Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Memorial Metaverse

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 27, 2014, 08:59 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2014, 13:01:
Much as I hate Twitter it's not like they have a choice. It's either that or don't do business there. Ars on the other hand censor people all the time and it's not government mandated, so who's the greater evil.
Are you talking about censorship of comments? Or do they have forums or something? Even without knowing for certain what you are talking about, I suspect Ars comes no where close to the level of censorship used by Pakistan.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 27, 2014, 08:42 Verno

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2014, 17:50:
I disagree. I think their policing and censoring in the forums are very heavy handed when it applies to anything that is with the "in" crowd there. I see their regulars taking shots at those with dissenting opinions all the time and not get called on it. It's very much a hipster leftist club.

Nah, Blue just lets you get away with a lot here. Ars also has a low tolerance for ad homs. As long as you stay away from that and trolling in general Ars is a great site. If anything I think they're a bit lenient compared to sites like SA and PA.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

5. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 27, 2014, 08:40 nin

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2014, 17:50:
I see their regulars taking shots at those with dissenting opinions all the time and not get called on it. It's very much a hipster leftist club.

OK, tell me you don't see the slightest bit of irony here...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 27, 2014, 03:19 jdreyer

Gotta agree with Vernon on this one. The only moderated comments on Ars I've seen were only the most egregious trolls.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 26, 2014, 17:50 Cutter

I disagree. I think their policing and censoring in the forums are very heavy handed when it applies to anything that is with the "in" crowd there. I see their regulars taking shots at those with dissenting opinions all the time and not get called on it. It's very much a hipster leftist club.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 26, 2014, 13:23 Verno

Ars enforces quality standards more than they "censor" anything which frankly makes it a lot more pleasant to read. Not exactly uncommon either, most websites do it including this one to some extent. I hold a number of conservative views and have never found myself censored on Ars which is mostly liberal.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

1. Re: Memorial Metaverse May 26, 2014, 13:01 Cutter

Much as I hate Twitter it's not like they have a choice. It's either that or don't do business there. Ars on the other hand censor people all the time and it's not government mandated, so who's the greater evil.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo