Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Crytek Rumors

Though Crytek refuted rumors that emerged over the weekend that the company is on the brink of bankruptcy, Kotaku has rumors of their own of troubles at the German developer, claiming these are based on information from current and former Crytek employees. This includes accounts of late paychecks (which have not prevented co-founders Cevat and Avni Yerli from allegedly continuing to drive their Ferraris to work); staff departures; the cancellation of a couple of projects including Ryse 2; and word of rampant staff dissatisfaction with the direction of the company. They conclude reporting not receiving responses from Crytek to questions raised in the story, in spite of recent assurances they would get the other side of the story, and say Avni Yerli has allegedly told staff not to talk with the press about what's going on.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 25, 2014, 00:52 harlock

Redmask wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 22:54:
People will defend any stupid shit on the internet, unreal.

heres the thing tho - they honestly cant see its stupid.. they think they are being "smart" by being greedy narcissists, because looking out for #1 is how you "win" at life

problem is, in the long run thats a dead end road - and thats why they will eventually naturally select themselves into extinction

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 22:54 Redmask

Tom wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 17:55:
Um hello, these are people working in the GAME INDUSTRY, not exactly the pinnacle of stability is it? And we're talking about a once-great company that has served up crappy games for years now. I'm pretty sure it's not a huge shock to any of those employees that the company is missing payroll and probably toast. Sure, they have the right to be upset and gripe about it. But when it comes to making mortgage payments and stuff, that is 100% on the employee. Be a responsible adult and have some savings to fall back on, and find another job if you don't like how things are going at your current one.

What a load of shit. The employee earns their money by providing their service to the employer, thats their part of the contract. The employer fucking pays them. Who cares how they spend it, missing payroll is not OK no matter if they blew it on hookers and blow or the cure to cancer. You be a responsible adult that misses your salary several times and tell me that doesn't get you upset at your employer who is cruising into work into an overpriced sports car at noon. If you don't understand why any of what we've been saying is common sense then please do the world a favor and don't ever get yourself put in a position of authority.

People will defend any stupid shit on the internet, unreal.

39. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 21:00 Titus Balls

I worked with the Yerli brothers back in 99/00' when they were just starting out as Crytech (and had 3 different games engines on the go).

Based on their actions then, this doesn't surprise me now.

They built the company on a bunch of naive young people around Europe who wanted to get into the games industry - most of us worked for free on some spec work with the intention of them moving us to Germany.

Specifically I worked on the Silent Space team - but they had been working on the X-Isle engine (which would form the basis of CryEnginee) and they showed it off to nVidia and everyone loved it.

At this point they basically dropped all the other teams - up to this point mostly unpaid - and persuaded a few core members to move to Germany (and I heard some first year rumours, but unconfirmed).

38. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 20:49 Cutter

Wildone wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 17:55:
Just wait till the Liberals come for YOUR money..

You mean like Clinton who cut taxes? Or Reagan - who made the largest tax increase in US history, or Bush Sr. who promised no new taxes then promptly raised them? Or the trillion dollars a year the GOP are stealing for their pals in the MIC and big oil? Yeah, it's the Dems who are the problem. Rolleyes

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

37. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 20:07 harlock

Redmask wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 17:02:
Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:15:
As much as I feel for employees who are trapped in a struggling company, I will never understand the "THE CEO STILL DRIVES HIS FERRARI TO WORK" complaint. If that's his car, what else is he supposed to do? Ride on a bicycle?

So that'd be better somehow? Now if it IS a one-man show, then he should sell it and pay his people for a month, but if it's not, he couldn't even legally do that.

Seriously? If you're having trouble meeting payroll and not even warning your employees then it probably isn't a good idea for morale to drive to work in your Ferrari. I would sooner sell my car than miss a payroll for anyone working under me, you can fuck with peoples mortgage payments and all sorts of other stuff by doing that.

Of course it would be better. It isn't a good idea as an employer to have everyone under you struggling while you practically slap them in the face with the reminder that you're still doing fine. Yes you can, you can loan an incorporated company money as a note payable though its more commonly done in the form of equity. People do it all the time.

you sound like one uh dem goshdern liberals! comin for our goshdern money! commie basterds

36. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 18:00 Beamer

Edit - nin beat me to it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

35. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:59 nin

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:43:
Ahumado wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:17:
why shouldn't they drive their ferrari's to work? class warfare knows no bounds

4 out of 10.

Hey! Let's do a political derail! Awesome!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:55 Wildone

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:43:
Ahumado wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 15:17:
why shouldn't they drive their ferrari's to work? class warfare knows no bounds

4 out of 10.

33. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:55 Tom

Um hello, these are people working in the GAME INDUSTRY, not exactly the pinnacle of stability is it? And we're talking about a once-great company that has served up crappy games for years now. I'm pretty sure it's not a huge shock to any of those employees that the company is missing payroll and probably toast. Sure, they have the right to be upset and gripe about it. But when it comes to making mortgage payments and stuff, that is 100% on the employee. Be a responsible adult and have some savings to fall back on, and find another job if you don't like how things are going at your current one.

This talk about how the company owners should sell their personal stuff to try to make payroll is stupid on so many levels. First, it's not sustainable. Second, a couple of Ferraris is probably a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what is needed to make payroll for hundreds of employees. Third, say they do loan the company their personal money, what exactly do you think that's going to accomplish? Do you really think the company just needs that little extra bit to squeak by and then things will be ok? No. A company does not recover from years of mismanagement that way.

32. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:11 Creston

Redmask wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 17:02:
Yes you can, you can loan an incorporated company money as a note payable and people do it all the time.

Okay, I didn't know that. Then yeah, he should sell his car and pay his people.

I didn't want to apologize for Cevat Yerli in any case, because the guy is a giant fucking asshole.

31. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:02 Redmask

As much as I feel for employees who are trapped in a struggling company, I will never understand the "THE CEO STILL DRIVES HIS FERRARI TO WORK" complaint. If that's his car, what else is he supposed to do? Ride on a bicycle?

So that'd be better somehow? Now if it IS a one-man show, then he should sell it and pay his people for a month, but if it's not, he couldn't even legally do that.

Seriously? If you're having trouble meeting payroll and not even warning your employees then it probably isn't a good idea for morale to drive to work in your Ferrari. I would sooner sell my car than miss a payroll for anyone working under me, you can fuck with peoples mortgage payments and all sorts of other stuff by doing that.

Of course it would be better. It isn't a good idea as an employer to have everyone under you struggling while you practically slap them in the face with the reminder that you're still doing fine. Yes you can, you can loan an incorporated company money as a note payable though its more commonly done in the form of equity. People do it all the time.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2014, 17:12.

30. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 17:01 nin

Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:48:
nin wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:27:

When you can't pay your employees? Might want to be a little less conspicuous.

So that'd be better somehow? Unless Crytek is a one-man owned company, company money (Crytek's money) does not equate to Cevat Yerli's money.

It implies he doesn't have money problems, while you haven't been paid for your work in a month.

It doesn't look good to the folks not getting paid.

29. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:48 Creston

So that'd be better somehow? Unless Crytek is a one-man owned company, company money (Crytek's money) does not equate to Cevat Yerli's money.

Now if it IS a one-man show, then he should sell it and pay his people for a month, but if it's not, he couldn't even legally do that.

28. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:46 Darks

How the mighty has fallen, how in the world unless they blew money of stupid stuff does a company that has a great engine like the Cry Engine go bankrupt? I donít get that.

Can we blame EA for this? That somehow feels right.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

27. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:35 Beamer

And no one has just a Ferrari. At the very least they have a Civic or a minivan somewhere, too.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:28 pagb

Just played Crysis 3... beautifully looking garbage.  

25. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:28 Linksil

ASeven wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 16:17:
I feel sorry for the employees but in the end, the higher ups made their bed and now they have to lie on it. Shame the rest of the guys get hit by the stupid decisions from management.

Problem is that the higher ups will end up with full packages and making a LOT of money, even if the company goes into bankruptcy. While the normal employee's are lucky to see a dime of pension or anything beyond showing up and not even being able to clean out their desks of personal things. Their beds are almost always soft and fluffy from the breaking of backs of the lower level people.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

24. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:27 nin

23. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:25 CJ_Parker

BWWWAAAHHHAAAAAA CRY-MOAR-NEWB-TEK HAHAHAHAAAA  

22. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 16:17 ASeven

I feel sorry for the employees but in the end, the higher ups made their bed and now they have to lie on it. Shame the rest of the guys get hit by the stupid decisions from management.  

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo