Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 16:00 Verno

Has to be rated R otherwise it's a complete waste of money and time.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 13:37 Beamer

I've heard this will be less a reboot and more ignoring all the shit that has come. So it will probably assume that Predator happened. Maybe Predator 2, but probably not.

And you kind of have to ignore Predator 2. At the end of Predator a lone survivor is found. People probably don't take him seriously. His story is either forgotten or, for the purposes of making the film better, remembered as a bit of an urban legend and bit of lunacy.

In a new Predator sequel, you can have an elite forces team encounter him again. Probably in the desert, since that's where our elite forces are these days (but it's way less interesting.) The Predator likes hunting dangerous prey, so this makes sense. In further sequels, now that two teams have confirmed the Predator's existence, it can be taken more seriously, baited, whatever.

But you need to ignore Predator 2, which sucked and had endless witnesses and would create a world where everyone believed in aliens, and you definitely need to ignore Aliens vs Predator, which for some reason made creatures we had to travel dozens of light years 200 years in the future to find actually have been on our home planet longer than we have.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 13:27 Creston

1badmf wrote on Jun 25, 2014, 00:54:
don't forget,

"eef it bleeds, vee can keel it."

"KEEEL MEEE!!! I'M HEEAAAAA!!! KEEL ME NAO!!!"

also one of the more underrated ones, jesse ventura's "I ain't got tahm to bleed."

"You're ghosting us, motherfucker! I don't care who you are back in the world, you give up our position one more time, I'll bleed you, real quiet, and leave you here... Got that?"

18. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 13:24 Creston

PropheT wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 22:54:
I actually like the new Total Recall movie better than the old Schwarzenegger one.

You go wash your mouth! YOU GO WASH YOUR FILTHY MOUTH RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

17. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 10:06 Darks

PropheT wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 22:54:
I actually like the new Total Recall movie better than the old Schwarzenegger one.

I have to disagree with you there, I thought the movie sucked. I happen to love the original Total Recall by Arnie, Nothing tops the scene where they try to convince him heís dreaming and the guys drips sweat down his brow letting Arnie know they are full of shit. The New scene of her crying did not come off as convincing for me and it just ruined the movie at that point.

Plus the damn movie didnít even take place on Mars!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

16. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 08:17 Frags4Fun

harlock wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 20:00:
cant these useless fuckers come up with one goddamn original idea anymore?

Exactly what I was thinking.

15. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 06:18 Ventura

There aren't many of you running around mate, that's for damn sure.

As for Predator, I'm all for more, regardless, cause they're just such a kickarse species. That said, I'd rather Aliens vs Predator, to be honest. That one's never been done right, not even close, and I think it's fair to say the potential's off the charts.

14. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 00:54 1badmf

don't forget,

"eef it bleeds, vee can keel it."

"KEEEL MEEE!!! I'M HEEAAAAA!!! KEEL ME NAO!!!"

also one of the more underrated ones, jesse ventura's "I ain't got tahm to bleed."

13. Re: Into the Black Jun 25, 2014, 00:44 harlock

trying to cash in on GET TO DA CHOPPA

cuz you know that line will be in there too

12. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 23:09 Redmask

I don't think you can really recapture what made Predator great and manage to do it in PG13 so don't even bother trying.  

11. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 22:54 PropheT

Agree on the Predator movies, though, there's not much reason to remake them. Predators was pretty good, imo, and they could do something actually new instead of just trying to remake the original. They can keep Arnie out now, though, because like Danny Glover he's just too old for this shit.

10. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 22:52 DukeLeeto

Voodoo Magic man,F#@king voodoo magic.  

9. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 22:42 Cutter

I hope by reboot they mean back to basics. Predator was damn good, but Predator 2 was even better! Classic action flick and one I watch whenever it's on - same with Total Recall, which they'll reboot yet again for the ADD Twitter kids and call it Totes Rec. The AvP films were ok, but I did like Predators with Adrian Brody.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 21:45 Creston

I give it a tentative three dismissive wanks.  

7. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 21:44 Kosumo

I hope they get Jar Jar Binks to play the Predator!  

6. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 21:29 Task

You got to be shitting me.

The original is perfect the way it is.

Stop fucking rebooting movies. For the parents out there, make sure to make the kids watch the originals. When I first saw this movie, it was all about the mystery of what the predator was until the final reveal and then I was like, "holy shit" since the costume seemed so real.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2014, 21:37.

5. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 20:49 Grokk

harlock wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 20:00:

Indeed. Sure, Predator was a brilliant movie in it's day, but all of these "reboots" and shit completely change everything about the movie.

Total Recall the original was great, the newer version.... well whatever. Sure there was no Arnie, but they could have at least got their arse to Mars!

4. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 20:49 nin

Fantaz wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 20:42:
no arnie no care...

At this point, I don't think I want arnie back. Going to be hard enough seeing him in not one, but a Terminator trilogy...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 20:42 Fantaz

no arnie no care...  

2. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 20:00 harlock

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo