Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale

The eagerly awaited annual Steam Summer Sale has begun, along with the related Steam Summer Adventure promotion. Here's word from Steam News:

The Steam Summer Sale is here! For the next ten days, take advantage of huge savings throughout our store on thousands of games. Check back often to see our eight-hour Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Flash Sales.

More than a hundred products will be featured as Daily Deals throughout the sale, with new deals popping up every 24 hours.

Today's Daily Deals include:

- Day Z 15% off
- Democracy 3 66% off
- Divinity: Original Sin 20% off
- Dead Rising 3 Prepurchase 25% off
- Far Cry 3 75% off
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 80% off
- The Witcher 2 80% off
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown 67% off
- Don't Starve 75% off

In addition to the sale is the bonus Steam Summer Adventure. Collect, trade, and craft 10 Summer Adventure cards that can only be earned during the sale. Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale. At the end of each day, the team with the most points wins.

30 randomly selected members of the winning team who contributed points by crafting badges that day will win 3 games off their Wishlist. Players are randomly assigned to one of five teams and through crafting can earn tokens which grant bonus points, steal points from other teams, or switch the player to a different team. All the details on how to participate in the Summer Adventure can be found here.

The Steam Summer Sale will run from now until 10AM PDT, June 30th. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community's Choice and more can be found here..

View
77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

37. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:23 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:06:
X3 is on sale, wonder if I should grab it now.
Also The Bureau for $4 is not bad, I should probably pick it up.

That seems like a pretty great price. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:22 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:00:
Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale.

Oh Gosh, the excitement!!! (Seriously, why do people bother with this?)

It's a little bit of side fun to the sale, more often than not the bulk of stuff comes from just buying from the sales to achieve whatever it is they run. For example, for every $10 spent, you get a card...how many people will spend more than that during the event?

35. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:17 PropheT

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:00:

The badges let you get in-game items for Warframe during the last sale, so they were at least sort of interesting for that. In general, though, I have no idea.

34. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:16 J

Bundy wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:40:
I had to rage quit XCOM a while back. My soldier was 1 tile away from an alien. He stood up, fired 3 rounds from his assault rifle, point blank. Missed. Alien counters, shoots my soldier, who panics, pulls out his pistol, fires across the map and hits my sniper who was in cover, probably 70 feet away. Gets him right between the eyes. Dead.

That's XCOM! (It had to be said)

33. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:04 Creston

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:34:
I'm tempted to pick up XCOM:EW, but only if the game has XCOM been fixed. I haven't noticed any patches since I bought it, except the patch that added support for EW. I quit playing the game because it got too buggy. I was pretty far into the game, then all of the sudden the hit percentage indicators stopped working. No matter what the situation, the hit percentage only showed 1% or 99%.

I had to rage quit XCOM a while back. My soldier was 1 tile away from an alien. He stood up, fired 3 rounds from his assault rifle, point blank. Missed. Alien counters, shoots my soldier, who panics, pulls out his pistol, fires across the map and hits my sniper who was in cover, probably 70 feet away. Gets him right between the eyes. Dead.

It happens. It's the stupidity of a RNG.

As for bugs, I never encountered any in my three playthroughs of Enemy Within. They fixed the teleporting bug, finally, which was really my big cause of anger in the original. EW is brilliant. If you loved EU, EW is like EU but bigger, crazier, badder, better and zanier.

32. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:00 Creston

They should just call this the "You Didn't Need All That Money Anyway, Right?" event.

Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale.

31. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:00 jimnms

Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:01:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:00:
Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:34:
If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.

Has that come out yet? I thought it was still in development.

It's early access still. I'm waiting til it comes out, I swore off all early access and Kickstarter stuff no matter the pedigree of the devs. Hopefully it'll be great as expected but I don't mind waiting and paying an extra little bit of money.

The release date is still set for June 30, 11 days from now. If you're planning to get it at release, might as well grab it now and take advantage of the discount.

MeanJim on Steam

30. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:00 PropheT

It's early access still. I'm waiting til it comes out, I swore off all early access and Kickstarter stuff no matter the pedigree of the devs. Hopefully it'll be great as expected but I don't mind waiting and paying an extra little bit of money.

Go ahead and grab it, this was from the email they sent to backers today:

Hello everybody!

Extremely busy times here at Larian as we're getting ready for release on June 30th so we'll keep it short.

It's worth saving a few dollars now even if you're waiting for release since the release date is the last day of the sale anyway.

29. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 15:52 jdreyer

If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.

Or a little less money, as the case may be.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

28. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 15:01 Mr. Tact

Don't know jack about it, but watching their videos didn't impress me enough to spend $32 on it. Maybe at $20, probably at $10.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

27. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 15:01 jdreyer

Xero wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:12:
LET THE SUMMAH SALES BEGIN!

Gog's began a week ago. I've already blown $30.

26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 15:01 Verno

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

25. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 15:00 jdreyer

24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:59 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:52:
For some reason, steam will not let me log into a browser window here at work. Yet I can download the client and log in fine...

Brilliant!

Same problem here. Glad/sad to know it isn't just me.

23. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:59 Verno

I'm tempted to pick up XCOM:EW, but only if the game has XCOM been fixed. I haven't noticed any patches since I bought it, except the patch that added support for EW. I quit playing the game because it got too buggy. I was pretty far into the game, then all of the sudden the hit percentage indicators stopped working. No matter what the situation, the hit percentage only showed 1% or 99%.

XCOM can be really frustrating but its also super rewarding when you pull off some insane stuff with squad sight/In the Zone or Double Tap. It's really fun having a game with actual stakes too, I lost several soldiers during my games and it was like a gut punch. Also made the eventual victories that much more satisfying. It's not perfect but man XCOM was great. I think I will load it up later, its been awhile!

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:43 Slashman

I have never had that problem...EVER.

I haven't noticed any bugs in EW. They fixed a lot of stuff with it apparently.

Classic difficulty is now truly hell. Thin men will make you their bitch... Pimp

21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:40 Bundy

20. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:34 jimnms

MeanJim on Steam

19. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:29 SpectralMeat

They have to do something against the increasing business GMG gets on preorders with their coupon promos.
You can pretty much preorder any games (except most EA titles) most of the times with 20-30% coupons

Steam: SpectralMeat

18. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 14:29 Panickd

I thought I heard my wallet screaming in agony this morning. Weird!  

77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo