Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: etc., etc. Jun 13, 2014, 07:34 Cpmartins

1. It's about something they give no shits about at all then, because based on their market profile the tiny amount they'd sell above the expected mark would not pay for the extra effort they'd have to put in.

2. I don't care and don't identify with any game protagonists. Barring a few examples they are all super-heroes. I enjoy a game for it's gameplay, and if they have a god plot/story, all the better.

3. Maybe for you. Gameplay is king, and that's what will define the level of boringness I will experience. I still play DOOM mods to this day. Can't get more generic as that protagonist.

4. Well, Farcry 3 was ok, not the best, but there was a tinge of dudebroisms in it I agree. But Farcry 4? How do we know that? Trailers? Yeah it has a guy in it. History? FC1 was a bona fide shooter, not a dudebroism to be seen on that one. FC2 was weird and ok as far as shooters go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 13, 2014, 02:09 harlock

bigspender wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 23:33:
Rattlehead wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:40:
Wow, honestly who gives a fuck what gender the character is...

1. It's about equal representation of gender and race.'
Rolleyes

7. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 23:33 bigspender

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:40:

1. It's about equal representation of gender and race.'

2. People enjoying playing as characters that they can identify with, fun aside, it generates more sales as it opens the game up to a wider audience.

3. Its boring as all hell having the same the exact hero character in every single game, especially in a game where you can choose your character, some REAL variety would be nice.

4. I don't care cause Farcry 3 and 4 are for dudebros.

6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 23:17 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 23:10:
I mean really the military brother gets killed at the start and this stuck up, self absorbed no skill brother becomes the great white man chosen by the gods to hunt down an entire island's military, hunt animals, and get high and tattoo'd all within a few days/weeks?

Apparently that was supposed to all be a joke/not real/drug-induced hallucination/"you guys just don't get it, I'm taking the piss at the entire gaming industry with this story!"

(According to the main writer, anyways. The fact that his defense of the story changed on a day by day basis based on what people were saying about it kinda makes me think he actually did mean for it to be serious, and came up with the whole "GUYZ IT WUZ A JOKE, K?!" thing after the fact once he realized how fucking terrible it really was.)

5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 23:10 The Half Elf

Considering the playable character in Far Cry 3 was utter crap, the ONLY way to make a half decent female character would be to rip off Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider reboot.

I mean really the military brother gets killed at the start and this stuck up, self absorbed no skill brother becomes the great white man chosen by the gods to hunt down an entire island's military, hunt animals, and get high and tattoo'd all within a few days/weeks?

'No we couldn't make a playable female character, because who wants to look down at naked tits when we can put them on a perfectly good women... I mean it was that or put mirrors in the game, but with the 'feel yourself up' quick time events it would have pushed the release date back even farther!' -Far Cry 4 Devs

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 22:56 Creston

We were INCHES away, but sadly, didn't quite get hard enough.

/shows self out.

3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 19:44 Kosumo

... btw, nice boobage on your avatar Rockstar happy kenny Drunk  

2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 19:40 Rattlehead

1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2014, 19:39 Cutter

That's what she said!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo