Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Tech Bits

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 13:01 Zoom

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 22:03:
It certainly goes back further then Roman times, Greek and Etruscan which that 'Roman' art is probably from. Its clear that WaltC has never picked up a history book.
Let's go even further back, to the first writings from Sumerians and Babylonians. We can cite Gilgamesh, for example, quite striking actually...
That makes it as old as written history. Of course what of prehistoric times, we can only guess.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 11:35 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:05:
HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 23:35:
Wallshadows wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 22:47:
I was wondering today what would happen if scholars unearthed ancient scripture written by someone in the Bible that the Apostles jerked each other off as Jesus watched just to pass time. Would they accept it or would they conveniently ignore it like much of the book they thump as fact.

Those chapters never make it to the public, like the one he was a coke dealer.

Or even the more plausible ones like that Jesus was probably married.

Oh fuck that's even worse, no wonder they burn and bury evidence.

46. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 10:52 harlock

Krovven wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:31:
I wasn't suggesting it didn't. It was an example that is widely known and has facts to back it up.

As for the other comment of where Roman "culture" came from...most civilizations have absorbed culture from various locations.

but hardly any of them to the extent that the romans stole from the greeks.. you wanna talk about "widely known"? yeh go look it up

man, some people will argue about anything.. gee whiz

45. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 10:15 rocketpcguy

haha even as a non-english speaker i can see dj LiTh was backing Krovven and Krovven thinks he's against him.  

44. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 00:44 dj LiTh

Krovven wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:31:
Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 21:23:
WaltC wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:26:
Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:43:
Really? Strange, as in unexpected? In the US 30% of adults say they take the Bible literally, and believe in creationism and an earth that's less than 10,000 years old. Religion is a very influential factor. Would sexual orientation be an issue at all if the churches weren't banging that drum to their devotees?

Gee, guy, take a look at anatomical charts for men and women and study up on how the human race procreates (how you got here, in other words), and you may just discover the reason homosexuality has been a deviant sexual practice in every civilization on earth since the dawn of recorded history. Long before there were churches, etc.

Actually homosexuality and bisexuality was perfectly acceptable during ancient Roman times (there is plenty of art still around as proof).

Homophobia is largely a modern movement fueled by religious nonsense.

It certainly goes back further then Roman times, Greek and Etruscan which that 'Roman' art is probably from. Its clear that WaltC has never picked up a history book.

I wasn't suggesting it didn't. It was an example that is widely known and has facts to back it up.

As for the other comment of where Roman "culture" came from...most civilizations have absorbed culture from various locations. The Roman empire lasted a very long time and it's influence spanned a massive amount of the world. This was not to suggest that the art was specifically Roman, or that homosexuality was specific to the Romans.

Some people just want to argue anything, regardless of it's relevance to the actual topic.

Wow, this certainly went over your head... I was merely backing up your point by saying that it goes back even further. But by all means, take offense and pretend it doesnt have relevance to what you said

43. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 00:31 Krovven

Really? Strange, as in unexpected? In the US 30% of adults say they take the Bible literally, and believe in creationism and an earth that's less than 10,000 years old. Religion is a very influential factor. Would sexual orientation be an issue at all if the churches weren't banging that drum to their devotees?

Gee, guy, take a look at anatomical charts for men and women and study up on how the human race procreates (how you got here, in other words), and you may just discover the reason homosexuality has been a deviant sexual practice in every civilization on earth since the dawn of recorded history. Long before there were churches, etc.

Actually homosexuality and bisexuality was perfectly acceptable during ancient Roman times (there is plenty of art still around as proof).

As for the other comment of where Roman "culture" came from...most civilizations have absorbed culture from various locations. The Roman empire lasted a very long time and it's influence spanned a massive amount of the world. This was not to suggest that the art was specifically Roman, or that homosexuality was specific to the Romans.

Some people just want to argue anything, regardless of it's relevance to the actual topic.

42. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 29, 2014, 00:05 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 23:35:
I was wondering today what would happen if scholars unearthed ancient scripture written by someone in the Bible that the Apostles jerked each other off as Jesus watched just to pass time. Would they accept it or would they conveniently ignore it like much of the book they thump as fact.

Or even the more plausible ones like that Jesus was probably married.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

41. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 23:35 HorrorScope

40. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 22:47 Wallshadows

39. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 22:35 harlock

yeh rome stole their entire culture from the greeks, they had practically none to speak of until they started conquering everyone else

the greeks were freaks, btw:

"Pederasty in ancient Greece was a socially acknowledged erotic relationship between an adult male (the erastes) and a younger male (the eromenos) usually in his teens.[1] It was characteristic of the Archaic and Classical periods.[2] Some scholars locate its origin in initiation ritual, particularly rites of passage on Crete, where it was associated with entrance into military life and the religion of Zeus.[3]

The social custom called paiderastia by the Greeks was both idealized and criticized in ancient literature and philosophy;[4] it has no formal existence in the Homeric epics, and seems to have developed in the late 7th century BC as an aspect of Greek homosocial culture,[5] which was characterized also by athletic and artistic nudity, delayed marriage for aristocrats, symposia, and the social seclusion of women.[6] The influence of pederasty was so pervasive that it has been called "the principal cultural model for free relationships between citizens."[7]"

38. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 22:23 Cutter

TangledThorns wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 17:51:
Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 17:35:

And yet another moron goes on ignore.

Censor much?

I'm not censoring anyone. He's free to express his idiotic opinion and I'm free to ignore it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

37. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 22:03 dj LiTh

36. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 21:23 Krovven

35. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 20:20 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 14:49:
Great just what I need... more idiots becoming gay because that's what the iphone's CEO is.

'OMG I just got the new iphone 6... AND I just turned gay!'
'

HAHHAHAHA

Another good one sir!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

34. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 18:41 dj LiTh

to quote Mr. Takei Ohhhh Myyyyy...  

33. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 18:27 Kitkoan

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 18:23:
How is this a surprise? Apple corporate policy has long been to bone consumers in the ...

On second thought, I'll leave that joke only partially outed...

Sometimes that's not a joke...

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

32. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 18:23 Eirikrautha

How is this a surprise? Apple corporate policy has long been to bone consumers in the ...

On second thought, I'll leave that joke only partially outed...

31. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 18:17 Burrito of Peace

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:37:
These are also the true bible thumpers that rake us over the coals trying to decipher the old testament which is in general trumped by the much more peacful and liberal new testament. You stop judging us and let God judge us.

A big ole fat THIS!

What chaps my ass to no end is that these mouth breathing fuckwits allegedly read the Bible but understand NONE of it! Christ literally says "This is the new and everlasting covenant". Anyone with a half a fucking brain understands that his words not only dismiss the old covenant that Abraham had with God, it completely destroys it! The new covenant is based on a very simple premise, and to say it in modern language, that premise is "Don't be a dick; help out when you can, not when its convenient".

Christ himself says NOTHING explicitly about homosexuality and the only person who goes on and on in the New Testament about it is Paul, and that guy was a raging asshole and misogynist. His own words mark him as someone who, even as a disciple, didn't get it.

It's 2014. I live in the Bible Belt. I grew up in the Bible Belt. Who gives a rat's ass what consenting adult you find love, joy and acceptance within? If I had my way, I'd legally demarcate every religion as both a cult and terrorist organization.

30. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 18:13 Kitkoan

TangledThorns wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 17:51:
Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 17:35:

And yet another moron goes on ignore.

Censor much?

I wouldn't call blocking trolls as censoring.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

29. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 18:06 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 17:03:
You can't choose to be straight if you're gay any more than you can choose to be gay if you're straight. People are how they're born, and it's long past time for people to accept that, regardless of what they think about people's love life. Straight people have some pretty fcked up sexual practices, so that's hardly a reason to castigate gays.

Yes. I'll even put hope in that everyone that can't get over it, that all their offspring are gay until they accept it or die. This is nature. It is perverted. That said, I do love me some "I hate gays" who are politicians and then when one of their offspring come out as gay, they change their tune. How about we just skip to the end game then and simply accept it, instead of all the hate up to the point we will finally all accept it. It also doubles my chances, shhh...

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo