Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 12, 2014, 10:08 NotOneOfUs

killer_roach wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 20:00:
Ozmodan wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 17:13:
Cracks me up when they finally get a console running at 1080p they have to brag about it, when most of us have been running at that resolution for years.

Counting back to the first game I ran at resolutions at or exceeding 1080p, it's been about fourteen years since I've been doing that on my machines (back then it was mostly Quake 3, UT, Madden 2001, and Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2 on a 21" CRT at 1920x1440...).

Not to mention pushing those games' frame rates into the 100s...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 20:00 killer_roach

Cracks me up when they finally get a console running at 1080p they have to brag about it, when most of us have been running at that resolution for years.

Counting back to the first game I ran at resolutions at or exceeding 1080p, it's been about fourteen years since I've been doing that on my machines (back then it was mostly Quake 3, UT, Madden 2001, and Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2 on a 21" CRT at 1920x1440...).

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 18:14 nin

The new consoles are already dated, Hook a PC up that has a decent graphics card and attach it to one of the new 4k TV's and you will instantly see why.

Wow! No one here has ever said that before - even Blue, in the post above! How do you come up with this stuff?????

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 17:13 Ozmodan

The new consoles are already dated, Hook a PC up that has a decent graphics card and attach it to one of the new 4k TV's and you will instantly see why.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 12:10 Verno

Linksil wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:15:
Prob still won't have a good app to just watch videos either.

Surprisingly it looks like it is getting a fully featured playback app according to the article.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 11:17 Task

such a tease nintendo!

let me guess, zelda in disguise?

link from a parallel universe? Saria a female elf from link's village?

Either the twist is you are Zelda and you save Link this time. Or you are Ganon in disguise zomg!

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 11:15 Linksil

Prob still won't have a good app to just watch videos either.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2014, 09:12 Verno

The Youtube share/app should have been there from the beginning, not giving them any kudos for that.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo