Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update

The Age of Conan website announces celebrations are underway to mark the sixth anniversary of the launch of Funcom's barbaric MMORPG. The celebration includes a big PvP update and events that will run for the next two weeks. Here's the deal:

Shadows of the past
Play now to take part in a fresh event in Hyboria! Travel through the sewers of Tarantia and take on the Red Hand, as they are plotting against king Conan himself! Uncover more layers of deception and discover that the true plans of treachery go much deeper. Go back to Tortage and the Acheronian ruins to face off against the true malevolent power behind this new assault!

Free Treasure Chests
The Treasure Chest and the Grand Treasure Chest have just been added to the in-game Item Shop. These brand new chests grant powerful rewards and on Friday the 23rd of May all Members will get a Grand Treasure Chest and every non-Member will get a Treasure Chest as a free gift! (If you become a Member before Friday you will get your Grand Treasure Chest). To claim your free gift you must log in before the 31st of May.

Festival of Bloodshed
Age of Conan just got its biggest PvP update ever with the all new PvP Festival system! Every month there will be a festival week where everyone can take part in brand new PvP events, do fresh PvP Quests and get their hands on unique rewards. The first ever PvP Festival week starts tomorrow on the 21st of May! Learn more about this huge new PvP system from Lead Content Designer Matthew Bennett here.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 27, 2014, 08:40 Mr. Tact

Ant wrote on May 24, 2014, 21:36:
I still have the game box unopened. I still haven't tried it. :/ Is it worth even trying? I liked the movies.
The owners of the game appreciate your participation.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 24, 2014, 21:36 Ant

I still have the game box unopened. I still haven't tried it. :/ Is it worth even trying? I liked the movies.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

12. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 14:10 dj LiTh

I made it to about 40 at launch, 1-20 was an absolute blast. I really loved it, and then the curtain was revealed....those next 20 levels i think i was drunk..  

11. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 07:48 InBlack

Ok just read that its free to play, or rather free to try. You cant really do anything without having access to the premium content.  

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 21, 2014, 03:55 InBlack

This game is at 6 years old finally has the content that was promised at launch. The game is not bad. Its definitely one of the more original MMO's I have played and has some of the best combat Ive yet seen in any MMO.

I did make it off the island but the content was so sparse that the grind was too excessive to get anywhere near a proper level. But the open world PvP was hugely enjoyable, and an even bigger dissapointment when you figured out that the large siege battles that were promised and player owned keeps laregly missing or bugged.

If it was free to play today I would probably log in and check it out. For a monthly fee though? No way...

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 23:46 Jivaro

I could never make it off the island. Every major patch or expansion I revisit the game...every time I quit at or before lvl 20. There can be no doubt that they have made sweeping changes and dramatic improvements, but unfortunately they haven't made it into a game that can hold my attention. It feels like Funcom is doomed to making MMOs that look great on paper but fall flat in reality. (edit: it should be noted that in all fairness, having not made it off the island doesn't really give me a full picture of the game)

Some people claim Secret World is good...I have the same problem with SW that I do AoC. Can't get passed the early levels because my interest level just isn't maintained. It is like there is a secret MMO ingredient and they are missing it.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2014, 00:01.

8. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 23:19 shinchan0s

LittleMe wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:26:
Does anyone have something to say in comments besides beating the game up? As in, saying something insightful and current about the game?

Well, ummm I guess I like the first movie better than the books... and there goes all my nerd cred.

As for the game? Not a damn thing.

7. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 23:08 Sneakycamper

Yes it is still F2P and have $14.99 a month fee with Bonus Extras and Fun for the Whole Family on what "Bad Grandpa" does on his time off playing his lvl 80s toons most females without cloths and a Great time!!

6. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 22:16 Bill Borre

Julio pretty much sums it up. The first island is fun. The rest...not so much.  

5. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 22:12 Total-Khaos

LittleMe wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:26:
Does anyone have something to say in comments besides beating the game up? As in, saying something insightful and current about the game?

...um, pretty sure they still got bare virtual boobies, so that's a plus I guess.

4. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 21:26 LittleMe

Perpetual debt is slavery.

3. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 21:07 Julio

I'm shocked that this still is being played by anyone. I had fun for the first little while, then the gameplay took a nose dive after the initial island.  

2. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 20:10 nin

Never played it, but this always made me giggle...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Age of Conan Turns Six; Adds PvP Update May 20, 2014, 20:08 Cutter

Cereal? This thing is still alive?

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo