Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Watch Dogs Videos

Here's a PS4 launch trailer for Watch Dogs that mentions PS4 exclusive content, but shows off Ubisoft's upcoming open-world action game in general (thanks nin). Also, the first review of the game is online thanks to Clueless GamerConan O'Brien. Finally, this new video promotes Watch Dogs with episode one of a new three-part series called "Phreaked Out" that talks to real security experts about the kind of hacking exploits found in the game. Word is: "The series explores how many of the technologies and modern advances that make our lives more efficient, enjoyable, and safe are becoming increasingly susceptible to attack. Episode One heads to Los Angeles to examine the state of hacking traffic networks, and ultimately concludes that only one thing is certain: with enough determination, nothing is secure." This contains no gameplay footage, though when we viewed it we got to see a Watch Dogs ad preceding this Watch Dogs ad.

View
65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

65. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 26, 2014, 19:40 Mordecai Walfish

Jerykk wrote on May 26, 2014, 06:37:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:38:
It's pretty sad that UBIsoft had such piss-poor timing with the release. Everyone who pirated this fucker is playing it over the holiday weekend, while the rest of us suckers and our useless preorders have to wait until the work-week starts again.

Pretty sure they didn't plan for the game to be leaked and pirated so early. They could have released the game last Tuesday but then they'd be competing with Wolfenstein and Transistor. To my knowledge, there are no other high profile releases on the 27th.

I was just venting. :-/ I dont know why every game under the sun has decided that Tuesday has to be release day, probably some bean-counter optimized schtick but they could have released it on Friday morning at the beginning of the holiday weekend.. I don't think that would have detracted from sales in the slightest. The 3 games are completely different genres with appeal to a wide range of gamers..

Ah well, no harm done, I actually got to play through south park with a second character this weekend (Jew) and it was a riot. It's nice to have a good South Park game to return to =)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

64. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 26, 2014, 06:37 Jerykk

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2014, 22:38:
It's pretty sad that UBIsoft had such piss-poor timing with the release. Everyone who pirated this fucker is playing it over the holiday weekend, while the rest of us suckers and our useless preorders have to wait until the work-week starts again.

Pretty sure they didn't plan for the game to be leaked and pirated so early. They could have released the game last Tuesday but then they'd be competing with Wolfenstein and Transistor. To my knowledge, there are no other high profile releases on the 27th.

63. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 26, 2014, 06:30 Jerykk

Does the steam version not launch uplay? Saving money is great, but one of the reasons I'm still not pulling the trigger is having to split games off from steam if I got it from GMG. I've had HORRIBLE luck with Uplay in the past on AC4 and other games.

All of Ubisoft's first-party games require Uplay regardless of where you buy them. Watch Dogs on Steam will simply launch Uplay and then Watch Dogs from there.

62. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 23:49 Linksil

Batman: If it's 1 hour or 1 min, it doesn't matter, it's still gameplay that should have been included in the base game.

Does the steam version not launch uplay? Saving money is great, but one of the reasons I'm still not pulling the trigger is having to split games off from steam if I got it from GMG. I've had HORRIBLE luck with Uplay in the past on AC4 and other games.

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

61. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 23:23 xXBatmanXx

Linksil wrote on May 25, 2014, 13:36:
I'm having a really really hard time with this one. While I want to preorder to get the whole game, I know I will stop after a few hours if the kb/m controls are even close to what people have been talking about in here and other threads. Then again they can fix controls pretty easy with patches... but they won't fix it because well most of the time other then DLC bugs just stay in release games.

You only get an hour of extra "game time" with the DLC. The outfits can probably be purchased in game, and the upgrades to your abilites are all things that can be obtained early on.

That being said, GMG still has he 25% off, you can get the vanilla game for about $40.00. Just be aware your copy will reside at UPlay. So it is more expensive to go to Steam or box copy, but.....I dunno...pick your poison.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

60. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 21:17 Jerykk

Cancelled my pre-order. It's too fishy that they're spending all this time on viral videos and shit instead of allowing their game to be reviewed after it's been gold for so long.

They've shown plenty of gameplay footage. Having embargos that don't lift until release is a standard practice. It's in no way an indication of a crappy game. Wolfenstein and Transistor both had release day embargos.

59. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 18:35 Mordecai Walfish

Cancelled my pre-order. It's too fishy that they're spending all this time on viral videos and shit instead of allowing their game to be reviewed after it's been gold for so long.

Been burned by shady publisher practices too many times in the past to not think there's something up here.

I pretty much never pre-order games anyways so this was a bit unusual for me, I think it's just the GTAV starvation I'm currently facing.. making me do silly things like pre-order games.

"Oh we'll let VICE and Conan O'brien promote it for us and keep any legitimate review service from spilling the beans until *after* we have all that sweet pre-order loot"

Not buying into your schtick, UBIsoft.

58. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 13:36 Linksil

I'm having a really really hard time with this one. While I want to preorder to get the whole game, I know I will stop after a few hours if the kb/m controls are even close to what people have been talking about in here and other threads. Then again they can fix controls pretty easy with patches... but they won't fix it because well most of the time other then DLC bugs just stay in release games.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

57. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 08:19 xXBatmanXx

Anyone else get their copy early? Been quiet.

Looking forward to the MP stuff....see how that works.

This comment was edited on May 25, 2014, 10:08.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

56. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 25, 2014, 06:27 xXBatmanXx

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 24, 2014, 20:28:
McJammiepants wrote on May 24, 2014, 16:50:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2014, 09:09:
Have 3-4 hours in the game - there is no way the PC was lead platform - it just isn't possible.

As stated, the menu and UI is direct console version. Large text and boxes, terrible mouse input, weird mouse movement, etc.

Weapon wheel is really f-d up. Hold tab then go around, but then there are multiple selections for each item, and it isn't easy to switch. Just a mess.

Because the mouse stuff is so jacked up, gun fights are a nightmare - I guess I could turn on auto aim.

If the PC was lead platform, none of the UI stuff would be this bad. It is absolutely unacceptable in 2014 for this stuff to be like this.

It honestly feels like an arcade driving game with running elements put in afterwards. It lacks polish. Remember the last few Driver games? Where you could get out of the car and run around - yea, it feels THAT bad.

I agree with everything you have written here. It's a shame too, because it resides near the border of great game territory, while crippling itself enough to exist on the side of frustrating deficiency.

The sluggish controls continually pull me out of a sense of immersion, which amplifies the annoyance of a console oriented UI. They got close, but it isn't likely a game I will be going back to after a week, or so.

That's some really disappointing feedback. The lack of reviews so close to release has me equally worried at this point. Comparing it to driver 2/3 on playstation 1/2? WOW.

no! The newest ones that you could get out of your car.

55. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 20:28 Mordecai Walfish

McJammiepants wrote on May 24, 2014, 16:50:
Have 3-4 hours in the game - there is no way the PC was lead platform - it just isn't possible.

As stated, the menu and UI is direct console version. Large text and boxes, terrible mouse input, weird mouse movement, etc.

Weapon wheel is really f-d up. Hold tab then go around, but then there are multiple selections for each item, and it isn't easy to switch. Just a mess.

Because the mouse stuff is so jacked up, gun fights are a nightmare - I guess I could turn on auto aim.

If the PC was lead platform, none of the UI stuff would be this bad. It is absolutely unacceptable in 2014 for this stuff to be like this.

It honestly feels like an arcade driving game with running elements put in afterwards. It lacks polish. Remember the last few Driver games? Where you could get out of the car and run around - yea, it feels THAT bad.

I agree with everything you have written here. It's a shame too, because it resides near the border of great game territory, while crippling itself enough to exist on the side of frustrating deficiency.

The sluggish controls continually pull me out of a sense of immersion, which amplifies the annoyance of a console oriented UI. They got close, but it isn't likely a game I will be going back to after a week, or so.

That's some really disappointing feedback. The lack of reviews so close to release has me equally worried at this point. Comparing it to driver 2/3 on playstation 1/2? WOW.

54. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 16:50 McJammiepants

53. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 09:09 xXBatmanXx

52. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 05:13 Mordecai Walfish

Fantaz wrote on May 24, 2014, 02:25:
signs of a crappy PC port... bad mouselook (not direct input, but laggy console analog stick emulation style, with anti-acceleration), in-game UI controls poorly with KB+m (navigating Aiden's cell phone with mouse emulating right stick, and can't freelook in this mode), poor performance (pauses for a few seconds randoms and chugs at times on best computer), random visual artifacts, bugs, crashes, low res UI (for better 360/PS3 readability?), etc. i am disappointed to hear about these. prolly will wait for the game to be patched up and heavily discounted before i consider it a worthy purchase just yet.

Direct mouse input isnt too much of a concern for me in this.. it's not like the developers want you to spin around like a dreidel with unrealistic, fake looking 1:1 mouse movement when youre turning. Aiming in your FOV would ideally not be cumbersome though.. we'll see =)

51. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 03:21 Zoom

TheWitcher wrote on May 24, 2014, 03:14:
I'm a bit worried about the phrases in that launch trailer.

"Remarkable" -IGN

Yeah, probably the whole quote would be "Remarkable how this is way over hyped"

50. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 03:14 TheWitcher

That's always my biggest fear with games these days; the mouse. Very few developers do it properly anymore.

I'm a bit worried about the phrases in that launch trailer.

"Remarkable" -IGN

49. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 02:25 Fantaz

signs of a crappy PC port... bad mouselook (not direct input, but laggy console analog stick emulation style, with anti-acceleration), in-game UI controls poorly with KB+m (navigating Aiden's cell phone with mouse emulating right stick, and can't freelook in this mode), poor performance (pauses for a few seconds randoms and chugs at times on best computer), random visual artifacts, bugs, crashes, low res UI (for better 360/PS3 readability?), etc. i am disappointed to hear about these. prolly will wait for the game to be patched up and heavily discounted before i consider it a worthy purchase just yet.  

48. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 01:51 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 23, 2014, 21:58:
Cars are terrible as expected.
Motorcycle is wayyyy to touchy, as others had stated from watching videos.

Dammit...

Thanks for the early impression, Bats!

47. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 01:10 Caladell

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 23, 2014, 21:58:
Caladell wrote on May 23, 2014, 20:26:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 23, 2014, 16:58:
Anyone playing yet? It is everywhere.....

Hrm...apparently YOU are. Let us know how it is

First impressions: ...

Nice. Thanks for the comments. I'm still torn on getting this right away. My main concern is how it would run on my computer.

46. Re: Watch Dogs Videos May 24, 2014, 00:32 nin

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2014, 23:26:
Damn.. here's hoping you get a surprise in the mail tomorrow then! My digital key still won't work until Tuesday unfortunately..

Na, it doesn't look like the order has changed status @ amazon, and I'd expect to see a pending charge right now if it did.

If I'm lucky it might ship tomorrow, but that means it won't be here until Tues, with the holiday...

I guess this is the one time living close to an amazon distribution center doesn't pay off...they know they can ship at the last minute and still get it here.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

65 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo