Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 12:04 descender

"bridge in act 3 being the worst offender"

I find slowdowns anywhere there is a lot of "fire". Turn down the shadows and it goes away.

Shadow detail is the bane of PC games and almost always the first thing I look to for performance issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 16, 2014, 10:49 Mordecai Walfish

Pretty sad that the XB1 can't even run a game like Diablo 3 @ 1080p. More "next-gen" failure  

10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 12:47 Topevoli

Redmask wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 07:05:
PHJF wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:04:
I'd be happy if it ran at even 30FPS on my (fairly capable) PC. As it stands there are specific areas where the frame rate just fucking nosedives (bridge in act 3 being the worst offender).

Diablo 3 performance gets worse every patch, its like a game where technical development is moving backwards.

The Curious Case of Diablo Development?

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 07:05 Redmask

I'd be happy if it ran at even 30FPS on my (fairly capable) PC. As it stands there are specific areas where the frame rate just fucking nosedives (bridge in act 3 being the worst offender).

Diablo 3 performance gets worse every patch, its like a game where technical development is moving backwards.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 03:17 jdreyer

NeOCidE wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 00:53:
But da cloud!?!?!? Wat aboot da Powah ov da cloud!?!?!?

That was funny.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 00:53 NeOCidE

But da cloud!?!?!? Wat aboot da Powah ov da cloud!?!?!?  
Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 23:00 Creston

Microsoft should just give up and put out a new SKU. It's getting laughable how pathetically underpowered that box is.  

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 19:55 jdreyer

You heard Blizzard Prof, "The resolution can be compromised." Cut that sucker down to 640x480 and it will run like HOT BUTTAH.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 19:21 jacobvandy

Oh yeah, there's definitely an issue with the Bridge. It's the only place where I notice not only a framerate dip, but that it's not uncommon to have full-on hiccups or hangs when there's a lot of action going on. That's on a Core i7-3960X, 16GB RAM, and GTX 580... I don't recall that happening before the expansion hit, so it might have something to do with the new graphics effects they added.  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 19:04 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 18:59 Denthor

Not sure what your point is. Frame rate has always been >>>> visual fidelity via resolution or AA (imo). Not that many TV's would be able to deliver a discernible difference between upscaled 900p and true 1080p anyway.  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 18:29 Simon Says

"Frame-rate is paramount for Blizzard and the new-gen console version of Diablo 3 - The Ultimate Evil Edition (launching 19th August). 60fps is paramount.

The resolution can be compromised."

Well, at least they have some kind of standards now.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo