Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

The U.S. Open and the FIFA World Cup both get underway today. I'm not big on watching association football, but it's one of my favorite pastimes compared with watching golf. And as it turned out, I enjoyed a lot more of the World Cup last time around than I expected, so I plan on checking it out again. And this time they won't even have those horrible vuvuzelas... at least I hope they won't!

Kickoff Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: A Kitty Dream.
Super Battle City.
My Friend Pedro. All your wildest dreams will come true.
Link: ‘My kids suck,’ says trampoline seller.
Story: Guide dog lands spot in yearbook. Thanks nin.
Science: Bacteria found in squid raises concern about spread of antibiotic resistance, study finds.
Images: Bill Murray Crashes Engagement Photo In Most Bill Murray Way Possible.
Media: Some People Call This ‘The Best World Cup Ad Ever’. After Watching It, I Might Have to Agree.
This Is How You Get People To Stop Texting While Driving.
Every Vlogger Ever.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 03:42 InBlack

Quboid wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 17:55:
InBlack wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:33:
Go Croatia!!! (Ok now you know where Im from... )

Final score: Brazil 3-1 Croatia. Tough break. Brazil were the better team and Oscar was superb but you got screwed by the ref for the penalty. There was a few soft decisions but that was just plain wrong IMHO.

I thought that the Croatian keeper was supposed to be good - he's been poor for all 3 Brazil goals. You've got a tasty midfield.

Gooddamn that Japanese ref....the guy needs to commit seppuku like yesterday....arrrgghhhh. This is the main reason why football (soccer) wont take off in the states. Too many bullshit decisions in every single fucking game! Croatia played at least as well as Brazil, so its not a total loss, if they keep that up they will do well in this tourney.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 01:19 Creston

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 23:08:
And all of that is exactly why, when I hear this song and dance of "Dragon Age 3 will be better, we swear", I'm instantly skeptical...

I don't know how anyone can trust EA at this point...who are these people who preorder and think "it'll be better this time!"?

Fanboys. There's plenty of them on the bioware forums. People who thought that DA2 was fantastic, and every game should be made like that.

There's no reasoning with idiots like that.

That said, I do think DA3 looks pretty awesome, judging by the probably 2+ hours of video I've seen of it so far, and I am looking forward to it, but I'm not preordering Bioware games anymore. (especially not since most of the 'cool goodies' that came with my ME3 collector's edition were pure utter garbage.)

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 13, 2014, 00:44 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 23:08:
And all of that is exactly why, when I hear this song and dance of "Dragon Age 3 will be better, we swear", I'm instantly skeptical...

I don't know how anyone can trust EA at this point...who are these people who preorder and think "it'll be better this time!"?

Well, Dragon Age 3 is a double-whammy. EA AND Bioware.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 23:08 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 23:00 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 20:07:

I've heard a lot of folks say they think it should have been a mod. Not a good first impression...

Except that Frostbite engine is locked down for this very reason: so EA doesn't have to compete with any fan-made stuff. Very frustrating, as my favorite way to play BF2 is the AIX mod, which TOTALLY rocks. Even today, on a 9 year old game. I picked up BF3 on sale for $10 a while back, just not impressed. Not gonna bother with BF4, and esp not this.

This change.org petition about says it all:

We want the good, old Battlefield times back. Battlefield 3 was a flop for lot of gamers. Many want AI in offline Mod to play on the online maps.
There are good reasons:
1) They make multiplayer accesible for persons who dont play online (yes, many of these people still exist)
2) They allow a player to practice all of the game modes at any time with a full compliment of combatants.
3) They dont curse, cheat, complain, or leave the match when loosing.
4) They allow for a full game without any lag, slowdown, or dropout.
5) They provide great opponents Vs. teams of humans (once their difficulty is turned up).
6) They cause a game to have infinate replay value.
7) Even if we can only play alone (no Lan) with Bots, it would be a great opportunity to practise all of the vehicles. Online it is very hard to practise new types of vehicles.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 20:07 nin

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:49:
OK, Battlefield Hardlines. Got into the beta today. Played a couple of maps.

Yeah. I LOVE the Battlefield series. Absolutely my favorite multiplayer shooters ever.

This game SUCKS. It feels like a cheap mod to Battlefield. The guns, models, hell pretty much every element of the map feels cheap. They somehow managed to mess up the feel of the guns along with the looks. I can't believe they want to charge $60 for this. Ugh.

I've heard a lot of folks say they think it should have been a mod. Not a good first impression...

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 19:49 Agent.X7

OK, Battlefield Hardlines. Got into the beta today. Played a couple of maps.

Yeah. I LOVE the Battlefield series. Absolutely my favorite multiplayer shooters ever.

This game SUCKS. It feels like a cheap mod to Battlefield. The guns, models, hell pretty much every element of the map feels cheap. They somehow managed to mess up the feel of the guns along with the looks. I can't believe they want to charge $60 for this. Ugh.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 18:25 1badmf

yeah those were some crap goals he gave up. he even should've done better saving that pk. got both hands on it; any keeper will tell you he expects to keep the ball out if he can get both hands on it.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 18:24 Cutter

Shok wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 16:39:
So the new Thief is $15 on Steam today. Is it worth considering at that price or should I wait until it's 5 dolla?

If you must buy it all wait for $5. Honestly, you're really not missing anything. I still haven't finished it and don't know if I will. If I could sell this to you for $5 I'd LOVE to do it.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 17:55 Quboid

Final score: Brazil 3-1 Croatia. Tough break. Brazil were the better team and Oscar was superb but you got screwed by the ref for the penalty. There was a few soft decisions but that was just plain wrong IMHO.

I thought that the Croatian keeper was supposed to be good - he's been poor for all 3 Brazil goals. You've got a tasty midfield.

- Quboid

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 17:04 Quboid

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 16:41:
So the new Thief is $15 on Steam today. Is it worth considering at that price or should I wait until it's 5 dolla?

I'd tell you to jump on that deal...except there's no jump option in Thief.

So...

Contextually activate that offer?

I'm surprised Thief is already selling for a quarter of its original price. It must have sold poorly.

- Quboid

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 16:41 nin

I'd tell you to jump on that deal...except there's no jump option in Thief.

So...

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 16:39 Shok

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 16:13 Quboid

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! Brazil score ... for Croatia!

- Quboid

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 16:03 Cutter

descender wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:55:
I kind of want to see Argentina win, that's the only way this World Cup could be any worse for Brazil. Laugh

Will you cry for them if they don't win?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 15:29 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 12:09:
That VW PSA looked pretty staged to me, but it was still brilliant nonetheless.

And I'd like to see Germany take it all.

That's probably the best 1 min PSA I've seen on the subject (although I agree probably staged partially). Also recommend award winning director Werner Herzog's PSA From One Second to the Next, available free on youtube.

Self-driving cars can't come soon enough.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 15:25 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 15:18:
nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:22:
Bill Murray Crashes Engagement Photo In Most Bill Murray Way Possible.

Only way this could have been better was him sticking his hand in there as well.

The stories of Bill Murray's kindness and generosity are legend. Seems like a great human being.

http://youtu.be/wPtaFufxDD4

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 15:21 jdreyer

Last Week Tonight took down FIFA pretty hard last week. And John Oliver is an absolutely huge football fan. I remember when he did this piece a few years ago for the Daily Show, you could just tell how much he loved it.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 15:18 jdreyer

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 09:22:
Bill Murray Crashes Engagement Photo In Most Bill Murray Way Possible.

Only way this could have been better was him sticking his hand in there as well.

The stories of Bill Murray's kindness and generosity are legend. Seems like a great human being.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2014, 12:55 descender

I kind of want to see Argentina win, that's the only way this World Cup could be any worse for Brazil. Laugh

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo