Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition

GameStop has details on a Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition, a special version of the upcoming Dragon Age game that's just $100.00 more than the Deluxe Edition (thanks nin via Joystiq). So what makes the Inquisitor's Edition worth a cool $169.99 you might inquisite, err, inquire? A quill and inkpot that will allow you to dispense with that inconvenient ballpoint, a set of lock-pick tools that hopefully don't violate any local statutes, and even more:

• Highly detailed exclusive Inquisitor Collector's Edition case produced by TriForce measures approximately 8.5" x 13.5" x 14.5"
    • The case is individually wrapped in faux reptile skin, has the mark of the Inquisitor stamped on top in gold foil, with an interior fitted with imprinted red silk.
  • Cloth map of Thedas drawn to scale measuring approximately 22" x 32"
  • 72 card Major and Minor Arcana tarot card deck with custom artwork depicting mythology from Dragon Age lore.
  • Inquisitor full scale, six piece, lock tool set
  • One set of four full scale map markers each approximately measuring 3.5" x 3.5" x 4"
  • Inquisitor's Badge
  • Quill and Inkpot
  • 40-page Inquisitor's Journal
  • Orlesian Coins
  • Limited edition SteelBook case to house your copy of the game
  • Copy of Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 16, 2014, 23:48 Prez

Mad Max RW wrote on May 15, 2014, 12:41:
jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2014, 13:11:

True, but this game particularly has a bunch of people that really hate it, and a strong core of people who really love it. That kind of polarization is unusual. For example, you don't see people who say "I LOVE Rage!" or "I ADORE Duke Nukem Forever!"

So I take it you never visited the Gearbox and Bethesda forums? There's even people who love Colonial Marines and swear everybody else is crazy. No matter how terrible something is there will always be a crowd of whiteknights ready to defend it.

I think he meant here on Blues specifically, in which case he has a point.

Beamer wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:13:

How many games get demos these days?

Not many. It's not the glaring neon-red sign some people living in the 1990s think it is.

Yet oddly enough some companies are still releasing demos. Many are indies, which is another reason I think that the indie scene is so highly regarded by your average jaded, grumpy ole fart gamer like myself.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 15, 2014, 12:41 Mad Max RW

True, but this game particularly has a bunch of people that really hate it, and a strong core of people who really love it. That kind of polarization is unusual. For example, you don't see people who say "I LOVE Rage!" or "I ADORE Duke Nukem Forever!"

So I take it you never visited the Gearbox and Bethesda forums? There's even people who love Colonial Marines and swear everybody else is crazy. No matter how terrible something is there will always be a crowd of whiteknights ready to defend it.

39. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 15, 2014, 12:10 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Phasenoise wrote on May 14, 2014, 16:27:
You know, I originally was miffed about DA2, but since then so many franchises have been nuked from orbit this seems like a lesser transgression in hindsight.

The annoying thing about DA2 that completely ruined it for me was the repetition. How many times do you have to visit the same goddamn cave/piece of forest/dungeon via a different entry point? Plus the fact that every fight involved multiple waves of the same enemies magically appearing and just running at you. While DA:O was fairly clunky, there was a hell of a lot of content to sink your teeth into. DA2 just seemed a completely half-arsed rush out the door job and a slap in the face for anyone who pre-ordered based on their enjoyment of the first one.
Needless to say I won't be pre-ordering this. Don't see the point of pre-orders anymore, the whole point was for games that might sell out which just doesn't happen anymore. Also pre-orders for digital packages? It just encourages publishers to rip out parts of the game and nickle and dime you for it.

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

38. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 16:27 Phasenoise

You know, I originally was miffed about DA2, but since then so many franchises have been nuked from orbit this seems like a lesser transgression in hindsight.  

37. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 15:37 Creston

Verno wrote on May 14, 2014, 15:14:
One thing I find interesting though is that how much money people paid for it seems to influence their opinion. I know very few people who paid $60 for DA2 on day one and feel it was worth it. Conversely I know several people who paid $20 or less for it and thought highly of the game.

Oh yeah. I got it for 5 bucks, and thought it was pretty decent for that amount of money. Of course, by the time I got it, I also knew NOT to expect DA:O, but rather some bastardized real time JRPG version with hyper combat, teleporting mages (even though their lore SPECIFICALLY FUCKING SAYS MAGES CAN'T TELEPORT EVEN ONE YARD) and all that other Awesome Button shizz.

Had I gotten it day one for 60 bucks, I probably would have been pretty pissed. But, in the end, I think I'd have still finished it. I quite liked the story and some of the NPCs.

36. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 15:14 Verno

Sorry bro, gotta disagree again. The internet is all about polarization and both of the games you cited have defenders and haters even on these forums. DA2 is no different from anything else in this regard.

One thing I find interesting though is that how much money people paid for it seems to influence their opinion. I know very few people who paid $60 for DA2 on day one and feel it was worth it. Conversely I know several people who paid $20 or less for it and thought highly of the game.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

35. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 15:06 Slashman

nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 21:44:
Slashman wrote on May 13, 2014, 21:41:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:45:
jomisab wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:11:
I would just like a game that's as good as DA1, thanks.

So not good at all then? That's easily done.

You're in the minority on that one Cutter. DA 2, on the other hand, was the real let down.

DA1 was the last good thing bioware did...

And yet DA 2 sold a lot worse...

34. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 14:53 Dirwulf

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:45:
jomisab wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:11:
I would just like a game that's as good as DA1, thanks.

So not good at all then? That's easily done.

And you call me a troll lol?

33. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 13:12 jdreyer

KS wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:05:
nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 22:38:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 13, 2014, 22:34:
Dragon Dragon's Age Ages Inquisition Inquisitor's Editions

They should totally hire American McGee to slap his name on there...

American McGee's Dragon Age: The Masquerade: Bloodlines: Dragon Age Inquisition: Inquisitor's Edition: Nobody Expects The Inquisition American McGee

Fixed.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

32. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 13:11 jdreyer

Verno wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:30:
jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2014, 04:20:

It's interesting. DA2 has a terrible rep, but there is a strong core of people out there that absolutely love it. I remember listening to the GWJ podcast a couple of years ago, and they did a whole 'cast just on that game.

Literally everything has a fan on the internet dude You can think of the stupidest activity possible and it will have a fanclub.

31. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 12:30 Verno

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2014, 04:20:

It's interesting. DA2 has a terrible rep, but there is a strong core of people out there that absolutely love it. I remember listening to the GWJ podcast a couple of years ago, and they did a whole 'cast just on that game.

Literally everything has a fan on the internet dude You can think of the stupidest activity possible and it will have a fanclub.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

30. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 12:13 Beamer

KS wrote on May 14, 2014, 12:11:
Speaking of games I won't be touching with a 39 1/2 foot pole before a free, playable demo is available because gameplay was reimagineered by corporate chimpanzees, is a Thief demo available?

How many games get demos these days?

Not many. It's not the glaring neon-red sign some people living in the 1990s think it is.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 12:11 KS

Speaking of games I won't be touching with a 39 1/2 foot pole before a free, playable demo is available because gameplay was reimagineered by corporate chimpanzees, is a Thief demo available?  

28. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 12:05 KS

American McGee's Dragon Age: The Masquerade: Bloodlines: Dragon Age Inquisition: Inquisitor's Edition: Nobody Expects The Inquisition

27. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 11:29 Creston

American McGee proudly presents American McGee's American McGee Dragon Age of American McGee: American McGee's Inquisition Edition of American McGee.

By American McGee.

26. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 11:27 Creston

Well, at least they included the actual GAME, unlike some collectors' editions we could mention.  

25. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 04:20 jdreyer

Klaus Flouride wrote on May 14, 2014, 03:57:
Akando wrote on May 13, 2014, 21:03:
Just finished DA2 again and it's awesome.

This.

I played through it 3 times and I still love it. Both games were great, much better than Skyrim.

24. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 03:57 Klaus Flouride

Akando wrote on May 13, 2014, 21:03:
Just finished DA2 again and it's awesome.

This.

I played through it 3 times and I still love it. Both games were great, much better than Skyrim.

When all else fails empty the magazine...

23. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 03:25 Agent.X7

I am the king of buying overpriced collector's editions, however...

Bioware.
Oh cool, I bet the statue is...wait, what? No statue? WHY THE FUCK IS THIS $170 THEN?!?!
Bioware.

Did I mention, Bioware?

I'm actually looking forward to Sunset Overdrive, and I'm going to wait until the reviews are in on this.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 01:41 NKD

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2014, 01:15:

Try saying that 5 times fast.

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

Wait... that's something else...

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo