Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month

There's a new Arena Commander Weekly Report on the Roberts Space Industries website revealing a May 29th release date for the Arena Commander module for Star Citizen, RSI's upcoming space combat game (thanks 88fingers). This will be available to all backers of the game, and will kick off the first multiplayer testing of the game. There's a complete tentative schedule of what will lead up to what's planned as version 0.8 as well as what will go into the versions 0.9 and 1.0 to follow. Here's the overview:

Let me begin with the information you most want to hear: we intend to launch Arena Commander in two weeks, on May 29th.The goal is that every backer will have access to the single player “Free Flight” and “Vanduul Swarm” games modes on this day, and the very first batch of multiplayer testers will get access to the game’s multiplayer game modes. We will scale up the multiplayer as quickly as possible starting on that date, increasing the number of players as it is stable and stopping to fix bugs where needed.

View
42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

42. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 21:17 commonperson

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 18, 2014, 16:47:
Cool I didnt know you could see the order that you are in backers, mine was #7504

How does this affect being able to play the content? Players are being picked in waves or something with the lower numbers starting first?

From what I understand yes, to ramp up the servers they are doing it in waves so they can stress test it as they bring it up. This is I think the most fair way, earliest backers get in first.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 20:05 Talisorn

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 17, 2014, 12:43:
Star Citizen is supported by ex star wars wannabes that and lonely geeks that have never had sex.

As a trusty Blues News reporter I have found evidence in video format showing the people that support this game.

See it here.

At least these star wars jedi geeks can get tingles shoot up their legs everytime Roberts tweets. But its getting creepy to even watch the whole thing unfold.

It looks like Jones town complete with a charismatic leader, leading everyone to their doom. The only difference is that at least in Jones town they got some cool aid out of it.

I raise my glass of cool aid to all the geeks that supported this game. Its the same hanger, ship and dodging rocks video.

Nothing else. He is taking you all for a $50 million dollar ride.

Absolutely terrible. Too make it worse they all have Roberts in there going on and on about donations and then showing that video.

Imean people are getting excited and its nothing that $50,000 and one indie could make in 6 months. Seriously, $50 million??? NOTHING BUT machinima. Thats prerendered videos that game makers use to fool gamers...FYI Your $50 million dollars is GONE TOTALLY GONE GEEKS. Its not the first time he has disappeared with the money right?????

You know code name eagle was 100 times more game then this right?

Why does this guy make me think there's a school shooter in the making?

40. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 16:47 Mordecai Walfish

Cool I didnt know you could see the order that you are in backers, mine was #7504

How does this affect being able to play the content? Players are being picked in waves or something with the lower numbers starting first?

39. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 15:05 Eirikrautha

jdreyer wrote on May 18, 2014, 03:27:
Slashman wrote on May 18, 2014, 01:18:
Prez wrote on May 17, 2014, 23:27:
I haven't put so much as a penny towards this yet, so it isn't MY 50 million bucks. I'll put 40 bucks out if and when the thing ships and isn't a complete train wreck. If that makes me an ex-star wars geek wannabe who has never had sex then okay. Kinda wondering where my son and daughter came from though...

The Stork?!?!? Idea

After he harvested enough mobs, the baby was brought down in a giant robot...

BABYFALL

You win... thread over!

38. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 07:47 commonperson

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 18, 2014, 05:25:
The results of The Next Great Starship aren't far away now - I'm rooting for Four Horsemen.

I have been trying to watch that show but I find their video presentations painful to watch. The community manager when she's at her best wooden but often impossible to stomach and the format is boring as hell with what feels like forced controversy and down right painful production values.

Watching this (and their demo videos) it's pretty clear they're not spending money on things like marketing (which is good) but it's a shame that what they are spending feels like it's wasted. They really need to step up their game but that can wait until closer to launch, the one video I watched felt like an advertisement for a gaming peripheral followed by a bunch of awkward interactions where no one really understood screen presence. (I realize if this is my biggest complaint so far, yeah we're pretty lucky.)

37. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 07:42 commonperson

1badmf wrote on May 17, 2014, 20:15:
and for anyone that's curious, access goes by backer ID number which is in chronological order of backing date. mine is in the 6000s =D

Sadly I'm around 112000 :-( Ah well, still looking forward to seeing what they pulled together (which will determine if I drop more on a ship or not).

36. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 07:42 Prez

Most likely more fun than most of you have had outside of your grandma's basement when she surprised you with twinkies and hot pockets...

Stopped reading there. If you want to fanboy that's cool, but there's no need to be an ass about it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 07:38 commonperson

nin wrote on May 17, 2014, 14:25:
Creston wrote on May 17, 2014, 14:17:
So is that the dogfighting module they've been talking about? They just renamed it?

Wondered that as well.

They said they were expanding the scope a bit and branding it to so they could work it in to the story. They've been fairly clear about that for a while.

34. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:54 theyarecomingforyou

Sugarman wrote on May 18, 2014, 05:48:
I'm ticket # 36,000 something. Original backer from October 2012. No regrets here.
Ditto. I'm #10002.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

33. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:48 Sugarman

I'm ticket # 36,000 something. Original backer from October 2012. No regrets here. Like I said, I've wasted much more on far worse things. You all need to either grow up or just go on to trashing something else, because really, none of us care anything about what you think. We just want to have fun, if not, then I suppose we'll wait till the next fun spacegame comes out....  

32. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:34 Sugarman

Constellation with LTI here! I plan to have a blast with friends, if not, then I guess it was a bad investment. No matter, I've made far more than that on good investments. This was a chance I was willing to take for the fun of it.  

31. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:25 Sugarman

I put $275 towards it already. I've spent more than that in one night out with friends on a normal fun night. Most likely more fun than most of you have had outside of your grandma's basement when she surprised you with twinkies and hot pockets.

If I feel the need I will put even more towards their funding. If you really follow everything they are doing you will see how much effort they are putting into this to make it like nothing else. Even if it bombs, I'm out what, "a couple nights spending money on the town", so to me, it's nothing.

Even if it's mediocre then it's worth it. If not, I've lost more than that on stocks or a couple nights out with friends, so it really doesn't matter.

For the chance that it might be what they say it is going to be, I will wholeheartedly take that chance and support them. If not, then I'll just stay home for two weeks in a row and recoup my losses.

30. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 05:25 theyarecomingforyou

The Blue's News organisation is up to 9 members now. Hopefully that will rise significantly after launch, as I know most people are waiting for the final game before picking it up.

For anyone who hasn't been keeping up, CIG is planning to introduce ship upgrades that will let you keep LTI. That will be great for those with the basic Aurora looking to upgrade to say the 300i.

The results of The Next Great Starship aren't far away now - I'm rooting for Four Horsemen.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

29. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 04:00 harlock

Wildone wrote on May 18, 2014, 02:08:
thats only about 2 pizza's. boy you sure showed them!

you only eat 2 pizzas a week? goddamn you are a badass!

28. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 03:27 jdreyer

Slashman wrote on May 18, 2014, 01:18:
I haven't put so much as a penny towards this yet, so it isn't MY 50 million bucks. I'll put 40 bucks out if and when the thing ships and isn't a complete train wreck. If that makes me an ex-star wars geek wannabe who has never had sex then okay. Kinda wondering where my son and daughter came from though...

The Stork?!?!? Idea

After he harvested enough mobs, the baby was brought down in a giant robot...

BABYFALL

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

27. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 02:08 Wildone

thats only about 2 pizza's. boy you sure showed them!  

26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 01:18 Slashman

The Stork?!?!? Idea

25. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 00:56 harlock

Wildone wrote on May 17, 2014, 23:30:
wow you didn't waste the price of your weekly pizza bill. Congrats.

you spend $40 a week on pizza?

24. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 23:31 Prez

Thank you!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

23. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 17, 2014, 23:30 Wildone

wow you didn't waste the price of your weekly pizza bill. Congrats.  

42 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo