Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Safety Dance

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 9, 2014, 00:15 ViRGE

Julio wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 17:43:
It doesn't surprise me at all that Microsoft is sabotaging Windows 7. As soon as they have a new OS, they start to screw up the prior OS to try to force sales of the new one.
Microsoft is not sabotaging Windows 7. Windows 7 has the same functionality and security features as it always had, and it will have any outstanding security vulnerabilities patched on the second Tuesday of the month until 2020.

The article in question vastly misstates what's going on. Microsoft added new security APIs to Windows 8, so that developers can use them to mitigate flaws in their own code. Those are new features and as such come with a new OS; they are not patched in to old OSes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2014, 23:37 Kitkoan

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 20:04:
I was at an IT conference and I was presenting. There were 100 IT presenters in the audience. At the end I finished and looked at them. I said hey guys I have one questions for you all:

"Do you like windows 8?"

I just had to ask the room since there was so many IT people with years of experience.

THEY BOOED AND CATCALLED. Apparently they hate it.

Either windows goes back to something like 7 or we need to get rid of Microsoft period. Eliminate them.

Get rid of Microsoft and replace it with what?

Can't put the horse before the cart and all that

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2014, 20:04 [VG]Reagle

I was at an IT conference and I was presenting. There were 100 IT presenters in the audience. At the end I finished and looked at them. I said hey guys I have one questions for you all:

"Do you like windows 8?"

I just had to ask the room since there was so many IT people with years of experience.

THEY BOOED AND CATCALLED. Apparently they hate it.

Either windows goes back to something like 7 or we need to get rid of Microsoft period. Eliminate them.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2014, 17:43 Julio

It doesn't surprise me at all that Microsoft is sabotaging Windows 7. As soon as they have a new OS, they start to screw up the prior OS to try to force sales of the new one.  

2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2014, 15:05 HorrorScope

MS cannot speed up O/S releases if they are going to force business to constantly be testing and deploying. This shit if going to hit the wall fast.  

1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 8, 2014, 13:39 Cutter

"Why is it that Microsoft inserted a safe function into Windows 8 [but not] Windows 7? The answer is money - Microsoft does not want to waste development time on older operating systems ... and they want people to move to higher operating systems," Joseph said in a presentation at the Troopers14 conference.

Ya think? Thanks, Captain Obvious! Dollars to donuts that Win 9 is going to be a subscriber service model.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo