Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale

The eagerly awaited annual Steam Summer Sale has begun, along with the related Steam Summer Adventure promotion. Here's word from Steam News:

The Steam Summer Sale is here! For the next ten days, take advantage of huge savings throughout our store on thousands of games. Check back often to see our eight-hour Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Flash Sales.

More than a hundred products will be featured as Daily Deals throughout the sale, with new deals popping up every 24 hours.

Today's Daily Deals include:

- Day Z 15% off
- Democracy 3 66% off
- Divinity: Original Sin 20% off
- Dead Rising 3 Prepurchase 25% off
- Far Cry 3 75% off
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 80% off
- The Witcher 2 80% off
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown 67% off
- Don't Starve 75% off

In addition to the sale is the bonus Steam Summer Adventure. Collect, trade, and craft 10 Summer Adventure cards that can only be earned during the sale. Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale. At the end of each day, the team with the most points wins.

30 randomly selected members of the winning team who contributed points by crafting badges that day will win 3 games off their Wishlist. Players are randomly assigned to one of five teams and through crafting can earn tokens which grant bonus points, steal points from other teams, or switch the player to a different team. All the details on how to participate in the Summer Adventure can be found here.

The Steam Summer Sale will run from now until 10AM PDT, June 30th. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community's Choice and more can be found here..

View
77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

17. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:26 Jivaro

PropheT wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:23:
Now they're rocking sales for games that aren't even out yet. Not that I'm complaining, but... seems weird.

I think they kind of have to....they have been doing this so long the long time users have probably already bought all the old stuff..lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:24 Bundy

PropheT wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:23:
Now they're rocking sales for games that aren't even out yet. Not that I'm complaining, but... seems weird.

I noticed that too, of course, it's not a new game in itself, just new on PC. I doubt we'll see a "AAA coming to the same time as console" game pop up though. Although if that does happen. Lord help me.

15. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:23 PropheT

14. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:20 Pigeon

Well I finally managed to work through my back log of games from previous summer sales. Time to fill it back up again  

13. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:18 Xero

Bundy wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:03:
Crap, there goes my money for summer.

At least, I already own most of these. So day one is over. Whew!

lol, my thoughts as well. I own a few of those and the others don't intrigue me. I've made it successfully thru day 1 without spending a penny. I can breathe.

Currently playing: Skyrim

12. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:17 Slashman

Evilness attempting to take over my wallet. Cry  

11. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:14 Techie714

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:52:
For some reason, steam will not let me log into a browser window here at work. Yet I can download the client and log in fine...

Brilliant!

Same issue

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

10. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:12 Xero

LET THE SUMMAH SALES BEGIN!  

Currently playing: Skyrim

9. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:08 Orogogus

Darks wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:05:
The voting system is all fucked up. No matter what you do it takes you into the screen to buy the fricking game with out you voting for a game. Dumb ass Valve WTF!!. the older way was much better.

It's a group vote. You're voting for that whole set. If you go back and look and it says YOUR VOTE then you're done.

8. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:06 SpectralMeat

X3 is on sale, wonder if I should grab it now.
Also The Bureau for $4 is not bad, I should probably pick it up.

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:05 Darks

The voting system is all fucked up. No matter what you do it takes you into the screen to buy the fricking game with out you voting for a game. Dumb ass Valve WTF!!. the older way was much better.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

6. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:03 Bundy

Crap, there goes my money for summer.

At least, I already own most of these. So day one is over. Whew!

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 14:22.

5. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 13:59 The Half Elf

GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY WALLET!

GAH!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 13:52 nin

For some reason, steam will not let me log into a browser window here at work. Yet I can download the client and log in fine...

Brilliant!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 13:40 Verno

Far Cry 3 is a pretty good romp for $7.50 though I think I've seen it for a fiver somewhere before.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

2. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 13:34 Axis

If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 13:32 Rattlehead

Holy fuck at those sales and holy fuck at the Dead Rising 3 preorder  

77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo