Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I experienced something odd last night for the first time ever. I woke up from a dream, only to later wake up again, as I was dreaming I was having a dream. There's nothing to make this impossible, but I previously had assumed this was something that only happens in the movies. I should do a quick check to see if I can fly... maybe it'll turn out that I'm Neo.

Neo Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Last Legacy: Null Space.
Super Mario Racing 3.
Upgradaroids.
Link: Gift Guide: Life-Sized Vigo the Carpathian Poster.
Stories: George RR Martin's editor hints at eighth Game of Thrones book.
Video: Car fleeing from police goes through park, nearly hits children.
Maureen Dowd Tries Edible Marijuana And Has A Really, Really Bad Trip.
Science: Autistic boys exposed to higher levels of hormones in womb, study finds.
Introvert or extrovert? Most of us are ambiverts.
Images: The Communist Party of Serbia uses TF2 for their propaganda posters. Not kidding at all.
Media: Reactions to The Viper vs. The Mountain at The Burlington Bar.
Double amputee cat does flying handstand down stairs.
Follow-up: 'Mountain' from 'Game of Thrones' just as strong in real life as he is on the show. Thanks Batman.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 11:21 Soulburner

False awakenings are a normal occurrence. It may not be common but it's not rare either and no reason to be worried. It's just your mind is awake and the body isn't - sometimes the mind wishes to wake up but the REM phase is still on, so it may create a dream about it (we wake up rather regularly, so it's easy for the mind to generate such a scenario).

It's also a good "dream sign" people use to induce lucid dreaming. Maybe you should try it - it's fun!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 11:18 xXBatmanXx

Not a fan of Slate, but found this article about education and cost per child interesting....

Shit man, give me 26k a year per child, I will educate 4 children in my home, and I bet they score better than the average.....M-F, 8am-3pm, hell, I'll even car pool them from their home to my house to teach them. They will be educated, intelligent, in shape, knowledgeable about the world, etc etc etc.

I will even do it for the US average of 11k per student. Give me.....8 kids, all the same age. Be a fun experiment.

Pretty damn good argument for a voucher program....

/discuss....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 10:27 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 10:23:
Also 135$ for a poster of a fake (albeit cool) painting. I dunno, thats kind of expensive isnt it???
Yeah, seems a tad expensive, it is 7' by 4', though..

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 10:24 Ratty

Ack! Must avoid GoT spoilers. I'm almost caught up. Just 4 more shows on my DVR to go. I had a whole season and a half unwatched and have been having a marathon. I saw the Red Wedding Sunday night. I'd heard so much about it and thought it would be super disgusting, gory, or disturbing, but I did not expect THAT. Now I've been hearing about the duel with The Mountain and what an awesome scene it is and I have no idea whatsoever what will happen.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 10:23 InBlack

Also 135$ for a poster of a fake (albeit cool) painting. I dunno, thats kind of expensive isnt it???  

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 10:22 SlimRam

All my dreams and aspirations stopped the day after my wedding.

Coincidence?

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 10:08 InBlack

That editor's hint is more like wishful thinking on her part. Martin should finish the series in two more books. Anything else and the series gets too watered down. Many have mentioned him pulling a Jordan on us, and while that is a possibility Jordan's writing (and his series) took a huge fucking nosedive after book 3. This has not happened to Martin, yet. (Pleae note i dont equate PLOT to QUALITY)  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:59 Capella

1badmf wrote on Jun 4, 2014, 09:20:
cmon blue, that's totally more of an inception joke than a matrix one. maybe you should throw yourself out of bed to see if you can wake up one more time.

Yea you should of been looking around for Leo instead of Neo!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

6. Re: George RR Martin's editor hints at eighth book Jun 4, 2014, 09:22 Mr. Tact

*ugh* Increasing the odds I'll never read them because I refuse to do so until he finishes -- and it is looking more and more likely he won't finish before dying.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:20 1badmf

cmon blue, that's totally more of an inception joke than a matrix one. maybe you should throw yourself out of bed to see if you can wake up one more time.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:19 1badmf

after all the hype i've been hearing about that scene, it really didn't come close to the reality ahahaha good god that was fucking nasty.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:17 J

My question would be did he really wake up, or did he feel like he woke up, but was actually still in a dream? Sometimes I have felt like I had woken from a dream, but where I was still didn't feel real or make sense like this reality does.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 09:04 InBlack

Those reactions were hilarious, also you can tell pretty soon who read the books and who only watched the show...:)  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2014, 08:47 nin

I've only had that happen once myself, that I recall. And I dream pretty often...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo