Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer

A new summer trailer is now available for Space Hulk: Deathwing, offering a look at this upcoming first-person shooter set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Here's word on the debut gameplay footage this offers: "This first in-game video, created using the game engine (Unreal Engine 4), plunges you headlong into a Space Hulk, with the game's main character - a Librarian of the Deathwing, and a squad of Deathwing Terminators, in their a head-on confrontation with the merciless Genestealers. A clash that will prove deadly for the elite warriors of the Dark Angels and the outcome of which has a HUGE surprise in store."

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 20:29 Flatline

Prez wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:44:
At first I thought it was an expansion for the recently-released Space Hulk TBS. I bought that on a sale now I need to give it a whirl. I am frothing at the mouth at the idea of a solid WH40K shooter.

BTW, am I the only one who totally dug the Space Marine 3rd Person action game? It seems most around here slagged it pretty hard.

For as short as Space Marine was, it was incredibly repetitive. Which sucks because when they were changing things up the gameplay was fun. The risk/reward of healing by basically wading into combat was pretty good and the brutality stuff was fun.

But the animations were repetitive (I could only watch you make an ork give your chainsaw a blowjob about a thousand times before it got repetitive), the story was pretty boring.

If the innovation kept up I could have been pretty cool with that. The production quality was high though so points for that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 18:17 Eirikrautha

Don't worry. This is Games Workshop... They'll fuck it up...  

23. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 17:50 TangledThorns

Please don't suck.  

22. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 15:44 Prez

At first I thought it was an expansion for the recently-released Space Hulk TBS. I bought that on a sale now I need to give it a whirl. I am frothing at the mouth at the idea of a solid WH40K shooter.

BTW, am I the only one who totally dug the Space Marine 3rd Person action game? It seems most around here slagged it pretty hard.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 14:08 shinchan0s

Overon wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 11:46:
The Deathwing are not a chapter they are the elite 1st company of the 1st chapter Dark Angels and their successor chapters

Yeah, I know. I can see how my comment made it seem like I thought the Deathwing were a chapter

20. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 11:46 Overon

The Deathwing are not a chapter they are the elite 1st company of the 1st chapter Dark Angels and their successor chapters  

19. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 11:17 Warskull

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:12:
Overon wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 18:41:
Will this game be finally worthy of 40k?

What was wrong with "Dawn of War?"

A lot actually, Dawn of War 2 had some serious problems. They stuck the thing with GFWL, at launch they had a bug where units would permanently consume population cap (this was a very easy to trigger bug too, if you reinforced a squad to max size the last unit would eat that population cap forever), and they had a poorly designed P2P scheme where the second one jackass had their framerate drop everyone would have to wait for them. The game would run at the FPS of the player with the worst computer in multiplayer, otherwise it would get out of sync. They refused to add mechanics to aggressively kick players slowing the game down so every game was played at 10 FPS. It took them over 3 months to fix the issue with population cap, over 3 years to ditch GFWL, and the P2P issues are still in the game today. All this worked together to torpedo what could have otherwise been an excellent game.

Dawn of War 1 was pretty awesome, despite Relic's terrible balance and tendency to leave balance wrecking bugs in the game.

18. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 28, 2014, 03:20 KilrathiAce

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:12:

he meant since dawn of war.... you know like 5+ years without a good w40k game...

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

17. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 21:47 shinchan0s

Fuck yeah, the Deathwing! The first Space Marine chapter has been woefully under-represented in games. Nice to see them finally get their due.  

16. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 21:00 Lorcin

Kinda the video equivalent of "and they shall know no fear".

Basic game mechanics ignored if your a space marine. Now we have basic in-game footage being represented by cut-scenes just cause their space marines.

Bastards.

15. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 20:32 crypto

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 17:26:
Parias wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 15:52:
Sweet! I like, at least conceptually. But, it being squad-based and all.. will it have co-op?

Well, given that this was yet another rendered trailer with no gameplay in it, how are we supposed to know?

Edit: I see that it's not rendered, which means that the UE4 engine is being put to good use. Still, GAME PLAY ONLY PLEASE.

agreed, using the game to render a polished cut scene does _not_ make it game play. Bait & Switch marketing.

14. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 19:34 Overon

That's one of the ones that is worthy of 40k. There are too many others that aren't.  

13. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 19:12 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 18:41 Overon

11. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 18:09 verybad1

Cutter wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 17:22:
Boy, I wish I had me one o' them battlesuits.

Unless you're 8 feet tall and 500 pounds but in perfect shape, they wouldn't fit well. The Emperor's Marines are "changed" when they become marines.

*Christ* I'm a frikkin' nerd. Hold on, I'll go get a beer.

10. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 17:58 StaticRandomNumber

Awesome to see some more W40K, I am sucker for that universe. Although wary of some of the less fortunate attemtpts previously, but will definitely keep an eye on it.

There is actually a animated movie: "Ultramarines The Movie", oddly I got it a few years back, now that I am looking from the descriptions it's the same movie, but they appeared to have re-labelled it and given it a new cover.

9. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 17:46 verybad1

Dunno how the game will be, but damn cool Trailer, I wish they'd make a full length movie.

Just another day at work for a Space Marine!

8. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 17:26 jdreyer

Parias wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 15:52:
Sweet! I like, at least conceptually. But, it being squad-based and all.. will it have co-op?

Well, given that this was yet another rendered trailer with no gameplay in it, how are we supposed to know?

Edit: I see that it's not rendered, which means that the UE4 engine is being put to good use. Still, GAME PLAY ONLY PLEASE.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 17:22 Cutter

Boy, I wish I had me one o' them battlesuits.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Jun 27, 2014, 16:48 Tumbler

Looks pretty. Hard to get excited after the last few 40k titles. I think this was all CGI stuff? The game might look that good but who knows what the "game" part will do to that look.

It would be fucking awesome is they scrubbed any HUD elements in favor of a little voice that gave you reports. Contact to your right. Low Ammo. And the interface would be just looking into the game.

Maybe something like Dead Space, some menu's might be nice.

I want everything to take advantage of the OC DK 2!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo