Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?

A recent Twitch interview with Minh "Gooseman" Le includes some quotes from the Counter-Strike co-creator and Tactical Intervention creator about Half-Life 3, saying he has seen concept art from the shooter sequel, and that Valve is "working on it" (thanks NowGamer). The ex-Valve employee starts by saying "I don't know if I can talk about that," before doing so, ending by saying he thinks that it's "old news" and that "everyone kind of knows it's being worked on." He then goes on to express his excitement over another unannounced project, the "new Left for Dead." He jokes about being in trouble for the Half-Life revelation, but also clearly thinks that both games have already been announced in some form. Here we have transcribed the parts pertinent to the two games:

"I think it's kind of public knowledge that people know that it is being worked on, and so if I say 'yeah, I've seen some images, like some concept art of it,' you know, that wouldn't be big news. I guess I could say that I did see something that looked like kind of in the Half-Life universe. It wouldn't surprise anyone if I said 'yeah, they're working on it,' so I guess to go on a limb, I would say yeah, I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3."
"The one thing I am really excited about is Left 4 Dead, the new Left 4 Dead... It wouldn't be any news if I said I saw it and it looks great. So, I was really excited when I saw that, I was like 'wow, this looks great'. Because I really loved Left 4 Dead, it's just one of those games that changed the industry."

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? Aug 19, 2014, 11:36 Jackplug

Might aswell wish for the lottery!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 23:34 harlock

talk to me goose  

42. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 19:32 Fantaz

this is funny how Gooseman is getting so much free press now from this. all the media outlets are picking up this story.  

41. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 12:46 Xero

YEEEEESSS! Give me Left 4 Dead!  

Currently playing: Skyrim

40. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 11:45 Creston

Whiskers wrote on May 23, 2014, 09:46:
I don't even remember the story outside of Half Life 1.

Aliens invade Earth. A resistance fights back, led by a mute scientist who has achieved near-messianic status. There's also a guy in a blue suit who is very mysterious.

There. The story of Half-Life.

39. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 10:39 Linksil

They did this on purpose... it's a mislead. We're not getting HL3 but HL Ep3 instead! SO after X years of waiting we'll get another 4h slice to wet it up for the XXX years of waiting for HL3. While I'm glad valve isn't cranking out a HL game every year, I would like to see some forward progress in the story.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

38. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 09:46 Whiskers

Kajetan wrote on May 23, 2014, 05:46:
A possible HL3 hint and only 30 comments so far? Valve would be smart to NOT make HL3. There is no interest in it anymore

I never really got into Half Life 2, or both episodes for it, so I'm not really that excited about a Half Life 3. I don't even remember the story outside of Half Life 1. My favorite part of the entire series is still when the marines show up in the first game.

37. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 08:49 Wookiestick

I'm excited for both, but honestly I have more anticipation for L4D3.  

Love thy wookie.

36. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 07:27 Wesp5

Dagnamit wrote on May 22, 2014, 20:58:
fair enough, but what was the last game Valve (in house) released?

officially DOTA 2. last year. I don't really think CS:GO counts (not sure how much Hidden Path did of that one), but it was out in 2012. Portal 2, a 3 platform game, released in 2011. L4D1 and 2 in 2009 and 2010.

I think he was asking about (in house) games, in like not just a mod team brought into the house to pimp up their mod and release it as a commercial game...

35. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 07:22  Blue 

Wallshadows wrote on May 22, 2014, 22:45:
the person who transcribed it must have been on the boss's shit list.

You are right... the boss hates me.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

34. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 05:59 Optimaximal

...which for some reason gives me the feeling the graphics won't be as good as UE4 maybe.

Who cares? Source's graphics weren't necessarily as good as Unreal 2/3, but it made up for it in other ways.

33. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 05:46 Kajetan

A possible HL3 hint and only 30 comments so far? Valve would be smart to NOT make HL3. There is no interest in it anymore  

32. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 05:31 Prez

"I think it's kind of public knowledge that people know that it is being worked on,..."

Is it? How would it be? How do we know everyone at Valve isn't working on completely unrelated stuff? They aren't exactly the most forthcoming company. There hasn't been a damn word has been said about HL3 in several years now - anyone could be forgiven for thinking Valve has moved on to greener pastures after all this time.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

31. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 23, 2014, 04:55 Fantaz

noticed at the 41:20 mark he talks about Source 2.0, and how Unreal/Unity pretty much does everything Steam does (and more?), which for some reason gives me the feeling the graphics won't be as good as UE4 maybe.  

30. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 23:50 Task

Sepharo wrote on May 22, 2014, 22:43:
I've said it before... If Valve employees can work on whatever they want (and they can) you better believe there's a group who spend their time working on HL3.

This is what I assumed as well. I imagine HL3 is going through development hell and several engine iterations or changes. It was the same deal with HL2 when they apparently kept changing stuff during its development.

29. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 22:48 Creston

*dismissive wank* *dismissive wank*

Stay tuned for the third episode, coming soon!

28. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 22:45 Wallshadows

I would rather reread Dante's Inferno than anything this Gooseman guy says or writes. Those two paragraphs are simply awful, let alone the rest which I am sure is just as bad, and the person who transcribed it must have been on the boss's shit list.  

27. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 22:43 Sepharo

I've said it before... If Valve employees can work on whatever they want (and they can) you better believe there's a group who spend their time working on HL3.  

26. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 22:21 Slick

$10 space bucks says that it'll be HL3 and L4D3 in some sort of orangeish type box for the new consoles. probably 3 years into the consoles lifespan, let's say 2016?

either that or they're going to keep it as a PLATFORM exclusive, being apart of every steambox sold. that and/or PC. this would be another way to draw customers to their exclusive stuff like steam, just like they did with HL2.

but who actually remembers the HL2 launch?

25. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 22:15 Kosumo

Could be worse, you could go AFKNZ (away from keys,now Zombie)  

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo