Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?

There's a job opening listed on the Eidos Montreal website for an Online Programmer, a job that will "Work with the design team and wider programming team to implement online game features," though what game this is for is not listed. At least not now, but according to NowGamer this posting originally went up with the heading "Online Programmer on Deus Ex: Universe." Details are still scant on this project, so this is the first indication that the continuation of the cyberpunk RPG series will include multiplayer support, though the use of the word "universe" in the title seems to indicate that as well. The job listing calls for someone to create "a suite of tools for running a live game," who can "work in a multi-platforms development environment," and has "good knowledge of the Xbox live, PSN and Steam API."

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 19, 2014, 14:45 Quinn

Of course it's not going to be an MMOOOOO -- stuff of the herd.

It is, however, going to destroy that lovely illusion that there's only one player/protagonist that saves the day -- and that that's me. :'(

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 19, 2014, 12:21 Creston

I don't think they're saying they're going to turn it into an MMO. I believe from the first announcement they made on this, they're more looking into doing the "companion app" stuff like Ubisoft does with its games now, and to have things from one game tie into another.

The DX Universe refers to the combined group of games that they're planning on releasing (on many different platforms) rather than an MMO.

That's what it looks like to me, anyways.

21. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 17:51 walrus1

Brataccas wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:11:
Please no multiplayer, please no multiplayer, please no multiplayer.

The draw to the franchise has never been and never will be multiplayer. I hope they don't waste time and energy on trying to shoehorn it in.

Agreed! It doesn't need multiplayer! HR sold great without it and I never wished for MP in it.

20. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 17:34 Rhett

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:07:
That's fine as long as it's co-op and not competitive multiplayer (or worse, an MMO). However, I'm struggling to see how it would work well.

Good cop, bad cop maybe? Haha.

Really though, not sure how well this bodes...

19. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 17:30 Quinn

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 16:19:
harlock wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 16:00:
CD projekt Red Cyberpunk will so utterly destroy Deus Ex series... people will be like "Day ooh what?"

I sure hope so, but given how Witcher really has people split into the love it or don't really like it groups I definitely won't be getting my hopes up. Never cared for the Witcher games so we'll see.

So you don't like the Witcher games huh? I'm curious, did you make it past the first few hours of the first game? Because, man.... those suck balls! It takes the first game simply too long to get good -- though it does get good! The second game is awesome in so many ways and looks so good jaws will still drop 2 years from now.

If you didn't make it far into the first game, I highly recommend to give it another shot! After all, TW3 is as good as the most anticipated game atm!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 16:29 saluk

Oh man this brings back so many memories of Deus Ex deathmatch. The powers were a lot of fun, hacking turrets and shooting rockets across the map to find the cloaking people... Blowing off someones legs and watching them hobble around crouched lol. One of the best online games ever in my opinion, though few played it.

Whatever this is I'm sure it's not that haha. A coop mode a la system shock would really rock. As long as they don't take away from the main sp experience, I'm all for it. If it's DX the mmo.... no one wants that.

17. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 16:19 Cutter

harlock wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 16:00:
CD projekt Red Cyberpunk will so utterly destroy Deus Ex series... people will be like "Day ooh what?"

I sure hope so, but given how Witcher really has people split into the love it or don't really like it groups I definitely won't be getting my hopes up. Never cared for the Witcher games so we'll see.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

16. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 16:00 harlock

15. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 15:55 NegaDeath

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 14:31:
Featuring a new co-op concept where each player controls a limb on Adam Jensen to go find more gold screen filters scattered across the world.

Would it play like that Artemis Bridge Simulator? Can I play the part of the flip-out sunglasses?

14. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 14:31 Wallshadows

Featuring a new co-op concept where each player controls a limb on Adam Jensen to go find more gold screen filters scattered across the world.  

13. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 14:14 Verno

No.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

12. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 13:54 Drayth

Eidos is proud to announce that over 4 million subscribers are now uncovering, investigating, unraveling and sharing with their friends the absolute darkest kept secrets of the world's most shadowy conspiracies!

11. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 12:47 Task

Jivaro wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 12:09:
I didn't ask for this.

Most appropriate response ever for this situation.

I DO NOT want Deus Ex to become an MMO F2P garbage. Only Adam Jensen and JC Denton get to solve state conspiracies, not 1,000 other Joe schmoes filling up my game.

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

10. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 12:38 NegaDeath

If they do like Bioware did and take a beloved single player property due for a new installment and make it an MMO I'm going to be a sad panda.  

9. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 12:09 Jivaro

I didn't ask for this.  

8. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:46 Quinn

Why? Why make a game that's built on it's SINGLEPLAYER success go multiplayer?

Get the fuck out of my game, player. Nobody else plays this. I AM the protagonist! I save the world! This is MY GODDAMN WORLD! ARRRRGGHHH :@

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

7. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:44 Parias

Co-op would be freaking awesome with the diverse set of skills / talents these games usually have - having a couple of players working together, complementing each other's abilities would be awesome. I've always wanted co-op out of the Deus Ex games.

But that's assuming this is something they'd go for.

6. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:34 Icewind

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:16:
Multiplayer? Why? To what end? DXHR already dumbed down the game enough with its linear paths and approaches to the game. While DXHR wasn't bad, it really didn't imppress me either. And after the debacle that was Thief I won't be touching this for a long time, if ever.

My thoughts exactly.

Problem is, they have to make the game palatable to the young pups out there that won't play a game that doesn't have multiplayer.

5. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:16 Cutter

Multiplayer? Why? To what end? DXHR already dumbed down the game enough with its linear paths and approaches to the game. While DXHR wasn't bad, it really didn't imppress me either. And after the debacle that was Thief I won't be touching this for a long time, if ever.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 11:12 EricFate

Oh good. Another MMO that nobody is asking for. The only question is, will it fold quicker than Matrix Online, or will they drag it out as a free download with micro-transactions?  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo