Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access

The Battlefield Blog announces EA DICE is now offering instant access to the PC beta testing of Battlefield Hardline, the upcoming police-themed installment in the Battlefield series of first-person shooters. The last time they offered instant access to the beta, it was not really instant, but hopefully they are prepared for what they are promising this time. Here's word on how this works, and the rewards it carries:

Rack your 9mm and take to the streets – PC players now have instant access to the Battlefield Hardline Beta.

Cruise over to battlefield.com/beta, sign up to gain instant access and nab your beta perks.

Battlefield Hardline Beta Rewards

Just for signing up you’ll receive:

- Instant Access into the Battlefield Hardline beta for PC (when selecting PC as your platform)
- Weapon camo/skin in Battlefield Hardline
- Weapon sight in Battlefield Hardline
- Additional Battlefield Hardline content
- Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4

Note: The Battlefield Hardline gear will be available when the game releases on October 21, 2014. The Battlefield 4 unique dog tag will be available in the game next month.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 16:00 jimnms

I managed to get a Beta invite a week ago, but all I've had the time to do is get on an empty server to setup my controls and run around a bit. I was going to play over the weekend, but something came up.  

MeanJim on Steam
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 15:42 harlock

8+ giant maps and 15 hour SP campaign isnt a DLC mod.. it might have been a legit "expansion" back in 1998 or something - but its not 1998 anymore

personally the musical chairs base camping of BF is intensely boring to me.. this one is more objective based, and its interesting in that there are multiple steps to them as well

plus the cars are more fun, and theres no tanks or jets rolling around one-shotting everyone in sight.. which is another huge bonus point

its a weird situation, the game doesnt feel much like BF - but it uses all the series assets and codebase, which I suppose is why they had to use the BF name - overall i think they should have renamed it altogether and taken the flak on that side, because people will complain about it no matter what

30. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 15:07 DangerDog

JaguarUSF wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:58:
I can't believe they are charging $60 for it.

Actually, I can believe they are. I wish people wouldn't buy it.

I imagine it will be $40 by the time Black Friday sales rolls around, or maybe less and I agree the price seems too high for a Battlefield Mod/Half-Conversion. But it's only one map and two game modes in the beta, of course they still have plenty of BF4/BF3 assets in it - maybe that will change, maybe it wont.

Despite all the hate I think it's pretty fun, I've always thought a cops vs robbers theme would work well for a Battlefield game. I'm a little tired of the strictly war based Battlefield games, people would moan if it were just another WWII/Vietnam/Modern Warfare game anyway.

As a DLC add-on for BF4 it would be limited to just three or four maps, just like the Vietnam DLC for Bad Company 2 - it just wasn't enough content and I would have rather they put out a full game even if it would have been multiplayer only.

The main thing they're selling with the Battlefield name is the familiar core gameplay mechanics, the way squads work, player spawning systems and the arcade like gameplay. Calling it something completely different would have just made people more looney with their accusations of ripping off Battlefield.

Task wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 14:13:
When does the BF2143 beta start. Then we'll have something maybe worth it.

I somehow doubt that'll happen because Star Wars.

29. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 14:41 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:13:
When is the beta end?

June 24th

28. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 14:21 nin

edit:
deqer wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 14:19:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 18, 2014, 14:40.

YES!

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2014, 14:49.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

27. removed Jun 18, 2014, 14:19 deqer

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 18, 2014, 14:40.

26. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 14:15 NegaDeath

Task wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 14:13:

It comes out after Battlefield 4.5, Battlefield 5 and Battlefield Zombies. So about a year I'd guess.

25. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 14:13 Task

24. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 13:23 Rattlehead

I'm not even going to bother, and I am a huge Battlefield fan. This game just reeks of DLC at full price. Not going to support the franchise anymore, as they are just gonna release another one a year later.  

23. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 13:05 Quboid

ASeven wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:34:
Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:18:
I didn't really enjoy this, spent a few hours with it on the weekend. I like BF games in general but this feels like a weird mishmash of BF mechanics with other subgenres and sits in a strange spot as a result.

Would this be the best way to describe what you feel?

If they managed that, I'd buy it.

They won't manage it. I won't buy it. Battlefield is well and truly EAised.

- Quboid

22. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 13:04 harlock

Straylight wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 13:00:
Not really impressed with the beta, especially because it has all the 'netcode hallmarks' of the BF games; Getting shot around corners, etc.

definitely the worst feature of BF series.. so annoying

21. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 13:00 Straylight

Not really impressed with the beta, especially because it has all the 'netcode hallmarks' of the BF games; Getting shot around corners, etc. It was fun for a few hours but not really worth $15 let alone $60. This will be a full game? not really much variety.  

20. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 12:20 MajorD

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 09:13:
When is the beta end?
It ends about 9 months after release - HEYOOOOO!

LMAO! This was one of the funniest posts I've read in a while, probably because it is so spot on! Well played!

19. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 12:19 Gib007

Tried it. Sucks. I'm out.  

18. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 12:13 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 11:34:
I didn't really enjoy this, spent a few hours with it on the weekend. I like BF games in general but this feels like a weird mishmash of BF mechanics with other subgenres and sits in a strange spot as a result.

It really takes no time at all for people to come up with those memes these days
Sums it up pretty nicely too.
Wish these big corporation like EA and Activision would look at those as feedback and not trolling.
Unfortunately they will all just take the positive feedback and ignore all the negativity. Should be the other way around.

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 11:47 Bludd

It's okay, but the picking up money mechanism in Blood Money is flawed. Dropped money is picked up too fast.  

16. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 11:43 OldDirtyEwok

I`ve played for a few days and i think its a lot of fun but it does feel more like a mod/expansion than a full release. I guess we`ll have to see the amount of content they provide for 60$.  

15. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 11:34 ASeven

14. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 11:18 Cutter

Stop giving them money, you assholes!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

13. Re: Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access Jun 18, 2014, 10:58 JaguarUSF

I can't believe they are charging $60 for it.

Actually, I can believe they are. I wish people wouldn't buy it.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo