Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Op Ed Jun 9, 2014, 07:04 Redmask

Fletch wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 23:43:
Redmask wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 02:16:
I agree and I hope the admins do something about him at some point. Seeing the same incessant negativity and often disturbing hypocritical noise day in and day out is wearing thin. I've noticed the same lack of knowledge and blatant trolling as well.

Why would "the admins" have to do something? You have a tool here that you can use to never see another of his posts. Or do you (and others) just like to bitch?

At some point ignore has diminishing returns. He constantly disrupts discussions with crazy rants that are often totally misplaced and inaccurate, he also violates the few site rules that exist constantly. When a troll is insane enough on a site this large someone will end up quoting it back to others so ignore is effectively worthless. So to answer your question 'no we dont like to bitch' and the admins are the only ones who can at least warn him to curb it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2014, 23:43 Fletch

Redmask wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 02:16:
I agree and I hope the admins do something about him at some point. Seeing the same incessant negativity and often disturbing hypocritical noise day in and day out is wearing thin. I've noticed the same lack of knowledge and blatant trolling as well.

Why would "the admins" have to do something? You have a tool here that you can use to never see another of his posts. Or do you (and others) just like to bitch?

14. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2014, 02:16 Redmask

NKD wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 01:24:
There's really no reason for Cutter to be here. He contributes nothing. Honestly, he makes a token negative post, which nearly everyone has learned now to disregard, and then moves on to the next post.

It's always some inflammatory bullshit based on reading the headline and not the article. And if it's not that, it's some bullshit that is so infuriatingly wrong that he's either stupid, or a troll. And he just ignores anyone who doesn't agree with him. He doesn't have enough knowledge on any subject to sustain any kind of conversation or debate, so when you post a rebuttal, he disregards it rather than put any effort into discussion.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2014, 02:27.

13. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2014, 01:24 NKD

Redmask wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 23:19:
No one cares about your ignore list, putting people on ignore when you were the one at fault is asinine. Its a very transparent attempt at saving face and pointless when you could have just said 'oops i should have read a bit more closely, my mistake'.

e: Please feel free to put me on ignore for daring to make sense though, I'll happily wear that badge.

There's really no reason for Cutter to be here. He contributes nothing. Honestly, he makes a token negative post, which nearly everyone has learned now to disregard, and then moves on to the next post.

It's always some inflammatory bullshit based on reading the headline and not the article. And if it's not that, it's some bullshit that is so infuriatingly wrong that he's either stupid, or a troll. And he just ignores anyone who doesn't agree with him. He doesn't have enough knowledge on any subject to sustain any kind of conversation or debate, so when you post a rebuttal, he disregards it rather than put any effort into discussion.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

12. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2014, 00:46 Beamer

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 23:56:
Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 17:25:
Seriously, Cutter, your posts are never, ever accurate because you always base them on a sensationalized headline and not the content. How are you so often commenting without reading?

It got him your attention though.

No cares. I'm just so tired of seeing something mocking an article that totally ignores what the article actually says. Why make a post if the content is irrelevant or inaccurate?

Cutter has always been a joke here, which is fine, at least half this board believes I am, too. But his "I'm mostly positive" post pushed me over the line. I've never seen a more bitter, hateful man on my life.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

11. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 23:56 Parallax Abstraction

Beamer wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 17:25:
Seriously, Cutter, your posts are never, ever accurate because you always base them on a sensationalized headline and not the content. How are you so often commenting without reading?

It got him your attention though.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

10. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 23:19 Redmask

No one cares about your ignore list, putting people on ignore when you were the one at fault is asinine. Its a very transparent attempt at saving face and pointless when you could have just said 'oops i should have read a bit more closely, my mistake'.

e: Please feel free to put me on ignore for daring to make sense though, I'll happily wear that badge.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2014, 23:25.

9. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 21:09 Cutter

And 2 more trolls go back on ignore.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 19:21 Dades

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 16:09:
Fucking Polygon. What a hypocritical lefty rag. They constantly whine about this shit but are more than happy to go to these things, accept the free swag, free games, and advertising dollars from these companies. The classic 'Do as I say, and not as I do' BS.

Did you even read the headline, let alone the story? Unbelievable.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

7. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 18:09 killer_roach

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 16:57:
Phuck E3 that retarded monkey circlejerk wankfest. PC games need crowdfunding and not that annual meeting of the industry's greatest asshats.

Depends. If you're looking to do something small, you really need neither - much of it could be handled on a hobbyist basis until you have something that you could start selling bona-fide preorders for (if not putting on Steam Early Access).

If you're looking for something more involved and ambitious, then crowdfunding would seem to be the way to go... assuming that a) you have some big names attached to your project or b) you are extraordinarily good with relatively traditional marketing. Some of the more "indie-friendly" publishers (Sony comes to mind first, but Atlus and Deep Silver come to mind, and occasionally EA whenever management goes off their meds and goes to a more beneficial side of their love/hate relationship with small developers) may, despite the fact that they'll assert some creative control and take a good chunk of the receipts, be a better way to go if you're more convinced on your ability to sell a game to a single person or a small group than you are in your ability to do retail marketing (not to mention will be considerably better at getting you media access to try to better pitch your title on your terms).

I mean, look at the big Kickstarter gaming successes... almost all of them come from developers with intimidating resumes, not your typical indie devs. One of the major exceptions to that is FTL, but they played a surprisingly effective marketing game of their own - to the point where almost any indie developer looking to crowdfund might want to look to them as the template for how to run a campaign, and the devs themselves may want to consider writing a book on their experiences.

6. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 17:25 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2014, 16:09:
Fucking Polygon. What a hypocritical lefty rag. They constantly whine about this shit but are more than happy to go to these things, accept the free swag, free games, and advertising dollars from these companies. The classic 'Do as I say, and not as I do' BS.

Oh look, this time Cutter didn't even read the headline, let alone the article, before commenting.

From the article: "The show may loudly reward many of the wrong things but, if youíre willing to take the entire experience in your teeth and shake it until the good parts fall out, there are amazing experiences to be had and stories to be told. Donít listen to the endless articles about why E3 is on the way out; for one week the entire gaming world will be centralized in one location. It's hard to justify being any place else."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 16:57 CJ_Parker

Phuck E3 that retarded monkey circlejerk wankfest. PC games need crowdfunding and not that annual meeting of the industry's greatest asshats.

4. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 16:09 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 14:44 Fantaz

the comments section there is pretty funny... some interesting name calling. (see TheWulf's responses)  

2. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 14:36 Mashiki Amiketo

Yep an ass load of bullshit. Funny how those "indie devs" that have discovered the PC are making more money on it than they were with their "partnership" with consoles.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2014, 11:03 Axis

Just what pc indies need - to 'sign on' with deep pockets and a loud blowing mouth.

He basically makes the point that there's 'tons' of PC indies and they'll need the backing of large publishers to "get noticed".

Load of bullshit - do what you do, throw some money into smart advertising and if you have a solid fun game you won't be restricted creatively by some number crunching suits...

Yours truly,

Axis

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo