Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

1. Re: Game Reviews Jun 12, 2014, 17:30 Narf2029

I'm finding Watchdogs entertaining enough. It's satisfying when I can complete a mission without setting foot inside the mission area. Gunplay is decent or better most of the time. You are rather frail as Yahtzee says, but it's manageable if you don't pop out of cover for more than a couple seconds at a time. There's a sort of bullet time mechanic that can give you an edge for a few seconds but it takes a bit to recharge if you don't use items to refill it. Still, I haven't yet felt that there was a gunfight I couldn't win, even if I did fall back a lot in most fights. They'll fairly intelligently advance on you, with some guys shooting while others move up a bit before stopping to shoot and let the first guys move some. It's got the latching-on kind of cover, so you almost always have a place to move back to. Money is useless. Random passersby can be hacked for cash which you can retrieve from any ATM, but there are so many of these walking treasure bags that I had every weapon before I was halfway through act 1 and I still had $250k to spare. More often than not I've already hacked up another $10-15k before I'm even 3 meters away from the ATM I just used.

Now, price-wise, I don't know that I'd say it was worth $60. I only have it because I upgraded my video card and Watchdogs came with it. I'd maybe have paid $30 or $40 tops.

One really annoying feature (to me) is the online invasions. Whenever you're not locked into a mission, another player can drop into your game and screw with you or you can do the same to another player. You can turn it off, but it turns itself back on every time you start the game up - the annoying part. It's a structured kind of screwing with you as opposed to some jerk just dropping in and causing all kinds of havoc but still, I turned it off and I wish it would stay off.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo