Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced

ATLUS announces Rollers of the Realm, a game that will put the wizard in pinball wizard by combining a pinball simulation with a fantasy-themed role-playing game. This is planned for release for Windows, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita this holiday season, and in the meantime, the game's official website offers screenshots and details to help us understand how this will work. Here's more on that from the announcement:

In the game, static pinball tables are replaced by dynamic locations with objectives, secrets, and multiple areas. Along with the standard bumpers are AI-controlled enemies, who can attack and do damage to the pinball flippers. And the familiar shiny silver pinballs? Those become playable characters, each with different attributes, special abilities and even physics. The story opens up through an epic six chapters, where players will have to master the strengths and weaknesses of each character ball.

Along with compelling backstories and personal agendas that get revealed through main story progress, characters come to life in voice-acted cinematics and dialog scenes. New characters with new abilities can be unlocked and can browse the realm's item shop. Upgrades bestow enchantments and special abilities that will be needed to topple some of the game's tougher bosses.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 8, 2014, 08:23 PHJF

One of Pinball FX2's tables *is* a psuedo RPG. Monster battling, loot, and leveling up.

Also, this game looks awful. Makes me think of that ill-fated Unreal-engine title of yesteryear, Adventure Pinball.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 8, 2014, 00:16 Optional Nickname!

Makes you wonder why this hasn't been tried before, pinball RPG.

As an aside, Future Pinball is magnificent.

7. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 8, 2014, 00:00 Alamar

Axis wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 10:59:
Bout time, looks like something I'd play.

Only pinball games I spent many many moons on was the original Amiga Pinball dreams and Sierra's 3d pinball games.

But... but... Epic Pinball...

-Alamar

6. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 22:45 nin

Jivaro wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 22:35:
Sounds interesting to me too.

Yeah, kinda neat, I'll check it out...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 22:35 Jivaro

Sounds interesting to me too.  

4. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 21:02 HorrorScope

Interesting.  

3. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 16:52 Kosumo

Pinball fx 2 (on steam) has a nice free table you can play thats worth the download that reminded me of the old Amiga's Pinball Dreams.

It may be worth a look for you Axis.

2. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 15:59 Cutter

Well this is...weird.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Pinball RPG Rollers of the Realm Announced Jun 7, 2014, 10:59 Axis

Bout time, looks like something I'd play.

Only pinball games I spent many many moons on was the original Amiga Pinball dreams and Sierra's 3d pinball games.

Yours truly,

Axis

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo