Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Hardline Change Plans

A post on The Battlefield Blog discusses the outcome of the recently concluded round of beta testing for Battlefield Hardline, the upcoming law enforcement installment in the Battlefield series of shooters. They outline 10 changes they are working on based on beta feedback. Here's word from Lead Multiplayer Designer
Thad Sasser:

1. MOVEMENT:
    There was a lot of feedback about slow movement speed and feeling “sluggish”. We’ve increased player speed by 10%, and players will get a +10% bonus for running with your pistol out. It feels much faster now!
  2. SUPPRESSION:
    There were a lot of negative comments about the camera “bounce” when suppressed. We’ve changed the way suppression works – your aimpoint is no longer affected, but your situational awareness is.
  3. SURVIVALIST:
    We’ve heard both sides of the argument on the Survivalist gadget, it is pretty polarizing. Some of you hate it, some of you love it – either way, we agree it was overpowered. We’ve changed it to revive you at 1 health and auto-inject after 5 seconds.
  4. HIGH TENSION – CRANE CAMERA SHAKE:
    A number of people called out the camera shake from this event as being too over the top. We’re tuning this down.
  5. HIGH TENSION – STAIRS IN HIGH TENSION BUG:
    Stairs in High Tension should no longer pull players into the wall.
  6. ELEVATED OBJECTIVES:
    We’ve added some feedback to help you find the objective when it’s above or below you.
  7. SPECIAL VEHICLES:
    We’re working on adding more special drivable vehicles like the Fuel Truck into all maps. We’re also working on a handbrake for cars.
  8. STUCK VEHICLES:
    We’re working on the ability to “nudge” vehicles with a melee attack to help get them unstuck or to be able to move past them. No promises, but the early prototype looks promising!
  9. HEAVY VEHICLE DAMAGE:
    We’ve added “weak spots” in the rear of the heavily armored vehicles, making it much easier to bring them down!
  10. VEHICLE OCCUPANT LIST:
    We’re working on adding the Bag Carrier icon to the list of teammates inside your vehicle, so that you can tell when the bag carrier gets in your vehicle.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 13:08 ASeven

Creston wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 12:18:
InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 05:30:
Slick wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 04:18:

Snobbish elitist richer than thou argument.

Narcissists are amusing.

Slick's an EA shill, but the dumbest kind, because I'm pretty sure they don't even pay him.

You are assuming shills aren't dumb by nature.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 12:18 Creston

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 05:30:

Narcissists are amusing.

Slick's an EA shill, but the dumbest kind, because I'm pretty sure they don't even pay him.

23. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:12 Verno

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 09:10:
Verno wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 08:56:
I remember Dice saying that Battlefield wouldn't be a yearly franchise because it would hurt the quality. Times have changed

As long as the main political players today remain large corporations, companies will never be held liable for the fabrications and propaganda designed to appease their customers.

This is a relatively harmless example. There are far worse ones out there, obviously not in the gaming industry.

Errr ok, I think you misclicked dude, this is the BF thread

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

22. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:12 SpectralMeat

Well Activision can do it with CoD so
EA needs a shooter game on the annual release schedule the sports games are not enough!

Steam: SpectralMeat

21. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:10 InBlack

I remember Dice saying that Battlefield wouldn't be a yearly franchise because it would hurt the quality. Times have changed

As long as the main political players today remain large corporations, companies will never be held liable for the fabrications and propaganda designed to appease their customers.

This is a relatively harmless example. There are far worse ones out there, obviously not in the gaming industry.

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:08 Verno

Maybe they mean the mainline series but even that is stretching it at 2 years given all of the rampant Q/A problems with each release.  

19. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 09:04 SpectralMeat

Yep they've said that last October when BF4 came out.
I find it hard to believe that Dice had no idea about Hardline being developed 9 months ago.

Steam: SpectralMeat

18. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 08:56 Verno

17. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 08:00 hoak

Jebuz, they apparently only payed attention to the 'beta feedback' (those should be air quotes) that would make Hardline even MORE like Battlefield 3 and 4; more speed, more spam, less in the way of original features...

The mod, er game was actually pretty interesting in its beta format; had EA & friends had the balls moral courage to deliver something truly original it might have been interesting.

The best summery comment I've seen so far was on another blog, where SuicideKing said: "It’ll be a shame if it’s actually a good game, but everyone's too cynical to buy it.

It’ll be a bigger shame if everyone thinks like that, buys it, and it turns out to be the same crap-fest that modern EA games more than often turn out to be.
"

But generally this Battlefield Blog post is already shame...

16. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 07:35 Redmask

Don't feed the trolls.  

15. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 06:48 ASeven

There's still people that hasn't slick in their ignore list? Holy crap!  

14. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 05:30 InBlack

Narcissists are amusing.

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 04:18 Slick

y'all bitches must be some poor ass fools.

$60 for a game? yeah, that's not new. in fact it's a lot more than $60 in many other countries.

and i can promise you that there are literally hundreds of millions of $60+ that have been spent on much worse games. Most "AAA" titles hold my attention for about 3-4 hours, then i rarely pick it back up again. rarely do i get halfway through, let alone finish them. my steam list is filled with titles that I've literally never even installed. At least a BF game i'll get hundreds of hours of enjoyment on the high end, 40-50 on the low end.

I remember when my dad bought me Ice Climber for the NES and it was $49. worth every penny. buck up or shut up.

when i read: "i'll buy it when it's $30" that's me hearing: "I want to play this game, except i'm a bitch". If you enjoy something then don't play coy.

get a paper route or something, you guys need to stop being so poor.

You've been slicked. Wash up. -nin

12. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 03:57 Arithon

£36 for it? You should complain! It costs $99 in the UK!

Needless to say, I am not buying a lazy mod at twice full game price. Especially from a company that now denies mod tools to the game community in order to pull money-grabs like this.

The only way DICE/EA can restore good faith now, would be by releasing the server EXE's for BF:BC2 and mod tools for BF:BC2, BF:3 and BF:4 (when the last DLC has shipped).

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 3, 2014, 02:30 Jackplug

Oh we heard that you forgot to put extra destruction in your game, so you're putting extra dints into vehicles and I see you're noobing the game already by weakening all the vehicles that should be harder to blow up.

That's something I haven't heard before, a game that's been noobed before its been released! What's the point in playing it, might aswell call it Battlefield Nerfline

10. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 23:57 SlimRam

11. WEAPON DAMAGE AND COVER:
We heard you bastards yelling that you missed the ability to kill people running around corners and into cover so we put that back into the game, thank us later.

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"

9. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 23:15 DangerDog

It's more than I thought they would do, DICE has always been non compliant when it comes to suggestions from the community or they take the feedback and go off in some crazy tangent. Having Battlefield in new hands might be a good thing after all.

Like when they nerfed grenades in BF2, somehow from just limiting the number of grenades you had and how quickly you could re-arm them they took away the ability to throw a grenade further with a well timed jump.

8. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 23:14 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:24:
Check out WarFace ya slugs! It is free and co-op is pushed. You can lift eachother over walls and onto high platforms like Army of Two games.

Gotta be blunt man, that game looks really boring.

7. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 21:15 jdreyer

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 20:24:
Check out WarFace ya slugs! It is free and co-op is pushed. You can lift eachother over walls and onto high platforms like Army of Two games.

They need a better marketing team. Graphics look a few years old. How does it compare to BF or CoD?

Also, that name. Ugh. Still, if it plays well and is free, will give it a try.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

6. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 20:24 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo