Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Play PC Titanfall for Free

Origin News announces a new program granting gamers free time to play games they haven't purchased. They kick this off with an opportunity to try this out on Titanfall, their recently released mech shooter. Here's how this works:

Itís Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: itís free time with full games. Origin Game Time isnít a demo, itís the full game playable for free for as long as thereís time on your Game Time clock. And weíre kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC.

This weekend youíll be able to download Titanfall and play for free for two days straight. Weíre launching Origin Game Time for Titanfall across the world over the next several hours, so if you donít see it available yet in your territory, you will soon. Origin Game Time games will appear on our Free Games page when theyíre available to download.

Havenít felt the thrill of dropping an 18-foot tall metallic beast on your opponent? What about the rush of leaping from wall to wall through the war-torn alleyways of a devastated compound? This is your chance to really see for yourself what Titanfall is all about. Play it for yourself. It wonít cost you a thing.

For Titanfall youíre getting 48 full hours of Pilot/Titan action. Itís the entire game. The Origin Game Time clock begins the moment you start the game for the first time, and ticks down in realtime. Whether youíre fighting your friends or taking a break, the Game Time clock will continue to run.

Love the game after playing during Origin Game Time and want to continue? Your Titanfall progress is saved and you can pick up right where you left off if you purchase Titanfall.

If you already own Titanfall, this weekend is a great time to get back into the game. Origin Game Time will bring new Pilots into the fight Ė help your teammates or swoop in for some easy points.

Titanfall is only the beginning for Game Time and thereís more on the way. Each Game Time will be unique: different game, different time on the Game Time clock. Weíll keep you posted on Twitter and Facebook (and here!) when your next Origin Game Time game begins.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

34. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 15:25 Acleacius

jdreyer wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 13:18:
Acleacius wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 12:25:
All you have to do is install, origin!

No thanks,

I suppose you don't have Steam installed either then.

I do, was being snarky, cause this ain't no Shogo!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 14:21 peteham

Had plenty of fun with Titanfall when it first launched. With the exception of some VERY minor dabbling with Halo on 360, it's the only online FPS I've played since Quake 3 Arena and Enemy Territory, really.

A major gripe I have with these new games, is matchmaking causing a complete lack of community. Back in the day with dedicated servers, even though they'd be empty half the day, you'd eventually get to know the people you played with. In a game like Titanfall, while finding full games is as easy as pressing the PLAY button, there's just an endless stream of random faces to play, which gets boring for me fast. I suppose if you get really into it you could join the competition scene (which I assume exists in some form) but I was never *that* into it.

32. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 13:36 PropheT

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:04:
Yeah, I would have jumped the fuck all over this if there was SP and more (not partial) bot support.

I picked it up a week or so ago when they had the sale, and was surprised that I like it as much as I do... but I haven't been able to complete the campaign because of lack of players, and the other night it took me 10-15 minutes to finally get into a game before I could play because there wasn't enough people playing.

It's a great game, but without an offline mode/bots it's almost impossible to recommend since even this close to release there's not enough players to make it possible to play the way you'd want to. Maybe this free thing will fix that, but I doubt it since the game is a completely insane 50gb download.

31. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 13:25 MajorD

One of my friends pre-ordered this game and asked if I was going to, but I reminded him I don't pre-order games anymore. So, when I was visiting him recently, he spent about a half hour or so showing me the game (menus, set-ups, UI, gameplay, mechanics,etc.), almost trying to convince me to buy it too. It looked okay, but watching him play pretty much confirmed my original take on the game as being no more than just another CoD game with parkour and mechs thrown in, and becoming mundane very quickly.

It is admirable that Respawn Entertainment 'tried' to come up with something new and fresh, but in the end it is nothing more than a standard overused formula (CoD) with a few extra ingredients thrown in (mechs and parkour), and called 'new'. IMHO I think it was overhyped, and I'm not really missing all that much by passing on it. /shrug

30. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 13:18 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 12:25:

No thanks,

I suppose you don't have Steam installed either then.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

29. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 13:17 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:04:
Darks wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:03:
Marketing ploy to get people to buy the game because itís failing. This is what happens to games that lack Story and a SP game to boot.

I love mech games in general, but this will not get me to try or buy this game at all.

Yeah, I would have jumped the fuck all over this if there was SP and more (not partial) bot support.

Yup, still fire up BF2 and UT for either SP vs. bots or coop with my brother or nephew vs. bots.

28. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 13:15 jdreyer

Jivaro wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:48:
If this game had a true single player component, even one of those COD 4-6 hour things, I might give it a look on PC.

Yeah, basically how I feel. Even if it had a bot mode, a la UT.

27. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 13:01 jdreyer

Well, I'm not a huge multiplayer gamer, but I did think this looked cool, just not cool enough to plunk down $60 sight-unplayed. So I think I'll LOAD the game for FREE, and FREELOAD play this weekend so I can make an assessment as a potential FREELOADER customer. Because FREELOADING trying out a game so I can decide if I want to buy it is something I generally need to do if I'm going to spend more than $5 on a game. Just sayin'

(The term "FREELOADER" and it's derivatives are not meant to refer to any story other than the one presented in this thread and any application to actual people living or dead is strictly coincidental.)

26. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 12:38 Cutter

It's still a demo.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

25. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 12:25 Acleacius

No thanks,

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

24. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:38 HorrorScope

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 09:18:
True, but isn't their fear that a full 2 days with a sub par game with zero word of mouth will get zero sales? Or maybe 1,000 sales is enough for them to pay for the bandwidth? I dunno. I just don't see many sales from this a 6v6 console game on pc seems like a waste....

2 full days are nice, but I could live with a lot less than that in most games for a preview.

23. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:32 Jivaro

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:16:
It would be much nicer if they would do the Sony Playstation Plus version of game trials and let you play for a few hours whenever you want to play and the few hours were actual gameplay hours.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. Particularly given the size of some of the downloads these days.

22. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:17 Jamil20

The game has lazy written all over it. I think they spent all their money on marketing. If the game is any good, it will sell itself.

My price point is $20 for what's offered. I still haven't seen that.

21. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:16 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:13:
EA's reasoning aside, it's cool to be able to try out games for free, and I applaud the initiative.

Of course, with only 48 hours of it being free, I couldn't even get it downloaded in time on account of the insane size of their sound files.
It would be much nicer if they would do the Sony Playstation Plus version of game trials and let you play for a few hours whenever you want to play and the few hours were actual gameplay hours.

Steam: SpectralMeat

20. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:13 Creston

EA's reasoning aside, it's cool to be able to try out games for free, and I applaud the initiative.

Of course, with only 48 hours of it being free, I couldn't even get it downloaded in time on account of the insane size of their sound files.

19. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:04 nin

Darks wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 11:03:
Marketing ploy to get people to buy the game because itís failing. This is what happens to games that lack Story and a SP game to boot.

I love mech games in general, but this will not get me to try or buy this game at all.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 11:03 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

17. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:59 Verno

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:21:
Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created? Anecdotal, yes, but I don't know a single person that is still playing more than a match or two a week.

A month is pretty good for $50-60 IMO. I know several posters who enjoyed it and moved on until they add more later. As long people got their moneys worth then who cares how long its played? I don't want to play games in perpetuity either, it encourages lazy and repetitive design.

It wasn't my cup of tea but I think it was a solid enough first entry in a franchise that just needs more fleshing out.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

16. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:48 Jivaro

If this game had a true single player component, even one of those COD 4-6 hour things, I might give it a look on PC.  

15. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 10:47 Panickd

Primalchrome wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 10:21:
Whatever happened to all the posts proclaiming TitanFall as the greatest FPS ever created? Anecdotal, yes, but I don't know a single person that is still playing more than a match or two a week.

It's fun until you master all the game mechanics. Once you do you begin to see how thin the game really is and it gets old fast. Titanfall is the start of a good idea that was released as-is. I expect it to be one of those yearly or biennial releases that just adds to the core concept as the years wear on.

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo