Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 4 Co-op Support

A tweet from FarCrygame announces the upcoming first-person shooter sequel Far Cry 4 will include co-op support, saying: "Big news, #FarCry4 has co-op! View the Gameplay Trailer: http://goo.gl/IOMtfI Pre-Order: http://goo.gl/8x0kuY pic.twitter.com/ZPpCqb3pCl." Thanks [VG]Reagle.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 11, 2014, 20:50 Burrito of Peace

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 11, 2014, 07:08 saluk

OpticNerve wrote on Jun 11, 2014, 04:23:
I hope FC4's co-op isn't like Assassin's Creed 5's bullshit co-op missions crap. It's really grating how they'll now use "co-op" as a feature bulletpoint when it's essentially tacked on separate co-op missions.

Makes sense for AC. Missions should be designed with co-op in mind, and it's unreasonable to expect a full campaign that works equally well with sp and co-op in a game of that nature. Especially with the hack designers behind it

Here... I think they could have done better, but I'll take it.

15. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 11, 2014, 04:23 OpticNerve

I hope FC4's co-op isn't like Assassin's Creed 5's bullshit co-op missions crap. It's really grating how they'll now use "co-op" as a feature bulletpoint when it's essentially tacked on separate co-op missions.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

14. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 11, 2014, 02:02 SlimRam

THAT'S IT! I'm telling the WORLD and i'm not ashamed of our love:

Me and the FAR CRY franchise are getting MARRIED!

They always say that everyone's good at something...

I just have to find the right kind of place that appreciates nude juggling of a midget, a hand grenade, and a porcupine while playing the kazoo and riding a unicycle backwards without a seat

13. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 16:37 [VG]Reagle

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:37:
Parias wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:36:
That sounds kinda terrible actually. When I play proper campaign co-op games, I head over to my friend's place and we blow through the entire campaign together to enjoy the story, scripted events, etc.

If all that stuff is turned off in FC4, what's the point?

I dunno, ask Ubisoft. It's a damn sight better than FC3's co-op, however.

I like the sand box look of it. I usually like to team kill my coop partners alot till they start squealing like little girls.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

12. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 16:36 xXBatmanXx

Scud wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:29:
HoSpanky wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:29:
Saint's Row got it right, and improved from one game to the next, to where you almost NEED a second player for SR4.

Anyway, they confirm this is campaign co-op, it'll be the first game I've bought day-one in years.

I played all the way through SR4 and don't remember feeling like I NEEDED another player at any point. I saw some side missions that looked like they required a second player but I never bothered with those.

Played almost the whole game with a friend and then also solo'd it. Was a blast both ways. The tower assault near the end with the tanks and what not, was nice to have help....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

11. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Parias wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:36:
That sounds kinda terrible actually. When I play proper campaign co-op games, I head over to my friend's place and we blow through the entire campaign together to enjoy the story, scripted events, etc.

I dunno, ask Ubisoft. It's a damn sight better than FC3's co-op, however.

10. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 15:36 Parias

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:01:
Far Cry 3 had co-op as well, but it was a separate part of the game. Unless they specifically say "Campaign Co-op", I will believe it's a bullshit side-game. SO many games tossed out "co-op!" on the package, only to find it meant something different from expected.

The FC4 trailer specifically says that it's drop-in co-op, and what it does is just deactivate the single player/campaign missions, but everything else is open. So the fortresses, hunts, etc. and all that stuff counts towards your completion.

More interesting is the news that, apparently, on the PS4, you can co-op FC4 with people who don't own the game.

9. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 15:29 Scud

Saint's Row got it right, and improved from one game to the next, to where you almost NEED a second player for SR4.

Anyway, they confirm this is campaign co-op, it'll be the first game I've bought day-one in years.

I played all the way through SR4 and don't remember feeling like I NEEDED another player at any point. I saw some side missions that looked like they required a second player but I never bothered with those.

8. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 15:26 [VG]Reagle

WOW there is alot of games coming in the Fall!!! This looks fun.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

7. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 15:15 Strango

Creston wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 15:01:
More interesting is the news that, apparently, on the PS4, you can co-op FC4 with people who don't own the game.

F2cooP?

6. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 15:01 Creston

Far Cry 3 had co-op as well, but it was a separate part of the game. Unless they specifically say "Campaign Co-op", I will believe it's a bullshit side-game. SO many games tossed out "co-op!" on the package, only to find it meant something different from expected.

The FC4 trailer specifically says that it's drop-in co-op, and what it does is just deactivate the single player/campaign missions, but everything else is open. So the fortresses, hunts, etc. and all that stuff counts towards your completion.

5. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:45 gilly775

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 14:44:

Uh, in the E3 video they specifically said "Drop in coop"

I believe they also mentioned sandbox co-op and not campaign-level.

4. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:44 eRe4s3r

Uh, in the E3 video they specifically said "Drop in coop"

3. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:31 Beamer

SR4 it was necessary for some side missions, but other than that, I wouldn't say I ever felt a need for co-op in it. The game was fairly easy, since you play a god.

Wait, edit, I forgot I owned the Hail to the Chief version, which came with an insta-kill weapon.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:29 HoSpanky

1. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 10, 2014, 14:20 gilly775

umm, you guys know you posted this video down below at 8:51am, right? lol  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo