Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record

Ubisoft follows up on news that Watch Dogs has established a one-day company sales record with news that the open-world hacking game has sold-through more than four million copies in its first week. They say this is not only a Ubisoft record, but it also makes Watch Dogs the bestselling new IP in history based on NPD and GFK data and internal estimates as of June 3, 2014. "With such strong sales momentum and positive feedback from gamers, Watch Dogs has positioned itself as the must-have game of the moment," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Ubisoft. "We’re really proud of this achievement, and are confident that the Watch Dogs brand has a promising future."

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:22 Dagnamit

jomisab wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:55:
<CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

In other news, nVidia is reporting a significant bump in recent sales of video cards with at least 3GB of VRAM. In fact, the newly released GTX 780 6GB variants are practically flying off the shelves.

</CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

I'm pretty glad I sprang for the 4gb gtx 760 when I bought my last video card. The devs have the ram on consoles now and, by god, they are going to use it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 16:07 Dirwulf

The story in the game so far is pretty boring. I've been playing for a week straight, but I did have to start over on day 2 because of the save game bug. I haven't even finished Act 2 yet, because I've been doing all the side missions and collectibles. I have been having fun, but I'm to the point that I kind of just want to do the missions and get the story over with already.

12. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 15:57 robdot

The game so far is way too busy, it's constantly bugging you with things to do. Too many systems, menus, and features..does this game really need focus??..(aka bullet time).. .it needed streamlined,,I also don't like games where I'm guided to shoot people for whom I have no real reason or motivation,,to shoot...why am I shooting these ctos guards? Just because they work for ctos? I'm murdering them,,why? I'm hacking people and stealing their money, then suddenly I'm concerned about someone else,,committing a crime...why? ..  

11. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 15:40 Luke

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:34:
. They say this is not only a Ubisoft record, but it also makes Watch Dogs the bestselling new IP in history based on NPD and GFK data and internal estimates as of June 3, 2014.

BS

Peak players on Steam is only 25k. Well below SEVERAL games. There is no way this set any records other than their own.

Peak players on Steam is only 25k. Well below SEVERAL games. There is no way this set any records other than their own.

And there is the problem , to much trust in one place steam is lucky not the only place peps buy/play Clown

10. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 15:39 wtf_man

Not buying it until I hear the controls are fixed for the PC. - Specifically Mouse and Keyboard for driving.

I fricken hate controllers so much that I plan to put a XIM4 on my PS4, when it comes out.

9. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 15:15 NKD

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:47:
. They say this is not only a Ubisoft record, but it also makes Watch Dogs the bestselling new IP in history based on NPD and GFK data and internal estimates as of June 3, 2014.

BS

Cause Steam stats represent Xbox and Playstation sale right?

Seriously, for better or worse, this game was the "poster child" for Next Gen consoles. It's going to be even more console-heavy on its sales than most titles. People literally bought consoles JUST for this game. Whether that was smart or not doesn't matter. That's how it goes. Also it's sell-through, so that's actual copies in the hands of people, not just rotting on shelves.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

8. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 15:01 Fantaz

jomisab wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:55:
<CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

In other news, nVidia is reporting a significant bump in recent sales of video cards with at least 3GB of VRAM. In fact, the newly released GTX 780 6GB variants are practically flying off the shelves.

</CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

you mean AMD cards?

7. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:55 jomisab

<CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

</CONSPIRACY_THEORY>

6. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:48 descender

A month ago who'd have thought Titanfall would not be the most over-hyped game of the year.  

5. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:47 Rattlehead

BS

Cause Steam stats represent Xbox and Playstation sale right?

4. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:46 Rattlehead

Towyn wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:39:
BS

peak players on steam does not equal sold copies on Steam, UPlay, XBone, PS4 combined. I'd expect a lot of people play this game on their fancy "next gen" consoles, ... funny, how my 4 year old gaming PC runs it at higher details than they do =P

Yea no, currently the performance is botched and even the best of the best graphics cards still can't run it properly. So no, you're 4 year old gaming PC ain't running it at a playable framerate on highest details.

3. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:39 Towyn

BS

peak players on steam does not equal sold copies on Steam, UPlay, XBone, PS4 combined. I'd expect a lot of people play this game on their fancy "next gen" consoles, ... funny, how my 4 year old gaming PC runs it at higher details than they do =P

2. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:39 Verno

Uh, they're including console sales in with that and you have to remember the game is being sold widely on UPlay in addition to Steam. In fact most places are selling PC codes on Uplay, not Steam.

I have no problem believing they hit those sales figures, there was a lot of pent up demand for the game and its release period is very quiet.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

1. Re: Watch Dogs Claims Sales Record Jun 3, 2014, 14:34 xXBatmanXx

BS

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo