Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 17:08 nin

Heads up! https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/477524586108428288

If you are in North America and want a Destiny First Look Alpha code for PS4: follow and tweet at this account, then watch your DMs.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 14:28 Numinar

Yeah, thanks for the tip! Only noticed the prompt for that today. Maybe it will still turn up. Maybe the system was upset by my PSN account not matching my current geographical location. Someone donated me a Key that seemed legit and that still didn't work.

Played a few hours after work on a friends account though, feels like Halo weapons and movement with a bit of COD style softness to other players in MP. Weapons felt good except the starting shotgun reminds me of the handcannon from Actionquake, point blank or GTFO.

Some dodgyness where the AI stands still staring at you now and then that I assume is lag/back-end hiccups (And probably the reason they need to shake down the servers), but otherwise it seems polished and awesome. Much smoother than some other co-op with AI games I've played.

Seems well beyond "Alpha" but for a few hundred million I imagine someone was smart enough to say "Hey, lets spend 5 times longer polishing this instead of the usual 3 weeks" and it shows.

Much like Halo, it doesn't seem like so much something new as something put together with care, attention and ambition. I've got a post history attesting to my rabid fanboi status but mostly I'm just gutted to miss out on the shared experience as despite having heaps of friends who game, getting them all in one MP session is a pain in the ass that only seems to happen every blizzard, gears of war release, LAN or free weekend of something and this game seems like it would be a sweet co-op jam.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 08:54 nin

Numinar wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 08:37:
Hmmm, didn't get a key. Must have stuffed up the sign up process somehow.

Wanted to get a taste before plonking down the pre-order, guess I'll wait for post launch feedback now.

At least EA knows how to send me keys! Battlefield Hardon looks alright from what I've seen so far.

Someone was claiming elsewhere that you needed to make sure your sony email address was verified. No idea if that was the case or not...finally got mine last night.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 08:37 Numinar

Hmmm, didn't get a key. Must have stuffed up the sign up process somehow.

Wanted to get a taste before plonking down the pre-order, guess I'll wait for post launch feedback now.

At least EA knows how to send me keys! Battlefield Hardon looks alright from what I've seen so far.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 07:45 Kabuto

Pretty fun game. Definitely a strong borderlands feel with the shooter/rpg mashup gameplay.

If they succeed in putting out enough content to fill all the gameplay types they're aiming for (sp/co-op/mmo lite/competitive shooter) it could be awesome.
If it lacks content or if the content feels too spread out over all the styles it could get boring quick.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 15:52 jdreyer

Well, that's one way of marketing. I'd be interested to hear impressions, as I've been pretty down on this both from looking at screenshots and watching gameplay vids. And I say that as someone who is a huge Borderlands fan, a game that was obviously an inspiration for this.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 13:56 Yosemite Sam

Destiny in September and GTA this fall... I might be getting that PS4 a little sooner then I planned.  

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 13:23 Numinar

Hmmmm... sick day or take in PS4 and hope nobody notices we don't make this game?

I'm kind of excite.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 09:55 nin

Deathhead wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:51:
Sadly registration ended last night at 11:59

Ouch, sorry. I actually reregistered, as I've still not gotten a code yet (perhaps they've not gone out).

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 09:51 Deathhead

Sadly registration ended last night at 11:59  

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 09:35 Pigeon

Well can't beat a free try, even if its just in Alpha.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 09:26 Verno

I thought Destiny looked really generic but after reading several positive gameplay impressions from people in the press who have similar taste to mine I have to admit I'm looking forward to checking it out.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo