Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Elite Dangerous Trading Video

A new gameplay video posted by PC Gamer shows off how trading works in Elite Dangerous, Frontiers upcoming space combat remake that recently entered premium beta testing. They eight-minute video shows "how it all works, from docking, to hyperspace, to interdiction."

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

9. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 10:53 LgFriess

Damn that looks good! Can't wait. Going to finally get the TrackIR for this one. I may go Oculus Rift if motion sickness isn't too bad and if somebody can convince me I can still use my keyboard properly without being able to see it. I'll be playing with a Saitek X52 so maybe I won't need the KB anyway.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 09:57 dj LiTh

I can live with a 'huge' advantage to early adopters that achieved everything through gameplay and not a 2nd mortgage on their house to afford the pixel ship they're in.  

7. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 09:03 SpectralMeat

No subscription.
As for advantage, well the Alpha players have advantage over us beta players.
It's the way the cookie crumbles. Same goes for Star Citizen or any games that are released early.
However this game you can play in single player and you can safely ignore the MP all together if you wish.
Not sure I can say the same about SC

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 09:00 InBlack

Yeah, I have a feeling by the time they release the game all the beta players will have a huge advantage over us newbies. Still undecided on whether to play MP or SP. Will the multiplayer portion be subscription based or what?  

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 08:58 SpectralMeat

Yes NPCs. These areas are for new players to "grind" for cash to have some money to upgrade the ship, buy a new one or invest into some products to trade.
There are areas in the game where players hang out for PVP.

This video sums it up pretty well:
http://youtu.be/cJ4LgIyUmaE

4. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 08:52 InBlack

Hunting grounds? For what? NPC Pirates I assume?? Sounds much worse than it actually plays, I would hope.  

3. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 08:45 SpectralMeat

Speaking of interdiction, finally last night I've decided to play some MP as I've played all the single player scenarios and I am pretty good at controlling my ship now.

Jumped into MP spawned at the space station, selected one of the hunting grounds from the list of places to go to and off I went into super cruise. In the middle of nowhere a pirate pulled me out of super cruise and started scanning my cargo. I got pissed and opened fire at him. He was in a Cobra I was in my starter Sidewinder with a single pulse laser. Almost killed him and he ran away with 5% hull left.
Back into super cruise headed for the hunting ground ones again, then I am getting pulled out of SC again. Same fucker.

This went on for 2 more times however the last time he brought friends, one of the pirates was in a Lakon 9 heavy ship. As soon as I saw that I put all power to the engines and boosted away while flipped on charge the hyper drives so I can enter super cruise and gtfo.
Just as they opened fire on me I entered super cruise.
It was pretty exciting!

Finally made it to the hunting grounds and racked up some kills, flying with other players around. Everyone was super nice, not stealing each others kills and stuff. It was surprisingly enjoyable.
Nothing quiet like you and 5 other players shooting the shit out of a pirate Anaconda.
Made enough money to upgrade my guns but I didn't feel like flying back to a station to buy them as I was having too much fun killing pirates.
Maybe I'll do the trip tonight.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2014, 08:52.

2. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 08:44 nin

OK, I'm sold...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Elite Dangerous Trading Video Jun 5, 2014, 08:42 InBlack

Im at work so I only skimmed through the video (without sound) but I gotta say that looks fucking awesome.  

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo