Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

75 More Steam Greenlights

A new Steam Community announcement informs us that 75 more upcoming titles have been approved by the Steam Greenlight program. This page offers an interactive listing of the new approvals.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 13, 2014, 05:21 Nighthawk

Coming soon to the steam summer sale.
Greenlit games! 25% off!
Early Access games! 25% off!
Quality games you actually want! 3% off!

</prediction>

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 22:54 jdreyer

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 20:40:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 13:18:
If there were like 10 or 20 a month, I could check them all out. But 70-80 a shot is kind of overwhelming.

And that is 2x a month.

What we need is a service or site. Someone that goes through them for us and separates the wheat from the chaff.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

19. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 20:40 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 13:18:
If there were like 10 or 20 a month, I could check them all out. But 70-80 a shot is kind of overwhelming.

And that is 2x a month.

18. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 20:13 jdreyer

I will say that my kids love the big pic mode. We've got the gaming desktop hooked up to the bigscreen TV.  

17. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 17:57 Asmo

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 13:21:
Also, I'd like the ability to filter on things like "single player" or "local coop." And add a filter for "notebook" so I know what runs on my work laptop (Rogue Legacy & FTL = Yes, Crysis & AC4 = No).

Indeed, and it's nothing that isn't implementable. Most games come out with min specs, Steam collects the specs of your system. A simple database query could return a list of games that your system is ahead of min specs.

In all the fucking around with big picture/steam box etc, I'm sure they could devote a couple of staff to working on a better client front end.

16. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 17:50 Asmo

Gustang wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:08:
Yes. Not sure if you've already done so, but it's possible to visit http://store.steampowered.com/ using your choice of browser and tab at will.

Yup, and when I am browsing for multiple titles, I'll do it on the web front end, but the idea of the steam client is to be a one stop shop. It's part of what made it more convenient in the first place way back when.

Used to be fine when we weren't getting a couple of hundred releases every couple of weeks. But it's not up to snuff anymore.

15. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 16:39 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 13:22:
Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:36:
Greenlight has lost all purpose. If you keep greenlighting that many games every other week, why bother having the stupid process at all? Just let everything on. Shit already gets through with frightening regularity, so it's not as if it'd get any worse.

Well, in its defense, it probably keeps a lot of scams off the site.

I'm not sure it really does, but we can hope.

14. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 14:43 Steele Johnson

Steam is becoming the Apple app store where 99% of the apps are shit and the other 1% are hidden by the crappy 99%. So now they can claim that their store has the most games and that's all that matters (quantity > quality).  

13. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 13:22 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 11:36:
Greenlight has lost all purpose. If you keep greenlighting that many games every other week, why bother having the stupid process at all? Just let everything on. Shit already gets through with frightening regularity, so it's not as if it'd get any worse.

Well, in its defense, it probably keeps a lot of scams off the site.

12. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 13:21 jdreyer

Asmodai wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 10:00:
They need to update the shopfront. Tabbed browsing so you aren't constantly losing your place everytime you go back, ability to search far better, including disabling inclusion of greenlights etc.

The fucking SNR in Steam atm is just stupid...

Also, I'd like the ability to filter on things like "single player" or "local coop." And add a filter for "notebook" so I know what runs on my work laptop (Rogue Legacy & FTL = Yes, Crysis & AC4 = No).

11. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 13:18 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:25:
Even I'm having problems defending this, at this point...

I'd be curious to their comment last year or so, where they talked about how they wanted everyone to have their own storefront. Are they just going to let everything in? It's not like it's not crowded already, and this stuff isn't helping.

Same here. If there were like 10 or 20 a month, I could check them all out. But 70-80 a shot is kind of overwhelming.

10. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 12:40 Ceribaen

At this point they should probably just stop publicizing the Greenlight admissions.

I mean really what's the purpose? There's not even a good link/switchover so that if you're following a game in the greenlight program to have it move to your wishlist/be notified when it's actually available for sale.
Or even that it was admitted unless you read these notices.

They'd be better off just giving a notice 'Game that you are following is now greenlit', moving it to your wishlist, then advising you when it's available for sale.

Anything else, if it's any good will end up rising to the top through word of mouth.

9. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 12:08 Gustang

They need to update the shopfront. Tabbed browsing so you aren't constantly losing your place everytime you go back, ability to search far better, including disabling inclusion of greenlights etc.

Yes. Not sure if you've already done so, but it's possible to visit http://store.steampowered.com/ using your choice of browser and tab at will.

8. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 11:56 Cutter

I officially asked for that fucking years ago. Cool as it must be for people working at Valve it sucks for everyone else who actually expects them to run like a proper fucking business.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 11:36 Creston

6. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 10:29 Darks

Whiskers wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:46:
I think the steam store could use some upgrades at this point, especially in regards to early access and all of these older titles being moved to steam. Freespace 2 should not have a release date of Jun 6, 2014. Their system is getting overwhelmed by everything they are allowing in and I think it's starting to detract from the service.

Originally Greenlight seemed like a cool idea, and I"m sure it helps some of the smaller and more indie studios get a great platform to host their game on, but it's starting to feel like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I know what you mean, truthfully, they need to segregate the indie titles and Early Access stuff into its own section and not mixed in with all the premier titles. To me all of these green lite games are pretty much being whored out to us and its clogging up the pipes.

Itís sad that all of these games are making their way into steam. Out of those 75, ill guarantee you that about 5 or 6 of them are only worthy of buying. More pipe clogging.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

5. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 10:07 nin

Yes to all that please!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 10:00 Asmodai

3. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 09:47 Acleacius

Unfreaking believable, Frayed Knights finally got Greenlit!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Re: 75 More Steam Greenlights Jun 12, 2014, 09:46 Whiskers

I think the steam store could use some upgrades at this point, especially in regards to early access and all of these older titles being moved to steam. Freespace 2 should not have a release date of Jun 6, 2014. Their system is getting overwhelmed by everything they are allowing in and I think it's starting to detract from the service.

Originally Greenlight seemed like a cool idea, and I"m sure it helps some of the smaller and more indie studios get a great platform to host their game on, but it's starting to feel like searching for a needle in a haystack.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo