Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Friday the 13th! Here's hoping the day brings you luck. I've confessed in the past to being vaguely superstitious, though this doesn't really manifest itself as triskaidekaphobia, so this doesn't bother me... But I do wonder if this is a freak-out for any of the many E3 attendees who are heading home today, as I would think someone who doesn't like Friday the 13th would not appreciate flying for the occasion.

Lucky Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Super Battle City.
Bigfoot Truck Challenge.
Duck Tub Battle.
Stories: Man buys penis enlarger, gets magnifying glass instead. Thanks Reddit.
"Grumpy Cat" Gets A Lifetime Xmas TV Movie.
Harrison Ford Injured by Millennium Falcon, Airlifted to Hospital. Thanks nin.
Science: 'Cruise Ship Virus' Sickens 20 Million Americans on Land Each Year.
Media: Reality-Based Mortal Kombat Fatality.
More Office Workers Switching To Fetal Position Desks. Thanks nin.
Follow-up: Lars Ulrich Accepts Will Ferrell and Chad Smith's Drum-Off Challenge. Thanks nin.
The Funnies: Friday the 13th- Part XVI Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Brevity.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 11:55 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 18:49:
nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:28:
panbient wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:19:
Gotta say I'm liking the charity drum-offs a lot more than I should. And while I realize it's for charity, my money is on Smith to kill it and play circles around Ulrich.

Now Jimmy Chamberlin vs. Chad Smith on the other hand would be something epic.

Drum-offs are cool and everything, but Lars Ulrich is the biggest douchebag to ever grace the kit. A thousand charity drum-offs wont change this.

Like panbient said, I appreciate it's for a charity. If it was just them goofing around, I'd eventually lose interest. But for charity is nice, and I hope it goes well...

Was hoping Will might eventually branch out into golf/tennis/cook offs, etc...

Travis Barker would make them look stupid....

Yeah, but you can keep escalating all day until you eventually get to people like Mike Portnoy, Mike Mangini, Terry Bozio, Neil Peart, Mike Terrana...I mean, there are tons of people out there better than these guys.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2014, 00:03 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 23:28:
Capella wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 22:29:
Not only is it Friday the 13th but it is also a full moon. Wont happen again until 2049? Not sure I was still groggy when the news came on this morning.
Well that's as good a reason as any to drink.

You need that complicated a reason to drink? There's a 5 in the clock, man, drink on!

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 23:36 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 23:28:
Not only is it Friday the 13th but it is also a full moon. Wont happen again until 2049? Not sure I was still groggy when the news came on this morning.

Here here!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 23:28 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 22:29 Capella

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 19:26 Brataccas

jdreyer wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 15:32:
Yesterday, the Al-queda-backed Sunni rebel group ISIS overran Mosul and Tikrit. The Shia-dominated Iraqi government made a plea to Iran who sent over the Quds forces (their elite units, like our Marine Corp) to help fight them. Currently Obama is mulling whether or not to provide air support for the Quds. Yes, we're contemplating providing air support for our arch enemy in the region.

Question for you alls: Is there a game out there that captures this kind of insane strategic choice that this political situation has produced?

Diplomacy

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 19:14 Quboid

Yesterday, the Al-queda-backed Sunni rebel group ISIS overran Mosul and Tikrit. The Shia-dominated Iraqi government made a plea to Iran who sent over the Quds forces (their elite units, like our Marine Corp) to help fight them. Currently Obama is mulling whether or not to provide air support for the Quds. Yes, we're contemplating providing air support for our arch enemy in the region.

Question for you alls: Is there a game out there that captures this kind of insane strategic choice that this political situation has produced?

Crusader Kings 2. It can be delightfully devilish. I can't think of a better political simulator.

Archer's really gone off the rails, I thought ISIS going into the drug business in season 5 was odd but by the sounds of it season 6 is totally jumping the shark.

- Quboid

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 18:49 1badmf

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 16:04:

Doom.

You're being followed by a Cyberdemon, who gets into it with two Hell Knights, while all of them are being long-distance sniped by shotgun sargeants. Who do you shoot?! YOU MAKE THE CALL!

last one standing obviously. although you watch it closely, and if the weaker ones start dropping like flies, you join the fray popping off at the strongest.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 18:49 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 11:01:
InBlack wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:28:
panbient wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 10:19:
Gotta say I'm liking the charity drum-offs a lot more than I should. And while I realize it's for charity, my money is on Smith to kill it and play circles around Ulrich.

Now Jimmy Chamberlin vs. Chad Smith on the other hand would be something epic.

Drum-offs are cool and everything, but Lars Ulrich is the biggest douchebag to ever grace the kit. A thousand charity drum-offs wont change this.

Like panbient said, I appreciate it's for a charity. If it was just them goofing around, I'd eventually lose interest. But for charity is nice, and I hope it goes well...

Was hoping Will might eventually branch out into golf/tennis/cook offs, etc...

Travis Barker would make them look stupid....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 18:02 Cutter

There was an article on Slate yesterday saying how the US should have never left Iraq. Uh, pretty sure the 50,000 US soldiers there are very aware of where they are. The consensus vibe I'm getting is that left or right no one wants anything to do with it. Let them solve their own problems. It's not like they haven't had enough time and money handed to them. Time to start handling their own shit.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 17:33 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 16:04:

Doom.

You're being followed by a Cyberdemon, who gets into it with two Hell Knights, while all of them are being long-distance sniped by shotgun sargeants. Who do you shoot?! YOU MAKE THE CALL!

Hahahaha! Classic.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 16:04 Creston

Doom.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 16:02 Creston

Verno wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 14:40:
Creston wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:49:
And at least this is more in Abrams' wheelhouse, so I think they have decent odds of being pretty good.

And on the other hand, the new Star Trek movies...

I thought the first was quite good, actually. The second one was a good action flick, it just didn't have anything to do with Star Trek other than names.

If he makes that type of film in the Star Wars universe, where it fits, it should be good.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 15:35 mag

Any sort of three-or-more way RTS or 4x game?

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 15:32 jdreyer

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 14:50 jdreyer

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 12:47:
Not even the Millenium Falcon wants the new movies to be made.

Actually, it does. It just wants to make sure the movie has the following title:

The Millennium Falcon Strikes Back.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 14:47 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 13:37:
And at least this is more in Abrams' wheelhouse, so I think they have decent odds of being pretty good.

Exactly. Now that ham fisted George is out of the picture, things are looking up...

One can hope. While I loved the first Star Trek reboot, I thought Into Darkness was just awful. Super 8 and MI3 were just okay. So his track record is mixed.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 14:40 Verno

And on the other hand, the new Star Trek movies...

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 14:14 Cutter

Ok, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

“The instructions that came with the package merely read ‘Do not use in sunlight’,” he said.

Oh man, I'm going to be laughing all day over this. It reminds me of making a wish in D&D when the GM would do his best to twist it,

Player 1: I wish for penis enlarger!

GM: And poof! You receive a magnifying glass!

Rotfl

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 14:11 The Half Elf

Friday the 13th, which translate into 'fucking idiots and morons who randomly drop 40 IQ points in 1 day'.

*mumbles* stupid fucking people....

BTW the Falcon only has 1 door and 1 ramp and 1 topside hatch. Considering the door slides open to the cockpit, how did it fall on his leg?

Next thing you know we'll hear about spontaneous combustible ewoks!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo