Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hey Blizzard, I think I've figured out how to get you out of the oddest story choice in Diablo III, the first act death of one of the most beloved characters in the series. Think about it... he was killed by butterflies, which are popularly reproduced via origami. That's right... Deckard Cain was a replicant!

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Denudation.
Tentacle Wars - The Purple Menace.
Scuba Bear.
Links: New Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer Is Sensational.
How long would it take to clean Rome's Colosseum using toothbrushes?
Story: Peyton Manning Arrested In Nashville For Cocaine Possession.
Science: Childhood fluoride exposure has no effect on IQ.
Media: WATCH DOGS (Commodore 64, 1989). Thanks Kotaku.
Peter Dinklage Sums Up 'Game of Thrones' in 45 Seconds.
Wright to Newcastle, WY Supercell Time-Lapse. Thanks Scott.
Splashing Stallion. Thanks nin.
Auctions: First Wolverine Comic Art Is Sold for Nearly $660,000. Thanks Neutronbeam.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 14:31 DukeFNukem

Guys, I have really bad gas. Should I go to the doctor?  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: worlds colliding May 21, 2014, 12:37 DukeFNukem

harlock wrote on May 21, 2014, 02:49:
independent george likes his chicken spicy

Spicy is good, extra crispy even... on occasion just to mix things up a bit. Keep things fresh, you know. What cartoon character was that? Bah, I can't remember at the moment. Anyone? Anyone?

This comment was edited on May 21, 2014, 12:49.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

42. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2014, 04:09 InBlack

nevermind  

I have a nifty blue line!

41. worlds colliding May 21, 2014, 02:49 harlock

independent george likes his chicken spicy  

40. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 23:57 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:29:
Keep moving those goal posts, it's cool...

Everytime I hear that I smile....cause it is so simple, yet explains sooooo much.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

39. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 23:36 DukeFNukem

harlock wrote on May 20, 2014, 22:52:
DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:46:
By the way, I have no real interest in 'winning' anything. Maybe that is the source of your frustration?

every slave to the status quo is naturally infuriated by those who arent.. it reminds them of how cowardly they are, how they lack the balls and brains to do their own thing

scientific research has proven this! look it up, plenty of studies and so forth.. they said its true, it must be - i take their word for it because id rather not be bothered having to think for myself and risk being *gasp!* wrong about something

lols

Your comments sting like a bitch bro. Just reading them makes me squirm in pain. LOL.

Hear that sound? Ah, its the lovely sound of chirping crickets!

38. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 22:52 harlock

DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:46:
By the way, I have no real interest in 'winning' anything. Maybe that is the source of your frustration?

every slave to the status quo is naturally infuriated by those who arent.. it reminds them of how cowardly they are, how they lack the balls and brains to do their own thing

scientific research has proven this! look it up, plenty of studies and so forth.. they said its true, it must be - i take their word for it because id rather not be bothered having to think for myself and risk being *gasp!* wrong about something

lols

37. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 21:46 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:34:
None of that made much sense. When you resort to baby talk, you've lost. No one ever said your teeth were guaranteed to fall out. More straw men.

Umm, that wasn't baby talk. That was my impression of me speaking with no teeth.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2014, 21:53.

36. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 21:34 Beamer

None of that made much sense. When you resort to baby talk, you've lost. No one ever said your teeth were guaranteed to fall out. More straw men.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

35. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 21:17 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 21:04:
I'm sure you have a rock that keeps lions away, too. It must work, as you have no lions near you, right?

Your previous responses were much more compelling. Err, actually let me re-state that. Of all your statements, this is the least compelling. I could have responded similarly to the statement that 'muncipalities that lack fluoridated water have a higher rate of tooth decay'. But I figured why bother at this point. Do yaw thing dawg. Freedom of choice is what's it about. If it makes you happy knock yourself out. When my teeth start falling out from a lack of fluoride, I'll say, "Dayum, Beameo was wight!!!". Then we can all pat you on the back. :)I've been brainwashed into thinking that calcium is good for the teeth. More so than fluoride. Woe-is-me. *sigh*.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Remember dat.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2014, 21:33.

34. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 21:04 Beamer

I'm sure you have a rock that keeps lions away, too. It must work, as you have no lions near you, right?  
-------------

33. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 20:49 DukeFNukem

Beamer wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:31:
Vitamins always have overdose warnings. I guess they're poison.

Anyway, water is a poison under this definition:
a substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed.

Water is capable of killing you. This makes it a poison. Everything can kill you if ingested in too heavy an amount.

Whatever, you keep avoiding fluoride, your dentist will appreciate the additional fees he collects from you. I mean, given that we actually have empirical proof that there's a higher tooth decay rate in municipalities without fluoridated water than with fluoridated water.

10 years of no fluoride use here. 10 years of no new cavities. I think you hit the hammer on the head brudda. You keep on doing your thing. I'll keep on my doing mine. I'll try and update everybody when all my teeth start to fall out for a lack of exposure to fluoride.

32. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 17:54 eRe4s3r

DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 15:32:
But he said h2o is poisonous. How does over-hydration qualify as a poisonous substance? That's the part I am having a problem understanding.

poisonous - a substance with an inherent property that tends to destroy life or impair health.

I don't think there are inherent properties in water that destroy life, therefore, classifying it as poison seems somewhat silly. But whatever floats your boat. It would be akin to saying since floods kill people it follows that water is poisonous. Are we starting to see the crazy of the comment that water is poisonous? If not I can give more examples.

I think you are misunderstanding a major thing here. H2O is not tap water. H2O is distilled water.

Electrolyte imbalance is a real thing. Which is why nobody (sane) drinks distilled water. It doesn't kill you outright, but it most certainly can kill you if you eat wrong. Which isn't the case with normal water. (In moderation)

Your argument is a strawmen.... toxicity is not defined by substance, but by dosage.

31. Re: Summing up Game of Thrones May 20, 2014, 17:13 dj LiTh

PHJF wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:36:
Anyone else mildly perturbed at the change in Littlefinger's accent? What's up with that?

Didnt even notice it? Gonna have to rewatch, in small doses though...wouldnt want to poison myself

30. Re: Summing up Game of Thrones May 20, 2014, 16:36 PHJF

Anyone else mildly perturbed at the change in Littlefinger's accent? What's up with that?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 16:32 Beamer

nin wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:29:
DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:27:
nin wrote on May 20, 2014, 15:54:
But he said h2o is poisonous. How does over-hydration qualify as a poisonous substance? That's the part I am having a problem understanding.

poisonous - a substance with an inherent property that tends to destroy life or impair health.

I don't think there are inherent properties in water that destroy life, therefore, classifying it as poison seems somewhat silly. But whatever floats your boat. It would be akin to saying since floods kill people it follows that water is poisonous. Are we starting to see the crazy of the comment that water is poisonous? If not I can give more examples.

Seeing as your own quote says "impair health" I think you answered your own question.

Umm, there was a reason I posted the whole sentence and not just two words of the sentence. If you guys wanna play word games knock yourself out. I never in my life heard of water(h2o) being classified as a poison. I never seen on my bottle of nestle water a number for a poison control center. But I'll look again just in case you guys know something I don't. I think we are using the word 'poisonous' just a lil bit too liberally here.

He's been doing it at the start. In one post he created the strawman of fluoride increasing IQs. The study says it has no effect on IQ, not that it increases IQ, but hey, why look at facts when you can keep changing the argument you make?

-------------

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 16:31 Beamer

Vitamins always have overdose warnings. I guess they're poison.

Anyway, water is a poison under this definition:
a substance that is capable of causing the illness or death of a living organism when introduced or absorbed.

Water is capable of killing you. This makes it a poison. Everything can kill you if ingested in too heavy an amount.

Whatever, you keep avoiding fluoride, your dentist will appreciate the additional fees he collects from you. I mean, given that we actually have empirical proof that there's a higher tooth decay rate in municipalities without fluoridated water than with fluoridated water.

-------------

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 16:29 nin

DukeFNukem wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:27:

Seeing as your own quote says "impair health" I think you answered your own question.

Umm, there was a reason I posted the whole sentence and not just two words of the sentence. If you guys wanna play word games knock yourself out. I never in my life heard of water(h2o) being classified as a poison. I never seen on my bottle of nestle water a number for a poison control center. But I'll look again just in case you guys know something I don't. I think we are using the word 'poisonous' just a lil bit too liberally here.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 16:27 DukeFNukem

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2014, 16:06 nin

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2014, 16:02:
Fruit contains arsenic. You gonna' stop eating fruit?

How Hyponatremia Works.

Same with eggs. A guy at an eating contest in the US a year or two chugged down two dozen raw eggs and promptly had a stroke. That's happened to other people and killed a few as well.

The moral of the story? As the old expression goes, all things in moderation.

Don't tell him about how bananas are radioactive!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo