Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

X Rebirth 2.0 Released

Egosoft announces the release of a new version 2.0 of X Rebirth on Steam. Though this is a point release subtitled "Secret Service Missions," there is no new content, though it does add new ships, missile types, and other new features to enhance the game. Word is: "After considerable effort and with an eye to all the great feedback we've received, X Rebirth 2.0 represents a major update for a wide variety of gameplay mechanics." Here's an official launch trailer and here's a bit on what's new:

• New playership modifications allowing for different cockpit configurations for special purposes.
  • Two new configurable radar modes for the event monitor
  • An autopilot for your playership
  • Several new commands for ships in your squad, permitting much finer control over their actions.
  • A massive overhaul of the game’s balancing, as well as the introduction of three difficulty levels, and achievements for the new difficulty level "hard.”
  • Multiple new gamestarts in different areas of the universe specially tailored for traders, builders or fighters
  • A set of beautiful new capital ships which are especially useful for trading in Omicron Lyrae
  • An overhauled visual look and feel resulting from improved shaders and soft shadows
  • Lots of UI and menu improvements
  • Ability to deal remotely with lots of NPCs without the need to land on stations
  • Redesigned highway gameplay
  • Better support for joysticks

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 15:55 Burrito of Peace

netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 13:03:
Burrito of Peace wrote on May 21, 2014, 11:30:
Having worked with Mr. Roberts at both Digital Anvil and Origin, I know he is very passionate about space sims and that he will, eventually, bring about a solid title.
Did you clean his desk? or did he just keep a piece of skirt like you around for funzies?

Now, now. No need to get your Vaseline smeared panties in a wad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 15:42 Slashman

netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 14:01:
I meant first person character perspective, not FPS. There doesn't need to be the shooter element. I have Wolfenstein for the FPS genre

I'd like to be able to get out of the captains chair and go fix something on the ship or just move around and explore, rather than be stuck in a chair pushing UI buttons.

Well Rebirth is still not the game for that. Nothing of worth doing on stations (not to mention that all the character models seem to have been drawn by people competing in some kind of ugly-art contest).

In this case, Egosoft could have left that part out and simply concentrated on creating more of the game. Heaven knows why they would decide to add station walking a year before release when it was never going to be there in the first place.

They could have just drawn a nice variety of scenes with the NPCs in them and have the player transition to them as representing movement through stations without trying for an FP experience.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2014, 17:07.

54. Re: shhhhhhh May 21, 2014, 15:21 harlock

netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 13:01:
harlock wrote on May 21, 2014, 12:19:
netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 10:30:
PS my partner donated to that scam what feels like years ago

your business partner?
No, my gay sex bumming partner, who is also my business partner... if you know what I mean, eh eh *nudge nudge* bum sex *wink*

mixing business and pleasure is risky business!

53. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 14:01 netnerd85

Slashman wrote on May 21, 2014, 13:28:
No. And there is a really good reason for that:

Mixing all that crap together and making it come out as an engaging and coherent whole is next to impossible, Not to mention, unlikely to be worth the time and effort.

Different genres of games exist or a reason. They don't all go well together. If you like FPSes, you should play them. If you like space sim/trading/exploration you should play X3:AP.
I meant first person character perspective, not FPS. There doesn't need to be the shooter element. I have Wolfenstein for the FPS genre

I'd like to be able to get out of the captains chair and go fix something on the ship or just move around and explore, rather than be stuck in a chair pushing UI buttons.

52. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 13:28 Slashman

netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 09:01:
Slashman wrote on May 21, 2014, 08:54:
netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 07:21:
InBlack wrote on May 21, 2014, 05:58:
netnerd85 wrote on May 21, 2014, 05:05:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 20, 2014, 10:47:
I don't know if they can redeeem themselves in time. Some big space games are coming out soon that will blow this terrible mistake called X-rebirth out of the water.
Such a missed opportunity.
This past weekend I broke down and paid into the Elite Dangerous beta. Been playing the single player portion over the weekend. It is fantastic. Can't wait for the beta to start in 2 weeks.

http://youtu.be/GcyMAOZg8ds

http://youtu.be/74XVP7bWJ20
What other games?

Does Elite Dangerous have explorable space stations/first person?

Really? Thats what you want? Explorable space stations, first person? This is what you are looking for in a space-sim EXPLORATION/FIGHTING/TRADING game???
Christ...
Yes, minus the christ part, I don't want any religion in my games thank you!

That's really the main part I am looking for

Perhaps a true FPS game is more what you need.
Do you know a FPS game where you can travel through space on a ship, battle and trade?

No. And there is a really good reason for that:

Mixing all that crap together and making it come out as an engaging and coherent whole is next to impossible, Not to mention, unlikely to be worth the time and effort.

Different genres of games exist or a reason. They don't all go well together. If you like FPSes, you should play them. If you like space sim/trading/exploration you should play X3:AP.

51. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 13:03 netnerd85

Having worked with Mr. Roberts at both Digital Anvil and Origin, I know he is very passionate about space sims and that he will, eventually, bring about a solid title.
Did you clean his desk? or did he just keep a piece of skirt like you around for funzies?

50. Re: shhhhhhh May 21, 2014, 13:01 netnerd85

harlock wrote on May 21, 2014, 12:19:

your business partner?
No, my gay sex bumming partner, who is also my business partner... if you know what I mean, eh eh *nudge nudge* bum sex *wink*

49. shhhhhhh May 21, 2014, 12:19 harlock

your business partner?

48. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 12:14 Burrito of Peace

SpectralMeat wrote on May 21, 2014, 11:33:
See you guys can get along just fine, I am proud of you!

Didn't realize I was coming off as antagonistic.

47. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 11:33 SpectralMeat

Sweetheart,
thanks darling

See you guys can get along just fine, I am proud of you!

Steam: SpectralMeat

46. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 11:30 Burrito of Peace

Something I can play before 2020 thanks darling

Sweetheart, you can play the Derek Smart games now if that's what you need to scratch your itch.

I have also donated to SC and I'm less worried now than I was previously. Having worked with Mr. Roberts at both Digital Anvil and Origin, I know he is very passionate about space sims and that he will, eventually, bring about a solid title.

45. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 10:30 netnerd85

SpectralMeat wrote on May 21, 2014, 10:25:
Burrito of Peace wrote on May 21, 2014, 10:22:
Do you know a FPS game where you can travel through space on a ship, battle and trade?

<Takes a deep breath>

DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!

Battlecruiser 3000AD and the further titles let you do so, if I am remembering correctly.

However, for something newer, Star Citizen is supposed to have these features.
Better zip up your flame suit!
Something I can play before 2020 thanks darling

44. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 10:25 SpectralMeat

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 21, 2014, 10:22:

<Takes a deep breath>

DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!

Battlecruiser 3000AD and the further titles let you do so, if I am remembering correctly.

Better zip up your flame suit!

43. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 10:22 Burrito of Peace

<Takes a deep breath>

DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!
DEREK SMART!

42. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 09:01 netnerd85

Slashman wrote on May 21, 2014, 08:54:
I don't know if they can redeeem themselves in time. Some big space games are coming out soon that will blow this terrible mistake called X-rebirth out of the water.
This past weekend I broke down and paid into the Elite Dangerous beta. Been playing the single player portion over the weekend. It is fantastic. Can't wait for the beta to start in 2 weeks.

What other games?

Really? Thats what you want? Explorable space stations, first person? This is what you are looking for in a space-sim EXPLORATION/FIGHTING/TRADING game???
Christ...

41. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 08:54 Slashman

What other games?

Christ...

40. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 07:21 netnerd85

What other games?

Christ...

39. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 06:20 SpectralMeat

Explorable Space Stations? Funny that you want that, as one of the very first mods were to patch that crap out of the game so you don't have to land you can talk to the NPCs from the landing pad.

No Elite doesn't have that but it has just about everything else that X-Rebirth promised to have but failed to deliver on the space economy, and combat side of things.
If you want a true hardcore X game just play X3 as it is still leaps and bounds better than X-Rebirth.

38. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 05:58 InBlack

What other games?

Christ...

I have a nifty blue line!

37. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 21, 2014, 05:05 netnerd85

What other games?

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo