Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief Film Plans

The Tracking Board reports on plans for a film adaptation of the Thief series of stealthy, larcenous action games (thanks PCGamesN). Here's word on the project and the pedigree of the people behind it:

Vertigo and Prime Universe are developing a movie based on THIEF, the seminal stealth action video game from Looking Glass Studios and Eidos Interactive. Adrian Askarieh and Roy Lee are producing.

“Thief” is not the first stealth game that Prime Universe has adapted. Askarieh produced the 2007 film “Hitman,” starring Timothy Olyphant and Olga Kurylenko, based on the video game of the same name. A reboot entitled “Hitman: Agent 47″ is currently in production. Vertigo, meanwhile, is coming off its own successful adaptation, “The Lego Movie,” which grossed almost half a billion dollars worldwide and met with enormous acclaim from audiences and critics alike.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Shodan FTW! Jul 4, 2014, 01:58 Ant

Fantaz wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:57:
i'd rather want to go see a movie adaptation of the System Shock series...
"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?"

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 3, 2014, 06:24 netnerd85

Awesome, can't wait!  

25. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 3, 2014, 01:47 SlimRam

Cutter wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 18:07:
In a world ruled by heartless and greedy men, one man decided he was going to fight back. He was going to take from them what was most precious. Coming next summer Jason Staham is...The Thief!
Hehehehe EXACTLY! Let's see, they'll HAVE to dress Garrett (Statham) in a expensive, but stretchy black business suit so Garrett can karate kick his way thru the streets and roof tops of 'The City'! Instead of bow and arrows, THIS Garrett fires justice from two chrome-plated 50. cal Desert Eagles while spouting his catch phrase, "What's Your's IS Mine, and I choose to take your LIFE!" *BLAM BLAM*

My God, if the similarities between this movie and the source material were any closer I seriously doubt I could tell the two apart! Fingers crossed fellas, this movie has win written all over it...

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

24. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:35 Creston

Loopy wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 18:11:
Creston wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 13:54:
Casting agent: "I see here you played in the Thief movie. What role did you have?"

Aspiring actor: "I was the guard who kept walking the same circle and kept looking at the same relic in the glass case every 30 seconds."

I'd rather play that guard that the spin me right round baby guy. Pretty sure I'd have to hurl after doing that.

Hehehe.

23. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:25 nin

Loopy wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 18:11:
Casting agent: "I see here you played in the Thief movie. What role did you have?"

Aspiring actor: "I was the guard who kept walking the same circle and kept looking at the same relic in the glass case every 30 seconds."

I'd rather play that guard that the spin me right round baby guy. Pretty sure I'd have to hurl after doing that.

Man! Going to be a bitch to get past him unseen...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

22. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:11 Loopy

21. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 18:07 Cutter

In a world ruled by heartless and greedy men, one man decided he was going to fight back. He was going to take from them what was most precious. Coming next summer Jason Staham is...The Thief!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

20. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 17:41 NegaDeath

jdreyer wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 15:58:
Don't forget the explosions. LOTS of explosions.

Indeed. Have one of the paintings contain a secret message pointing to a great treasure, only to have that treasure point to a bigger treasure at the end of the movie.

I smell franchise.

19. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 17:24 Iurand

Panickd wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:37:
a movie about a thief in a medieval/fantasy setting but no, that won't do. There isn't any previous IP there.

Robin Hood.

18. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 15:58 jdreyer

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 14:52:
"Releasing this Thursday, Thief is the story of Garrett (played by Mark Wahlberg) a single father trying to earn money any way he can to pay for his child's chemotherapy treatments."

Nailed it.

Don't forget the explosions. LOTS of explosions.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

17. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 14:56 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 14:46:
They could have Woody Harrelson play the Thief. He can't jump either.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Jivaro wins.

16. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 14:52 NegaDeath

"Releasing this Thursday, Thief is the story of Garrett (played by Mark Wahlberg) a single father trying to earn money any way he can to pay for his child's chemotherapy treatments."

Nailed it.

15. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 14:49 Acleacius

Thief: The Console, The Movie, The Reboot!

"We are so good, we are rebooting before the series ever begins"

"Just cause the game was a failure...."

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

14. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 14:46 Jivaro

They could have Woody Harrelson play the Thief. He can't jump either.  

13. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 13:54 Creston

12. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 13:22 Task

Well they could use the THRIEF4 story, its pretty nonsensical, right up hollywood's alley.  

11. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 13:17 jdreyer

Phasenoise wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 10:00:
15 minutes of the movie are consumed watching Garret shim open windows in real time.

And lots and lots of first person shots of shooting arrows! Woohoo!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 12:30 Wallshadows

Set in the year 2018 and Garrett is now a Cyborg. Featuring Inception bwaaaaa noises, bright lights to distract the viewer, and dubstep.  

9. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 11:05 Cutter

What Looking Glass produced was seminal. What Eidos produced was a POS. Really, just an awful game from people who very obviously had no clue what made the originals so good.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 11:00 MajorD

Task wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 09:13:
Ok? Is it based on the clearly better The Dark Project story?

Good questions. I certainly hope so.....

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo