Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

WildStar Head Start Underway

The WildStar website announces that Head Start access is now underway for those who have preordered Carbine's MMORPG. They are still offering preorders for those interested in participating, and the science fiction romp will launch officially on Tuesday. Here's the recently released preorder trailer.

View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 18:12 .Drifter

Harrowing wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 06:41:
.Drifter wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 03:51:
Launch has been one of the rougher ones I've seen.
DDoS attach at launch?
Check!
Issues logging in for hours after headstart began (Due to DDoS and other reasons)?
Check!
Issues claiming items for playing the beta/preordering (at least at first)?
Check!
Characters showing in their underwear on the login screen after you swap out the first set of armor?
Check!
Servers down for hours tonight after maintenance because "something is going on"?
Check!
All in all, the game interests me, but getting a little annoyed.

I presume this is your first mmo launch?
They actually handled everything very efficiently.
Constant updates and information on what's going on.
They opened 7 new servers within 12 hours of launching... they clearly underestimated how popular their game was... which is a good sign.

Look at AoC launch or ESO or SWTOR... Wildstar's has been epic compared to those clusterfucks.

Well, you presume wrong. Been playing MMO's for going on 15+ years.
If I might inquire, what, pray tell, in my comment would lead you to presume this was my first MMO?
It is but a statement of my own opinion based on personal experience with other MMO's. Never stated others had better or worse launches, in fact I didn't compare it to any other MMO launch at all.
That being said, I usually don't get only to play until 11pm central or after most nights, due to work, so possibly that's why I don't seem to have had as many launch issues with games as most seem to, and given the time I have to play, Wildstar has been one of the rougher launches. Roughest? Not by far, just rougher.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 09:02 Quinn

Still absolutely loving every single bit out of ESO. I'd almost say that ESO is for the adults and this WoW clone for the kids, and that's alright. ESO is the first MMO that truly values immersion and a rather laid-back type gaming like the rest of the Elders, while this WoW clone values... powerleveling.
Almost.

This or that, I've left the days of WoW ergo its clones behind me. If you share those values, however, enjoy!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

41. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 06:41 Harrowing

.Drifter wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 03:51:
DDoS attach at launch?
Check!
Issues logging in for hours after headstart began (Due to DDoS and other reasons)?
Check!
Check!
Characters showing in their underwear on the login screen after you swap out the first set of armor?
Check!
Servers down for hours tonight after maintenance because "something is going on"?
Check!

I presume this is your first mmo launch?
They actually handled everything very efficiently.
Constant updates and information on what's going on.
They opened 7 new servers within 12 hours of launching... they clearly underestimated how popular their game was... which is a good sign.

Look at AoC launch or ESO or SWTOR... Wildstar's has been epic compared to those clusterfucks.

40. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 05:52 InBlack

If I wanted to play an MMO with a subscription fee today, I would probably go back to Age of Conan. I dont think any other MMORPG comes close at this point. (At this point, not at launch)  

I have a nifty blue line!

39. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 3, 2014, 03:51 .Drifter

DDoS attach at launch?
Check!
Check!
Check!
Check!
Check!

38. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 23:32 Orogogus

Fantaz wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 23:20:
not sure what sempei wrote but Blue just posts news, afaik he doesn't hold any bias towards one game or another.

It's always the same two or three things that get posts deleted. You posted spam, or you directly attacked another poster. Or maybe it's the ethnic slurs and homophobia one, I don't know. I never know what to think when people with hundreds or thousands of posts attack another poster and then start abloo ablooing about echo chambers or whatever. It's like watching people fail INT checks in real life.

There are only four rules. Is this really hard?

37. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 23:20 Fantaz

Glykon wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 23:11:
Complete crap. Uninstalled in less than 1 hour

This... i played it for around an hour but then quickly got rid of it after. not really a fan of MMOs but wanted to try it after ESO, and playing it reminded of why i don't play MMOs to begin with.

not sure what sempei wrote but Blue just posts news, afaik he doesn't hold any bias towards one game or another.

36. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 23:11 Glykon

Complete crap. Uninstalled in less than 1 hour  

35. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 16:59 HorrorScope

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 16:42:
Hey, It's all good! You keep on supporting the cunts on your site Blue!

Sincerely Fuck you.

Tyrant. Like we aren't allowed to have our own opinions. Look at yourself first, improve and then come back. I didn't get to read your removed comments, but if what I write hurts, too bad. I'm a critic and I don't give any game/genre a free pass.

We very well could be jaded gamers, the industry was somewhat like this prior to FPS/Mouselook. We get bored with the same ole. Quality VR can't get here fast enough.

34. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 16:42 Sempai

Pfft..

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 03:46.

33. Re: removed Jun 2, 2014, 16:38 Sempai

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 14:36:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 2, 2014, 15:30.
''

Really? That's some bullshit!

32. removed Jun 2, 2014, 14:36 Sempai

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 2, 2014, 15:30.

31. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 13:05 Slashman

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:55:
PHJF wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 07:54:
Does it do anything new? No. Who cares?

Everybody cares? Which is why this like countless products before it will fail in short order?

Yeah, that's why Blizzard has made an entire career doing this very thing. Nothing new, and doing it well.

Maybe you should consider getting off your lawn chair, and taking the red pill and wake up. Or have you become so old and jaded, you just prefer to bitch about everything video games, and not enjoy one of them?

Yeah! That's why there are so many successful MMOs out there using the WoW formula...oh wait!

30. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 12:52 HorrorScope

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 09:55:

Everybody cares? Which is why this like countless products before it will fail in short order?

Yeah, that's why Blizzard has made an entire career doing this very thing. Nothing new, and doing it well.

Maybe you should consider getting off your lawn chair, and taking the red pill and wake up. Or have you become so old and jaded, you just prefer to bitch about everything video games, and not enjoy one of them?

I bitch extra loud at MMO's doing the same thing over and over. There is literally 1000 MMO's, most end up being way way too similar and grinding pastures sucks ass to me anymore. At least things like EQ Next and a few others are working toward building and creating user communities.

Hell I don't feel bad about it, going to MMO centric web sites, that is the main plea from the overall user base. Now are there exceptions? Certainly. Still many thousands love MMO's, but a lot I think it is fair to say have been turned off by the lack of anything different happening.

29. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 12:47 HorrorScope

Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 07:40:
Does it do anything new? No. Who cares? Is it fun? Sure.

Well please ask questions and let us answer...

Does it do anything new? No. (You agree)

Who cares? I do, for me to play a MMO it now has to do something very new.

Is it fun? Lots of games are. Most are less than $60/$15.

Fun isn't hard to find these days in video games. Something new definitely is hard to find in MMO's. Something new isn't hard to find in the Indy scene at under $25.

One noted that this has been in the oven for 9 years, get that. But I can only judge based on where we are now at release.

28. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 12:44 HorrorScope

Harrowing wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 04:11:
I like how these peasants see a screenshot and immediately dismiss it as a WoW clone. It plays nothing like WoW. Peasants.

There going to need the peasants dollars, the nobles are out banging chicks not playing video games.

27. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 09:55 Sempai

26. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 09:12 Nom4d

Darks wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 08:26:
These guys are using the same tech they build WOW with over 10 years ago. So it damn well better run at a high frame rate.

And what tech might that be? I'm asking since you seem to know quite well what goes on under the hood at Wildstar.

25. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 09:09 Harrowing

Darks wrote on Jun 2, 2014, 08:26:
Now that it's out of beta, i'm quite enjoying it. And Carbine appear to be doing a wonderful job communicating, and stomping out early access issues.

runs at 60fps w/all eye candy up, looks great,

I’m sure it runs very well at 60 frames. Why shouldn’t it, its running on older tech. These guys are using the same tech they build WOW with over 10 years ago. So it damn well better run at a high frame rate.

Just because they're using a similar art-style doesn't mean it's the "same tech". Here's an ignorant cookie for not know what the fck you're talking about.

24. Re: WildStar Head Start Underway Jun 2, 2014, 08:26 Darks

Now that it's out of beta, i'm quite enjoying it. And Carbine appear to be doing a wonderful job communicating, and stomping out early access issues.

runs at 60fps w/all eye candy up, looks great,

I’m sure it runs very well at 60 frames. Why shouldn’t it, its running on older tech. These guys are using the same tech they build WOW with over 10 years ago. So it damn well better run at a high frame rate.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo