Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Screenshots

• Grand Theft Auto V PS3 vs PS4 GIF Comparison on Gameranx. Thanks nin

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 22:38 Dacron

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 19:26:
Since I was working, and had no internet I hereby declare...

SQUEEE!!!

Plus it will be nice to have my GTO Online save from the 360 and not have to start over from scratch.

Yup, my car collection is puuuuurdy. Gonna be nice being a made man automatically when starting online.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 19:26 The Half Elf

Since I was working, and had no internet I hereby declare...

SQUEEE!!!

Plus it will be nice to have my GTO Online save from the 360 and not have to start over from scratch.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 15:44 harlock

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:40:
The fact that they could get the game running at all on 512 of ram (for the 360 and ps3) means someone should be getting a raise!

its a heavy duty data streaming technology (from disc and HD).. but yeh their assets and optimizations are top notch as well

it better be for 250 million tho

9. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 15:41 harlock

its clearly more than just shaders and texture updates.. even beyond a simple tesselation pass, seems like they added actual new geometry to the map

wonder if there are any other optimizations in there like better physics or car deforms

8. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 11:26 Xero

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:47:
Even though the video notes it at the end (all footage being from the PS4), I'm still a little skeptical of the shots. But then again, I was skeptical of the original trailers, too, and they were accurate.

Amazing what those guys do...

I'm not skeptical but without the proper hardware, I don't doubt you cannot achieve those amazing settings. Obviously PS4 users don't need to worry but PC users are either going to get this at medium quality settings or require some updated components to get this. I'm sure PC will look even better than this maxed out, provided you have the hardware to run it.

Currently playing: Skyrim

7. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:47 nin

Even though the video notes it at the end (all footage being from the PS4), I'm still a little skeptical of the shots. But then again, I was skeptical of the original trailers, too, and they were accurate.

Amazing what those guys do...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

6. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:43 Xero

That's actually quite shocking the differences.
I didn't expect it that great. Obviously I'm thinking of how good it's gonna look on the PC based off the PS4 pics. Good to know.

Currently playing: Skyrim

5. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:40 nin

InBlack wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:37:
Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:28:
InBlack wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:25:
Kind of reminds me of before and after diet photographs. Im not claiming they are fake or anything, but they could have at least used the same camera angle and vantage point for fucks sake...

The before and afters are pretty obvious, you don't need the same angle to see there is no foliage in one and a lot of it in another for example. It's not meant to be scientific anyway, its just showing people that there is a difference.

Yeah I get that. Its still jarring though. If I was the boss at Rockstar someone would be getting the axe. (Or at least a harsh warning )

The fact that they could get the game running at all on 512 of ram (for the 360 and ps3) means someone should be getting a raise!

4. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:37 InBlack

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:28:
Kind of reminds me of before and after diet photographs. Im not claiming they are fake or anything, but they could have at least used the same camera angle and vantage point for fucks sake...

The before and afters are pretty obvious, you don't need the same angle to see there is no foliage in one and a lot of it in another for example. It's not meant to be scientific anyway, its just showing people that there is a difference.

Yeah I get that. Its still jarring though. If I was the boss at Rockstar someone would be getting the axe. (Or at least a harsh warning )

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:28 Verno

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

2. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:25 InBlack

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 09:15:
OK, now I need a ship date...

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Morning Screenshots Jun 11, 2014, 09:15 nin

OK, now I need a ship date...

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo