Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Armored Warfare Trailer

Obsidian Entertainment celebrates E3 with a new "roles" trailer from Armored Warfare, detailing a new role system and the types of tanks players will command the upcoming free-to-play military tactics game. Here's a summary: "The roles of the Main Battle Tank (MBT), Recon and Artillery units in Armored Warfare will offer players an endless amount of strategies in taking on the competition in a given match. Players must weigh the cost-benefit of each role in every scenario. MBTs are bruisers that can dish out damage and take it, Recon tanks sweep swiftly throughout levels to help flank enemies and spot them for artillery strikes, while Artillery units rain destruction on enemies from a distance."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Jun 11, 2014, 01:11 1badmf

Task wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 22:42:
Well it was going to be arcade, not sure what people expected. Not that it really interests me, I dare them to even add a realism mode where you can only see inside your tank and maybe open the hatch to look around with binocs. Unfortunately Tank Call of Duty is the market now, to appeal to all the kiddies, not tank simulators for me

if you're looking for ultra realistic abrams sim, look up a game called steel beasts. i believe the army actually uses it as their abrams simulator.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 22:42 Task

Well it was going to be arcade, not sure what people expected. Not that it really interests me, I dare them to even add a realism mode where you can only see inside your tank and maybe open the hatch to look around with binocs. Unfortunately Tank Call of Duty is the market now, to appeal to all the kiddies, not tank simulators for me  

Playing: The Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, FF8

2. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 19:40 eRe4s3r

jdreyer wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 19:26:
That was completely nonsensical.

And it showed everything I hate about WoT and all these others pseudo tank games... 1 hit kills

Obviously a modern MBT one shots everything that's not another MBT so why even put them in the game in a mixed match? It seems like the least fun setting when it comes to armored warfare that one can imagine. Everything with TOW/Milan pwns everything else to boot (every single non-mbt vehicle!)

Absurd setting, 0 fun guaranteed unless they balance it extremely well and don't allow certain match configs and vehicle setups...

1. Re: Armored Warfare Trailer Jun 10, 2014, 19:26 jdreyer

That was completely nonsensical.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo