Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Summer Sale

The eagerly awaited annual Steam Summer Sale has begun, along with the related Steam Summer Adventure promotion. Here's word from Steam News:

The Steam Summer Sale is here! For the next ten days, take advantage of huge savings throughout our store on thousands of games. Check back often to see our eight-hour Flash Sales. You can even help select what goes on sale with our Community's Choice Flash Sales.

More than a hundred products will be featured as Daily Deals throughout the sale, with new deals popping up every 24 hours.

Today's Daily Deals include:

- Day Z 15% off
- Democracy 3 66% off
- Divinity: Original Sin 20% off
- Dead Rising 3 Prepurchase 25% off
- Far Cry 3 75% off
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion 80% off
- The Witcher 2 80% off
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown 67% off
- Don't Starve 75% off

In addition to the sale is the bonus Steam Summer Adventure. Collect, trade, and craft 10 Summer Adventure cards that can only be earned during the sale. Players can earn in-game items, community rewards, and points for their team by crafting badges throughout the sale. At the end of each day, the team with the most points wins.

30 randomly selected members of the winning team who contributed points by crafting badges that day will win 3 games off their Wishlist. Players are randomly assigned to one of five teams and through crafting can earn tokens which grant bonus points, steal points from other teams, or switch the player to a different team. All the details on how to participate in the Summer Adventure can be found here.

The Steam Summer Sale will run from now until 10AM PDT, June 30th. Complete information on Daily Deals, Flash Sales, Community's Choice and more can be found here..

View
77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

77. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 23, 2014, 10:30 Axis

Sure man, anytime. Ya the distracting and stealing is a hoot, I can't wait till release!  

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

76. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 22, 2014, 20:09 Quinn

Ah, good to hear that there's at least coming some voice acting! Ad thanks for the other tips!

I also found out some real fun thing today. You can "distract" moving NPCs with one companion by entering a conversation with them, then switch to your thieving character and steal stuff behind their back xP

This game reminds me of the old Divine Divinity allot somehow. I love it alteady even though I'm not committed yet due to the immenent saves removal ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

75. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 22, 2014, 10:22 Axis

Hey Quinn! I can help a bit:

1. The release will have voice acting aka Baldur's Gate style. Not over the top, but enough for people who want or expect it.

2. Other classes can get environmental type weapons too, Ranger being the one who gets the most with all the arrow tips for fire/frost/etc. Some environmental effects aren't immediately obvious like blood for witches. Aside from oil/water/etc barrels and things you'll find peppered in encounters, strong melee types can carry them around and throw them into the mox - so while wizard gets the most raw o immediate ones, there's no lack of it through other options.

3. Default clerics are water (Hydro) spells, but you'll want to edit and experiment in the beginning with the skill choices so you can get familiar with the different choices. There's alot of mechanics and I agree there's a lot that could be explained better, Ive gotten by with trial error and the global chat.

4. Not sure. Was he -10 before hand? I haven't paid much attention to the attitudes in the past (unless I got someone mad to the point of attacking), so I can't help much here.

Yours truly,

Axis

74. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 22, 2014, 05:31 Quinn

Quinn wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 17:24:
Sold

Getting it tomorrow morning!

Bought the game, Divinity Original Sin. Great fun and first experience playing as a Fighter and Cleric combo. Not sure if you're still reading this thread, Axis or any other DOS player, but here's a little something I have to say:

1. I feel like a spoiled little brat because I really REALLY miss the voice-acting. I mean, I don't need it Skyrim-style but... really, can't NPCs at least say "Good day!" and enemies scream shit like "They're here! Kill them!" every now and then?;

2. The environmental manipulation -- it's so much fun! BUT... isn't it a dead-give-away that every second companion kinda needs to be a wizard?

3. The game isn't holding my hands, which is fine, but how can I find out what kind of stats my Cleric needs, for example? When I hover over the Int attribute, it tells me it improves your skill with Elemental and [something else] Spells... but what kind of school does the Cleric use? I'd say Light, but that doesn't exist.

4. Why do I get a -10 attitude penalty toward an NPC I succesfully persuaded?

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

73. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 21, 2014, 23:13 Ant

fiftykyu wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 17:27:
Trying not to think about how many foolish purchases I've made so far. Wow, look at the great deal on something I'll never play...

Didn't get any of the big stuff, but a ridiculous number of cheap games found their way into my steam library. Somehow was able to avoid buying all of them, but it wasn't easy...

Good luck to everyone else!
That is why I stopped buying games. I still need to resume and finish my old bought games (Crysis 1, C&C3:KW, World in Conflict, Oblivion, etc.). Even the free ones (Skyrim, Borderland, etc.) I got recently.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

72. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 17:27 fiftykyu

Trying not to think about how many foolish purchases I've made so far. Wow, look at the great deal on something I'll never play...

Didn't get any of the big stuff, but a ridiculous number of cheap games found their way into my steam library. Somehow was able to avoid buying all of them, but it wasn't easy...

Good luck to everyone else!

71. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 17:24 Quinn

Sold

Getting it tomorrow morning!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

70. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 16:58 Axis

It's pretty much been solid polished for quite some time now, they just keep tweaking but it's been one of the best beta/EA experiences I've had -- from solid game-play, lots of meaningful patches / dev interaction, and a great community.

Hop on, try some vanilla 'classes', kill some stuff/play with the engine, go back and design your own classes, kill some more stuff, do even crazier engine stuff, all the while chattin with people and getting questions answered - easily will keep you going till release.

Yours truly,

Axis

69. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 16:24 Quinn

Alright! Hmmz something keeps me from buying because it's still "early access". Does it still feel beta, or does it actually feel finished now that it's 10 days prior release?

Watch Dogs starts to bore me so I started on Sniper Elite V2 but I really ache for a new, great (A)RPG so much 10 days feels like forever.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

68. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 13:34 Axis

Ya the saves reset every patch. Didn't bother me since I've spent the majority of the time experimenting with builds and it's been early access.

Course there's been a few saves I certainly wouldn't want to have continued anyway, kinda hard when you attempt to rob and kill every npc...!

Yours truly,

Axis

67. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 13:28 Quinn

Wanted to buy Divinity today but then I realized the saves will probably go when the full game is released, right? Blegh, probably wait for official release!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

66. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 07:26 Redmask

I see no reason to preorder something, whether its a kickstarter darling or a publisher backed title. I'm sure Divinity will be just as good when I look at it during the next Steam sale.

Same here Batman, nothing spent at Steam this year, most of my money is on GOG.

65. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 05:17 xXBatmanXx

Spent some money over at GoG, have spent nothing at Steam. I just don't have the need anymore.....the back log is so ridiculous...I can't even keep up with current games.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

64. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 04:50 Quinn

Numinar wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 19:56:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 18:07:
Do not buy Dead Rising 3. It is capped at 30fps on PC.

Boo hoo if that's a dealbreaker for you...

Many reasons not to buy a game, but FPS lock? A solid 30 is more than fine for most things unless you have a 400 dollar video card to justify.

Except for racing games, fuck that shit. What are they thinking.

Who called in this airstrike o' bullshit? Damn, boy! Hahaha_no

Oh wait, you're being sarcastic! Yeah, that has to be it. It would be the simplest explanation and lucky for you I'm all for Occam's Razor. Golfclap

jimnms and Axis,
Thanks for the info about the SP campaign! I'm pretty sure I'll buy the game today. Shite shite shite the house is a mess and I promised me girl I'd clean it today Raincloud

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

63. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 02:19 saluk

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:51:
The campaign in Divinity's early access is about 20% of the game (at least it was a couple months ago, the game might be even bigger by now), and I shit you not you can spend a game's-worth of hours just playing around with characters till you find a combo you like the most.

The campaign can be played however you like, and it's heavily story based. Initially I paid attention to all the conversations (heck you can even disagree and argue with your own party memebers, who then get different character bonus's based on how *you* think they would respond).

After a few play-throughs I just tried to be as creative as possible with the engine, training the city with orcs, surrounding npc's with flammables, reloading loots, poisoning the locals, burning down locked doors, all kinds of stuff you can do. I cannot WAIT for the mod editor - that will just put the game into epic status.

Hell, me and Horrorscope were talking the other night, I recognized his name and we're all in global chat - how's that for cool... You'll love it man I'm tellin ya.

Sounds really good. Glad Larian is finally meeting the potential they showed back with Divinity 1 (which was a great game in its own right). Still, I think I'll wait for this to come out with all the bells and whistles and maybe go on sale again - just because of backlog issues.

62. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 20, 2014, 00:48 jimnms

LurkerLito wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 19:46:
jimnms wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:37:
They said that the Steam version will not use DRM, so once you download it, you can copy it to any other computer of yours and run it without Steam.
Hmm you sure about that? I am pretty sure Steam made steam DRM a requirement for any new games on the service after a few years back. Some games like skyrim IIRC, got by this by making only the launcher use the steam DRM, but you could launch the main exe and it bypassed steam, but in later update Steam made it mandatory on everything and they had no choice but to lock up all the exes. MP doesn't really matter to me but the steam workshop might be one of those features I'd want to use. While I don't mind steam, if given a choice it's always DRM-Free for me, so either way I am buying the GoG version.

I'm pretty sure Steam hasn't made DRM a requirement, unless they've done it very recently. The PCGaming Wiki's List of DRM Free Games on Steam shows lots of titles less than a year old.

I looked for the post on Larian's forums regarding Steam and DRM, but I can't find it. It might have been in one of the Kickstarter updates though. I posted the question, maybe I'll get an answer soon.

MeanJim on Steam

61. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 22:15 Cutter

Yeah, I have 52 hours on the alpha/beta for DOS and it's effin' sweet! This is Ultima meets Baldur's Gate. Figuring out crafting formulas is fun. Combining spells is a hoot. Cast a rainstorm on the enemies then a lightning strike into the water to electrocute them, or freeze it and watch them fall all over the place. Annnnd an editor is included so people will be making stuff for a long time to come.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

60. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 21:00 LgFriess

Picked up DivinityOS! Happy to see the sale right before release. God I'm going to lose so many hours to this and Pillars of Eternity when that releases this winter.  

59. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 20:58 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 20:53:

Apparently not capped at 30FPS.

Seriously. It's the top fucking story on the page right now...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

58. Re: Steam Summer Sale Jun 19, 2014, 20:53 jdreyer

Apparently not capped at 30FPS.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo