Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale

The eagerly awaited annual Steam Summer Sale has begun, along with the related Steam Summer Adventure promotion. Here's word from Steam News:

The Steam Summer Sale is here! For the next ten days, take advantage of huge savings throughout our store on thousands of games. Check back often to see our eight-hour Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Flash Sales.

More than a hundred products will be featured as Daily Deals throughout the sale, with new deals popping up every 24 hours.

Today's Daily Deals include:

- Day Z 15% off
- Democracy 3 66% off
- Divinity: Original Sin 20% off
- Dead Rising 3 Prepurchase 25% off
- Far Cry 3 75% off
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 80% off
- The Witcher 2 80% off
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown 67% off
- Don't Starve 75% off

In addition to the sale is the bonus Steam Summer Adventure. Collect, trade, and craft 10 Summer Adventure cards that can only be earned during the sale. Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale. At the end of each day, the team with the most points wins.

30 randomly selected members of the winning team who contributed points by crafting badges that day will win 3 games off their Wishlist. Players are randomly assigned to one of five teams and through crafting can earn tokens which grant bonus points, steal points from other teams, or switch the player to a different team. All the details on how to participate in the Summer Adventure can be found here.

The Steam Summer Sale will run from now until 10AM PDT, June 30th. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community's Choice and more can be found here..

View
77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

57. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 20:49 HorrorScope

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:45:
The community is overwhelmingly positive, just read the forums -- It's worth a check if you like RPGs.

Yeah it was good times Axis. The global chat is a home run, it's a mmo'ish feature sitting in a Single Player/Coop game. To me it would be a cool feature for practically any Single Player game. You can ask questions with others playing for immediate feedback, adds another layer of interaction to a game.

As for the game, it's right there with the other Iso's CRPG's coming, but this will have full coop and editor, which really makes it a step above the one's still yet to be released. Possibly the closest attempt to NWN's in general scope. There are many things in D:OS that are superior to NWN's. The persistent user run servers could be the only thing NWN has over this, I know many loved that part, I rarely used them.

It's going right to the wire development, it could be one of those games to wait about a month, get a few post release patches out if you have or want a super polished experience.

Playing around with Lords of Xumila, that one is surprising me so far as well. Polished, very interesting takes on how they do their Turnbase combat, slick update UI for a TB game, not shabby at all. Single Player ISO CRPG with a old-school M&M view during combat.
This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 20:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 19:56 Numinar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 18:07:
Do not buy Dead Rising 3. It is capped at 30fps on PC.

Boo hoo if that's a dealbreaker for you...

Many reasons not to buy a game, but FPS lock? A solid 30 is more than fine for most things unless you have a 400 dollar video card to justify.

Except for racing games, fuck that shit. What are they thinking.

55. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 19:46 LurkerLito

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:37:
They said that the Steam version will not use DRM, so once you download it, you can copy it to any other computer of yours and run it without Steam.
Hmm you sure about that? I am pretty sure Steam made steam DRM a requirement for any new games on the service after a few years back. Some games like skyrim IIRC, got by this by making only the launcher use the steam DRM, but you could launch the main exe and it bypassed steam, but in later update Steam made it mandatory on everything and they had no choice but to lock up all the exes. MP doesn't really matter to me but the steam workshop might be one of those features I'd want to use. While I don't mind steam, if given a choice it's always DRM-Free for me, so either way I am buying the GoG version.

54. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:32 Axis

I didn't want to watch the Divinity stream, but man am I glad I did - that editor holy shit -- looks way better than I'd hoped!!

Looks like it's going to blow NWN's editor out of the water...

Yours truly,

Axis

53. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:24 Saboth

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:34:
If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.

The only thing that was holding me back was fear it would go on sale before released. Now, here is the sale, so...buying!

52. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:18 Creston

XCOM The Bureau is pretty fun. Combat is cool, even if the animations are a bit stiff and the controls are kinda clunky. (obviously made for a gamepad).

Looks nice, good voice acting, excellent feel of the 60s, and the first mission alone took me almost an hour to get through.

Definitely worth the $4 it's currently selling for. (note: I've only played the first mission. According to reviews, it never gets much better than this, and gets just more fragmented and even boring as it goes on.)

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2014, 18:29.

51. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:07 theyarecomingforyou

Do not buy Dead Rising 3. It is capped at 30fps on PC.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

50. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 18:03 jimnms

Quinn wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:05:
You are convincing me to buy the game friday, tomorrow. But one honest answer: How does the singleplayer campaign play? Is it immersive and does it really involve the player or are you just running around killing things and looting?

The single player and multi-player are the same. In SP, you control both characters, even in dual dialogs if you chose. They added an option to turn on AI for the second character which you can chose different personalities for, but right now the only personality is random. You can be playing SP and invite a friend to join in to take over the second character at any time.

I've played almost 30 hours so far, most of that in the Alpha, and I've only explored the starting town and a little bit outside it. There is a lot to do besides run around and kill things, and there are multiple ways to solve quests and problem. They say the game will be about 50 hours, but I think it's going to be a 100+ hour game for me. They had a live stream the other day showing off the new build and talking about what's coming for the full release and the editor.

http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios/b/539683895

Steam Profile

49. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:51 Axis

The campaign in Divinity's early access is about 20% of the game (at least it was a couple months ago, the game might be even bigger by now), and I shit you not you can spend a game's-worth of hours just playing around with characters till you find a combo you like the most.

The campaign can be played however you like, and it's heavily story based. Initially I paid attention to all the conversations (heck you can even disagree and argue with your own party memebers, who then get different character bonus's based on how *you* think they would respond).

After a few play-throughs I just tried to be as creative as possible with the engine, training the city with orcs, surrounding npc's with flammables, reloading loots, poisoning the locals, burning down locked doors, all kinds of stuff you can do. I cannot WAIT for the mod editor - that will just put the game into epic status.

Hell, me and Horrorscope were talking the other night, I recognized his name and we're all in global chat - how's that for cool... You'll love it man I'm tellin ya.

Yours truly,

Axis

48. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:45 Fion

Hey folks it's a great time to sell those pages of (mostly) useless cards you have. Regular cards are selling for 10-20c atm, foils for twice that. Just sold off 4 pages of cards and made a nice $7.75. Thats a free game or two  

47. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:43 dj LiTh

Just picked up Divinity, had about 9.50 in my steam wallet from selling dota2 items and random game cards, so 22$ and change, not too bad. Now if only Walking Dead S2 will go on sale, then i can be done.  

46. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:37 jimnms

LurkerLito wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:04:
Divinity looks good, but I am waiting for it on GoG. I hope GoG does a release day 20% off and I'll definitely grab it, or I'll wait for a 50% off later :).

They said that the Steam version will not use DRM, so once you download it, you can copy it to any other computer of yours and run it without Steam. I get a copy from Kickstarter and they give you the option to get a Steam key, GOG key or DRM free download from the Larian Vault. I was torn between DRM free from GOG or Larian Vault and Steam, but I decided to go with a Steam key because it does have Steamworks integration for MP and Steam workshop integration for mods.

Steam Profile

45. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:34 Sgt. Rock

Also don't forget to pick up Witcher 1 and/or 2 to get more discount on your Witcher 3 pre-order(Normally I don't pre-order, but CDPR is amazing). You can redeem your steam keys over at gog.com

I already had Witcher 2. Bought Witcher 1 for 1,59 which gave me another 3,00 discount

44. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:23 ASeven

My wallet, it be bleedin'...  

43. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:12 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:04:

As for bugs, I never encountered any in my three playthroughs of Enemy Within. They fixed the teleporting bug, finally, which was really my big cause of anger in the original. EW is brilliant. If you loved EU, EW is like EU but bigger, crazier, badder, better and zanier.

Currently playing the original XCom with Open XCom. I hadn't played it in over decade due to all the quirks of the UI and the scaling. This addressses almost everything, and it's a blast. Great game for a laptop, even a cheap one.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

42. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:06 Brataccas

Yea the game will be released on the 30th, editor sometimes afterwards. The game itself is incredibly fun, kind of a mashup between Baldurs Gate and oldschool might and magic games, but with one of the most enjoyable 'environment' engine I've ever played (physics, item interaction/reaction, elements, etc) - lots of freedom & strategy and designed to be completely mod-able. The single player game has an in-game chat system that anyone can participate in, really adds something special and it's being kept in release. Such a minor thing yet adds so much while playing.

I have very little patience for redoing content, but its been a joy every patch (they break the saves) since everything is so varied and done so well - I've done the intro mission/early content about 6 times and I have absolutely no patience for that kinda stuff normally.

The community is overwhelmingly positive, just read the forums -- It's worth a check if you like RPGs.

*sigh* Fiiiiiiine. I was going to put if off for a bit longer, but might as well just pick it up now. Poor, sad little wallet.

41. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:05 Quinn

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:00:
Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:01:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:00:
If you don't already own Divinity: Original Sin, that's an absolute no-brainer purchase - jump on it.

Has that come out yet? I thought it was still in development.

It's early access still. I'm waiting til it comes out, I swore off all early access and Kickstarter stuff no matter the pedigree of the devs. Hopefully it'll be great as expected but I don't mind waiting and paying an extra little bit of money.

The release date is still set for June 30, 11 days from now. If you're planning to get it at release, might as well grab it now and take advantage of the discount.

Yea the game will be released on the 30th, editor sometimes afterwards. The game itself is incredibly fun, kind of a mashup between Baldurs Gate and oldschool might and magic games, but with one of the most enjoyable 'environment' engine I've ever played (physics, item interaction/reaction, elements, etc) - lots of freedom & strategy and designed to be completely mod-able. The single player game has an in-game chat system that anyone can participate in, really adds something special and it's being kept in release. Such a minor thing yet adds so much while playing.

I have very little patience for redoing content, but its been a joy every patch (they break the saves) since everything is so varied and done so well - I've done the intro mission/early content about 6 times and I have absolutely no patience for that kinda stuff normally.

You are convincing me to buy the game friday, tomorrow. But one honest answer: How does the singleplayer campaign play? Is it immersive and does it really involve the player or are you just running around killing things and looting?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

40. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 17:04 LurkerLito

Divinity looks good, but I am waiting for it on GoG. I hope GoG does a release day 20% off and I'll definitely grab it, or I'll wait for a 50% off later :).  

39. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:45 Axis

jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:00:
Verno wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:01:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 15:00:

Has that come out yet? I thought it was still in development.

It's early access still. I'm waiting til it comes out, I swore off all early access and Kickstarter stuff no matter the pedigree of the devs. Hopefully it'll be great as expected but I don't mind waiting and paying an extra little bit of money.

The release date is still set for June 30, 11 days from now. If you're planning to get it at release, might as well grab it now and take advantage of the discount.

Yours truly,

Axis

38. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 16:25 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:23:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 14:06:
X3 is on sale, wonder if I should grab it now.
Also The Bureau for $4 is not bad, I should probably pick it up.

That seems like a pretty great price. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Np
It is the cheapest it's ever been according to : http://isthereanydeal.com/

Steam: SpectralMeat

77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo