Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 16:18 eRe4s3r

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:50:
Hiking pro tip - GET OFF OF THE FARKING PHONE!

Don't be silly, how else would I read my emails and other messages while being *gasp* outdoors.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 15:38 descender

required taxpayer funded state troopers to rescue her.

Usually you have to pay out of pocket for any rescue services.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 14:47 Cutter

Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:40:
Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:40:
Uneven terrain on a mountain? Inconceivable! And what's that? She fell 30 feet because she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing because she was yammering on the phone? Inconceivable!

Whenever I read the word "inconceivable", my brain uses the voice of Vizzini in The Princess Bride.

Inconceivable!

This comment was edited (to add link) on Jun 11, 2014, 13:58.

You think I was going for Vizinni? Inconceivable! I'd sooner get involved in a land war in Asia!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 13:50 xXBatmanXx

Hiking pro tip - GET OFF OF THE FARKING PHONE!  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 13:40 Frags4Fun

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 10:40:
Uneven terrain on a mountain? Inconceivable! And what's that? She fell 30 feet because she wasn't paying attention to what she was doing because she was yammering on the phone? Inconceivable!

Whenever I read the word "inconceivable", my brain uses the voice of Vizzini in The Princess Bride.

Inconceivable!

This comment was edited (to add link) on Jun 11, 2014, 13:58.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 13:58.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 13:30 NegaDeath

Blue wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 13:24:
Not to be too cynical, but the points about how odd this is could be considered compatible with the fact that her "rescue" was caught by the cameras of a reality TV show.

I can almost hear the dramatic music and narration already.

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 13:24  Blue 

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 11:26:
Well she almost had that Darwin award. Hiking alone, on terrain she felt uncomfortable on, while yammering away on her cell about said terrain. And then to find out that the fall she couldn't stop talking about resulted in some minor scrapes that required taxpayer funded state troopers to rescue her.

Not to be too cynical, but the points about how odd this is could be considered compatible with the fact that her "rescue" was caught by the cameras of a reality TV show.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 13:22 jdreyer

Texting while driving PSA directed by Werner Herzog.

Woman falls into fountain while reading her phone.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 11:26 NegaDeath

Well she almost had that Darwin award. Hiking alone, on terrain she felt uncomfortable on, while yammering away on her cell about said terrain. And then to find out that the fall she couldn't stop talking about resulted in some minor scrapes that required taxpayer funded state troopers to rescue her.  

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 10:53 descender

Cell phones are totally not distracting in any way.  

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 10:40 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 11, 2014, 09:20 Verno

Uh who isn't afraid of falling off a mountain? I'd never talk about falling with a partner while we're climbing, just tempting fate and the subconscious. I've been climbing for years and it still scares me shitless sometimes, ice climbing especially.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo