Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Play PC Titanfall for Free

Origin News announces a new program granting gamers free time to play games they haven't purchased. They kick this off with an opportunity to try this out on Titanfall, their recently released mech shooter. Here's how this works:

Itís Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: itís free time with full games. Origin Game Time isnít a demo, itís the full game playable for free for as long as thereís time on your Game Time clock. And weíre kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC.

This weekend youíll be able to download Titanfall and play for free for two days straight. Weíre launching Origin Game Time for Titanfall across the world over the next several hours, so if you donít see it available yet in your territory, you will soon. Origin Game Time games will appear on our Free Games page when theyíre available to download.

Havenít felt the thrill of dropping an 18-foot tall metallic beast on your opponent? What about the rush of leaping from wall to wall through the war-torn alleyways of a devastated compound? This is your chance to really see for yourself what Titanfall is all about. Play it for yourself. It wonít cost you a thing.

For Titanfall youíre getting 48 full hours of Pilot/Titan action. Itís the entire game. The Origin Game Time clock begins the moment you start the game for the first time, and ticks down in realtime. Whether youíre fighting your friends or taking a break, the Game Time clock will continue to run.

Love the game after playing during Origin Game Time and want to continue? Your Titanfall progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off if you purchase Titanfall.

If you already own Titanfall, this weekend is a great time to get back into the game. Origin Game Time will bring new Pilots into the fight Ė help your teammates or swoop in for some easy points.

Titanfall is only the beginning for Game Time and thereís more on the way. Each Game Time will be unique: different game, different time on the Game Time clock. Weíll keep you posted on Twitter and Facebook (and here!) when your next Origin Game Time game begins.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

14. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:41 Gruntstein

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:21:
Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created?

The viral marketing campaign is over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:25 nin

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:21:
Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created? Anecdotal, yes, but I don't know a single person that is still playing more than a match or two a week.

I loved those!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:21 Primalchrome

Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created? Anecdotal, yes, but I don't know a single person that is still playing more than a match or two a week.  

11. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:18 Primalchrome

Xero wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:18:
Actually they got a great idea. It's something Steam should look into.
Steam has been doing something similar for years. There are Free Weekends for different titles popping up every other week or so. There are also a number of f2p games available on Steam 365 days a year...

10. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:10 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:15:
Yeah but if they open this open to all of the games on origin... Would beat out select free weekends on steam.
They are playing catch up with Steam.
It's okay I guess. I doubt I will buy Titanfall anyways. Not into these twitch shooters anymore.

Yep its pretty much catch up with Steam but that's fine with me, Origin keeps improving. Now if they would do something about the bizarrely designed client.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

9. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:08 nin

Xero wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:41:
Hey look, it's either you lose sales because your game just sucks. Or you lose sales because of piracy. Either way you have a better shot of getting someone to pay for the title if they at least find something good or worth it in the trial that makes them want it.

True.

8. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:41 Xero

Hey look, it's either you lose sales because your game just sucks. Or you lose sales because of piracy. Either way you have a better shot of getting someone to pay for the title if they at least find something good or worth it in the trial that makes them want it.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

7. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:30 xXBatmanXx

Xero wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:18:
Actually they got a great idea. It's something Steam should look into. The excuse for piracy is that there is no demo or a demo is too limited to see what a gamer is truly buying. With this, it completely shuts down both those notions as they are giving you the entire game free as if you were renting it, for 2 days. Now after those 2 days where you got 48 hours worth of game time in, if you aren't still satisfied, you don't need to buy it or worry about an overcharge fee. It's a great move to be honest and it could cut down on piracy SOMEWHAT.

PSN+ has been doing this for along time - I wonder what their sales from these full trials indicate.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:18 xXBatmanXx

Yeah but if they open this open to all of the games on origin... Would beat out select free weekends on steam.

True, but isn't their fear that a full 2 days with a sub par game with zero word of mouth will get zero sales? Or maybe 1,000 sales is enough for them to pay for the bandwidth? I dunno. I just don't see many sales from this a 6v6 console game on pc seems like a waste....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

5. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:18 Xero

Actually they got a great idea. It's something Steam should look into. The excuse for piracy is that there is no demo or a demo is too limited to see what a gamer is truly buying. With this, it completely shuts down both those notions as they are giving you the entire game free as if you were renting it, for 2 days. Now after those 2 days where you got 48 hours worth of game time in, if you aren't still satisfied, you don't need to buy it or worry about an overcharge fee. It's a great move to be honest and it could cut down on piracy SOMEWHAT.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

4. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:17 SpectralMeat

They are playing catch up with Steam.
It's okay I guess. I doubt I will buy Titanfall anyways. Not into these twitch shooters anymore.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:15 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:13 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:11:
How's those sales numbers, EA?

Probably shit considering 2 EA articles in a row - one talking about being abysmal and the other inferring abysmal.

1. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 09:11 nin

How's those sales numbers, EA?

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo