Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 14, 2014, 16:28 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 14:48:
Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 14:24:
I already pretty much subscribe for the old Star Trek stuff, more is always good. Although for the life of me I don't know what people see in Deep Space 9.

Yeah I could never get into DS9. I didn't like most of the characters to begin with. And the stories were just kind of meh although there were some good ones.
Ditto!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 20:21 SlimRam

Hehehehe. You're an evil man, SlimRam. DON'T MOCK MY INEPTITUDE SO!
I'm sorry man but THAT POST WAS PRICELESS! I honestly don't think I have EVER read a miss post that was that awesome! And OFCOURSE someone had to quote it before you could fix the damn thing

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"

31. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 20:18 SlimRam

Slimram, you definitely need to post more often.
*Kicks at the ground while looking down* Awww SHUCKS! Honestly, I lurked on Blues for over 10 years before I posted anything soooo, sometimes I fall back into lurk mode for awhile and then i'm like, "Oh YEAH, I can post a comment now!"

I saw a hearse driving in the carpool lane the other day and I thought to myself, "That's cheating"

30. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 16:03 Creston

SlimRam wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 23:00:
I KNOW, RIGHT? Like that episode where they realize that there is a spy hiding in that giant nebula, I think it's called 'Kim's Ass Nebula' or something like that? But anyway, OFCOURSE it's in the Neutral/Brown Zone and it's decided that someone (guest star Ray Jay) is going to have to fire his probe into it and ofcourse the whole crew has to analyze the footage and THEN Quark (that crazy Ferengi) STEALS the footage and then sells it to the highest bidder! Oh MAN that's a GREAT EPISODE!

Hehehehe. You're an evil man, SlimRam. DON'T MOCK MY INEPTITUDE SO!

29. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 05:44 InBlack

Apart from Enterprise all the Star Trek series are pretty much awesome. DS9 is the hidden gem, and probably the best of the lot. It does have a slow start, but it also has the best characters of the lot. Garak the conflicted taylor/spy. Gul Dukat, one of the most awesome villains ever. Quark, holy fuck Quark! Odo the shapeshifter, sweet and smart Jadzia Dax, Bashir the naive but super smart enetically engineered doctor, Worf, WOOOOOOORF!, Chancellor Gowron the most awesome Klingon ever! and Last but not Least THE CISCO. (Truthuflly Cisco is the weakest character of the lot but I always got a laugh out of THE CISCO's tantrums...)

Good times man, good times...

I have a nifty blue line!

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 01:09 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 23:00:
I KNOW, RIGHT? Like that episode where they realize that there is a spy hiding in that giant nebula, I think it's called 'Kim's Ass Nebula' or something like that? But anyway, OFCOURSE it's in the Neutral/Brown Zone and it's decided that someone (guest star Ray Jay) is going to have to fire his probe into it and ofcourse the whole crew has to analyze the footage and THEN Quark (that crazy Ferengi) STEALS the footage and then sells it to the highest bidder! Oh MAN that's a GREAT EPISODE!

Slimram, you definitely need to post more often.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 01:08 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 19:50:
jdr, I would definitely recommend trying season 4 on one of the streaming sites. It's a great season (though people who hate Worf will undoubtedly be annoyed at how much priority he's getting,) and the entire Dominion storyline expands nicely.

I think it's in season 5 when the Klingon-Cardassian (DAMMIT!!!!) war really gets going, and things really start to get tripping awesome.

Okay, I'm currently watching Voyager (missed most of it when it originally aired), which I like a lot (although taking a break to re-watch Sherlock). I'll try your suggestion.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 23:00 SlimRam

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 21:49 Creston

NewMaxx wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 20:10:
I think it's in season 5 when the Klingon-Kardashian war really gets going, and things really start to get tripping awesome.

LOL! Can never trust those damn Kardashians.

o_O

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
SHIT SHIT FUCK SHIT FUCK ASS SHIT. FUCK.

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 20:10 NewMaxx

I think it's in season 5 when the Klingon-Kardashian war really gets going, and things really start to get tripping awesome.

LOL! Can never trust those damn Kardashians.

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 19:52 Creston

KS wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 19:47:
Of course it is Netflix so yappy dramatic interactions are the (cheaper-to-produce) norm. Or maybe they're gonna be the first internet content place to step up to the major league big 4 network investment time.

Wuh? Are you aware that House of Cards cost them a hundred MILLION dollars to produce, just for the first season? I'm not sure that insinuations that Netflix is cheap are really appropriate...

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 19:50 Creston

jdr, I would definitely recommend trying season 4 on one of the streaming sites. It's a great season (though people who hate Worf will undoubtedly be annoyed at how much priority he's getting,) and the entire Dominion storyline expands nicely.

I think it's in season 5 when the Klingon-Cardassian (DAMMIT!!!!) war really gets going, and things really start to get tripping awesome.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 21:50.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 19:47 KS

NKD wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 18:05:
I gave up hope on any new Star Trek series a while back. They don't want to water down ol' Captain Lens Flare's brand.

That's what terrifies me -- that this would be reboot universe not original. And in either case, more action movie-like, like reboot U, too, than more pensive, true, quality science fiction.

Of course it is Netflix so yappy dramatic interactions are the (cheaper-to-produce) norm. Or maybe they're gonna be the first internet content place to step up to the major league big 4 network investment time.

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 19:07 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 18:34:
I already pretty much subscribe for the old Star Trek stuff, more is always good. Although for the life of me I don't know what people see in Deep Space 9.

o_O

Seriously? That's the best Star Trek show out there (mostly because it's just Berman & Co ripping off Babylon 5, but even so it's still awesome.)

It just takes a long time to get going. A very, VERY long time. But from season 4 and on, it's a heckuva show.

@ Forgedreality, yeah, Lwaxana was a fucking TERRIBLE character. Take everything that's irritating about Deanna, and then take away the few good things (mostly the way she looked. Hey, it was the 80s!), and tadaaa. I always felt so sorry for Majel Barret that THAT was the role they gave her... Babylon 5 treated her with much more reverence.

Could explain things. I never got past Season 3.

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 19:02 NegaDeath

I too grew to enjoy DS9. TNG still holds a special place but DS9 had so many great characters and actors and the several season long realistic war really drew me in.

Also I like the pew pew and it had some of the best fleet battles ever put to screen.

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 18:34 Creston

o_O

Seriously? That's the best Star Trek show out there (mostly because it's just Berman & Co ripping off Babylon 5, but even so it's still awesome.)

It just takes a long time to get going. A very, VERY long time. But from season 4 and on, it's a heckuva show.

@ Forgedreality, yeah, Lwaxana was a fucking TERRIBLE character. Take everything that's irritating about Deanna, and then take away the few good things (mostly the way she looked. Hey, it was the 80s!), and tadaaa. I always felt so sorry for Majel Barret that THAT was the role they gave her... Babylon 5 treated her with much more reverence.

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 18:29 ForgedReality

Shok wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 17:01:
I liked all the Star Trek series except DS9. It was too political and boring on one space station all the time instead of exploring new worlds.

Also, Enterprise was ok but kind of cheesy in parts (see Captain's beagle *groan*)

I didn't like DS9 that much as a kid, but somewhat recently, I watched through all of TNG, and then all of DS9, and I have to say, I found DS9 to be the vastly superior show. It had a much deeper and more compelling story than TNG, which was just a haphazardly strung together series of episodes with little relationship between them.

I can tell you there was a shit ton of boring shit in TNG too (anything involving Whoopi Goldberg; every time Data went on soul-searching escapades; every single time Lwaxana was on screen)... However, Babylon 5, start to finish, was also far better than any Trek shit to have ever come along, so...

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 18:05 NKD

I gave up hope on any new Star Trek series a while back. They don't want to water down ol' Captain Lens Flare's brand.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 17:20 BobBob

The best part of having seen so many Star Trek episodes is that I get every joke on the The Big Bang Theory.  
http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity Whew

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 17:01 Shok

I liked all the Star Trek series except DS9. It was too political and boring on one space station all the time instead of exploring new worlds.

Also, Enterprise was ok but kind of cheesy in parts (see Captain's beagle *groan*)

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo