:
Anyone else remember the Farcry 3 E3 trailer that was nothing like it was in the game?

No deal Ubisoft.

Yup, action was too fluid to be a game.
However, the game was hands down my favorite action game of that year, so give me more.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 5, 2014, 11:32 The Half Elf

No deal Ubisoft.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 5, 2014, 09:26 Krodge

$130, Thats $150 here in NZ, plus the extra $60 or so they always tack on as punishment for being in the wrong hemisphere.
I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up costing over $200, but that wont be the first time.

I think I'll wait for the steam sale and get it for $30.

16. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 23:59 Trevellian

Nope, Ubisoft can lick my taint.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

15. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 22:48 Parias

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 10:53:
Since the coop doesn't do the story missions, that's kind of a wasted effort, shame.

Are you serious? What a god damned waste - I was looking forward to setting up with my friend at a LAN party and blowing through the whole game with him, but it sounds like that won't be possible. What the hell's the point then?

14. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 22:27 Ant

Is it me or does that trailer's music sound like No One Lives Forever (NOLF)'s theme song?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 18:55 CJ_Parker

Retarded $130 collection of junk shit  

12. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 17:45 WaltC

Beamer wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 16:50:

Only half the PCs on Steam have more than 4GB of RAM, so you'll be waiting a while. UE4 will take advantage of that much RAM, but devs won't be targeting over 4GB for a long, long, long time.

Actually, this year's sleeper Ubisoft product, M&MX, that shipped in mid-January, required 4GBs and recommended 6GBs of ram. I would imagine that "less than half" of the PCs using Steam is quite a sizable number. I think games like M&MX, requiring between 4-8GBs of ram will be coming faster than it might've happened had not both new consoles shipped with 8GBs of ram onboard. Developers are already headed in that direction--which is the *one* good thing consoles have brought to the table recently. The consoles are at a disadvantage, of course, because that 8GBs must be shared with the GPU, whereas PCs have their own separate pools of videoram. For instance, I've got 8GBs system ram & 2GB's video ram, for a total of 10GBs, whereas the consoles must share their 8GB pools of ram between the cpu and the gpu, creating bus contention as just one not-so-hot side-effect. But basically, before we realize it, at least 4GB-6GBs of system ram will be the baseline for a number of upcoming PC titles, imo. Major increases in videoram, required by much higher resolutions, is coming, too, although that might not start happening until 4k resolutions become commonplace--in another year or two. The darn monitors are hardly shipping yet but they've already come way, way down in price...!

As to who might ever pay Ubisoft $129 *in advance* for a game that hasn't yet shipped--I cannot imagine one person ever doing that...;) It reminds me of the old adage: "A sucker is born every minute"...

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

11. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 16:50 Beamer

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:59:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:29:
Beelzebud wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:16:
Next Gen is a meaningless phrase.
Oh no no no, next gen is a very meaningful phrase my friend.
It means many or all of the things below:

-Day 1 DLC
-Season Pass
-$60 base game
-preorder for "limited edition" (while supplies last)
-low graphical fidelity for the PC port so the "next gen" consoles can run the game at 30fps
-optional mouse and keyboard support
-FOV=55
-quick time (button mashing) action sequences
-press A to start
-always online

I am sure there are plenty more "next-gen" game features in AAA titles these days, but you get the idea.
See Watch Doge from Ubisoft for a recent example of a "next gen" title

A lot of that sounds last gen to.

New gen to me means we'll be using 4 gigs + of memory on our PC. Now if we can tell the difference or not, a whole 'nother question.

Only half the PCs on Steam have more than 4GB of RAM, so you'll be waiting a while. UE4 will take advantage of that much RAM, but devs won't be targeting over 4GB for a long, long, long time.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 15:56 Task

at the very end after the elephant sound, there is the lost monster sound. Lost Monster Confirmed.  

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

9. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 14:00 SpectralMeat

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:59:
Yep, not a whole heck of a lot have changed

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:59 HorrorScope

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 13:29:

-Day 1 DLC
-Season Pass
-$60 base game
-low graphical fidelity for the PC port so the "next gen" consoles can run the game at 30fps
-FOV=55
-press A to start
-always online

I am sure there are plenty more "next-gen" game features in AAA titles these days, but you get the idea.

New gen to me means we'll be using 4 gigs + of memory on our PC. Now if we can tell the difference or not, a whole 'nother question.

7. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:29 SpectralMeat

-Day 1 DLC
-Season Pass
-$60 base game
-FOV=55
-press A to start
-always online

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2014, 13:38.

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:29 nin

This is not unlike deals they've done with the AC series and Watch Dogs.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:21 FloorPie

Wow. $130. Well, at least you get a "Statue of Pagan Min".

Wake me when its on a steam sale for sub $20.

4. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:16 Beelzebud

The consoles don't even ship with current PC hardware, how the hell is any of it "next gen" anything?

3. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 13:13 Linksil

Yea looking forwards to seeing how much of a sale this is right after launch. What i'm really wondering is what the people from these mag/websites are looking at? From watching the 1080p videos from E3 that they watched, the game looks the same as every other FPS current gen. It's def not next gen, and def not "an entirely new environment". Honestly looked like FPS tomb raider in the hills.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

2. Re: Far Cry 4 $130 Kyrat Edition Detailed; New Trailer Jul 4, 2014, 10:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looking forward to the $9.99 or under sale for Far Cry 4. 129.99? Rofl.

Since the coop doesn't do the story missions, that's kind of a wasted effort, shame.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo