Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Went out with my buddies last night and had a fine old time. We ended up in a burger joint for dinner, so I figured it was worth a try. What a horrible mistake... I got a gray burger with no sear that I should have sent back. It's been a really long time since I've had a burger out besides our exploring what all the fuss was about at Five Guys, and it will be even longer going forward after last night. My own burgers are perfect for me, and I don't think I will bother trusting anyone else with the job in the future.

Gray Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: I Saw Her Across the World.
Link: 5 B.S. 'Achievements' People Need to Stop Taking Seriously.
Stories: "Bond 24" Production Delay Due To Re-Writes?
The fall and fall of Gordon Ramsay.
Pre-Sales Good, Reviews Bad For "Transformers".
Media: If they find it, they will play with it.
Big Jump Small Cat.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 11:48 xXBatmanXx

If you want a free game - http://store.steampowered.com/app/289480/ sell the cards.

(game is 50% off right now)

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 10:57 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:12:
How is Dust: Elysian Tale? I'm not really into platformers, but this looks like it has some interesting RPG elements, and word of mouth has been good. It's on flash sale for $3 right now.

I enjoyed it. Its like a platformer/beat'em up with some light RPG elements. Has a very Saturday morning cartoon feel to it.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 01:19 Alamar

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 00:12:
How is Dust: Elysian Tale? I'm not really into platformers, but this looks like it has some interesting RPG elements, and word of mouth has been good. It's on flash sale for $3 right now.

Oh humble bundle (I assume)... Read this comment, and remembered I had thought about checking out this game... Head to the site, click on it, watch the video... $3... Ya, I should get that...

Green bar underneath says I already own it...

Edit: Holy crap, I also own Dustforce, which I was considering trying out too...

-Alamar

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2014, 00:12 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 22:24 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 21:01:
Bats, how was goat sim a bust? Am interested but seemed like a one trick pony.

Have you tried State of Decay yet? Played for the first time last night but couldn't get into it.

SoD is pretty good but it gets old fast. They should focused more on building and creating stuff than scavenging.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 21:38 xXBatmanXx

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 21:11:
Goat Simulator is pretty much "look, I made something in unity!" and is only remotely entertaining for a very short while. Maybe to people who are smoking weed 24/7 it's got longer term entertainment value.. but to me it seemed very boring. Glad I "rented" it first.

It was fun for the 30 minutes I played it. Probably won't ever play again. Very glitchy, doesn't run very well, you get auto zoomed into the goat when you get close to something. It is just very poorly done. Not worth it even at 50% off.

It has the graphic quality of Carmageddeon 2 - and is the same thing - but with a goat....minus the racing....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 21:11 Mordecai Walfish

Goat Simulator is pretty much "look, I made something in unity!" and is only remotely entertaining for a very short while. Maybe to people who are smoking weed 24/7 it's got longer term entertainment value.. but to me it seemed very boring. Glad I "rented" it first.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 21:07 Mordecai Walfish

Got a fantastic burger joint named Zombie Burger that is somewhat close has great undead decor/atmosphere and some amazing burgers. Very well prepared and the toppings while unusual at times (fried egg and peanut butter on a 1/2 lb burger, for example), are really well thought out and delicious too.

The owners of Zombie Burger just opened up a new burger joint that's even closer to me called Syndicate, also. It is Syndicate/Organized Crime themed. I prefer zombie's menu more but having to only drive half as far is a nice perk, as well as the 1920's vibe to the place.

Never even seen a five guys burger joint though..

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 21:01 jdreyer

Bats, how was goat sim a bust? Am interested but seemed like a one trick pony.

Have you tried State of Decay yet? Played for the first time last night but couldn't get into it.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 20:26 xXBatmanXx

Nice Agent....sounds like you had a good day. Was there anyone using the facilities they provide? I guess personally I wouldn't use them, had a job where they had similar stuff and all I wanted to do was get home.....

Ended spending way more than i wanted to on the Steam sale.... $105...oh well. Everything was a substantial deal and bought lots of gifts. Going through and playing everything I bought - lots of really good stuff.

I did fire up Star Forge.....then went WTF!? Need to find online help....(probably not a good sign that all friends that have it are anywhere from .5 hours to 5 hours.....no one above 5)

Gems thus far in the sale:
Pixel Piracy by far, Fist Puncher (river city ransom/streets of rage), SteamWorld Dig, Insurgency and One Way Heroics

Busts: Goat Simulator and Nether

Purchases:
Goat Simulator
PAYDAY 2: Gage Sniper Pack
PAYDAY 2: Gage Mod Courier
PAYDAY 2: Gage Weapon Pack #01
PAYDAY 2: Gage Weapon Pack #02
Fist Puncher
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Super House of Dead Ninjas: True Ninja Pack
Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key
Avernum: Escape From the Pit
One Way Heroics
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition
SteamWorld Dig
Delver, Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
Pixel Piracy
Noir Syndrome
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
StarForge
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Insurgency
Gone Home
Rising Storm
Just Cause 2 DLC Collection
Nether - Watcher
Worms Revolution Gold
Defy Gravity
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome DLC
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 2: Wattle Gobbler
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 3: Mercenary Day
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 5: Son of Crawmerax
Borderlands 2: Headhunter 4: Wedding Day Massacre
Metro Last Light Complete
Divinity Anthology
State of Decay
State of Decay - Breakdown Steam Store and Retail Key
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2014, 20:33.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 19:45 Agent.X7

Whee! Just got home from Epic games. Played Fortnite in a Stormchaser event. Free eats and such. Got some nice swag. Got to see part of the building. Man, working there looks fun as hell. Rock climbing wall, a slide from floor 2 to the ground floor, basketball court. Of course, they have these amenities because they probably work 12- 14 hour days, but I did that working for myself without any cool stuff to show for it.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 19:15 1badmf

ramsay vs hakarl! fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xhfJRdwHnU

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 18:04 killer_roach

jdreyer wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 17:35:
sir wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:28:
Not that I like the guy, but Blue, that Gordon Ramsey story is from 2009.

Here's a more recent story, if you're interested. Same old, same old.

Sad thing is the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares was really pretty good - anybody with any interest in the business side of the restaurant industry should probably give it a perusal, because it touches on a lot of the common pitfalls and ways to address them. The US show, however? Basically just clueless owners and filthy kitchens. It got repetitive in a hurry, and nowhere near as interesting as some of the ones they showed in the UK where you had immaculate kitchens, great cooks, experienced owners, but still were hemorrhaging cash.

That being said, the Independent article comparing him to Jamie Oliver is a bit disingenuous. Ramsay seems to be approaching his brand in a much more traditional sense, while Oliver seems to be trying to brand himself more as an activist than a cook, raking in money from speaking fees on behalf of various awareness campaigns more so than his food.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 17:35 jdreyer

sir wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:28:
Not that I like the guy, but Blue, that Gordon Ramsey story is from 2009.

Here's a more recent story, if you're interested. Same old, same old.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 17:31 jdreyer

Quboid wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:10:
I've been getting HTTP error 500 on all pages except the home page over the last few hours. This (assuming it gets posted) is the first time comments pages have worked for me today.

Nothing to worry about. That's probably just MI5 tapping your connection. After all those posts about how football was the most dangerous sport, they've probably decided you need watching.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 17:30 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:55:
nin wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 13:39:
Wolfentein - $30! Very fun game!

That is cray cray. It came out like three weeks ago!

And everyone, please buy Shadowrun Returns. If it sells enough copies, they will hopefully make more campaigns for it, and the Berlin one was awesome.

Bought!

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 15:29 Cutter

Yeah, the original Shadowrun campaign isn't that good but the Berlin campaign is effing great!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 14:37 fiftykyu

Ima throw this here:

Steam sale (Saturday):

Also, Shadowrun for $3.74, BG2 Advanced for $6.74, Goat Sim for $6, and even Thief for $15, if you're high on drugs.

Knock yourselves out!

The new Wolfenstein game sounds fun, but by the time I remember to play it will probably be selling for $30 non-sale price. Couldn't resist (re)buying Baldur's Gate II, though...

These big Steam sales are murder on hopeless game accumulators. Trying not to think about at all the terrible games I bought simply because they were so cheap...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 14:01 nin

And everyone, please buy Shadowrun Returns. If it sells enough copies, they will hopefully make more campaigns for it, and the Berlin one was awesome.

Yeah, it better sell enough that Machine Games does the Wolf sequel!

And +1 for Shadowrun as well! Give your devs a nice dinner, go buy that stuff NOW!

edit: Wolf is showing as #2 in sales right now, which for $30 is good. Also enjoyed the graphic of the pink team doing the old table toss.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 14:00 Mad Max RW

They recently brought in some new people to work on an unannounced expansion pack. Buy it anyway because the game (especially Dragonfall) kicks ass.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo