Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted

The Windows Compatibility Center now offers a listing for Red Dead Redemption, the latest suggestion that Rockstar's console western game may yet make its way onto Windows PCs. This shows the game has been deemed compatible with Windows 8.1, Windows 8.0, and Windows 7, though oddly, this seems to be partly based on community voting on the game's compatibility, even though PC editions are not available. Thanks NeoGAF via CVG.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 16, 2014, 23:44 Prez

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2014, 12:45:
Task wrote on May 13, 2014, 09:02:
jesus h rockstar, finally? they would make a killing off this from pc gamers.

I agree, but they're not exactly lacking in cash. Did you see the GTAV sales numbers?

"Meh, we don't want any more money; we've got enough"

-said no corporation ever!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 14, 2014, 22:37 [VG]Reagle

SCREW ROCKSTAR  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

31. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 13:11 Creston

jdreyer wrote on May 13, 2014, 02:25:
The Half Elf wrote on May 13, 2014, 00:28:
Steele Johnson wrote on May 12, 2014, 23:41:
One of the best games I've ever played. I'd buy it again for a pc version.

One of the few games I purchased roughly 3 times (finally digital) for the 360, and would gladly pony up (HAH get it Lana... cause RDR has like... ponies. Ok I really need to quit watching Archer) for a PC version.

Barry?
Yes, Other Barry?
When on the Archer train, one does not get off.
Other Barry, PHRASING!!

Giggle

I miss Other Barry.

30. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 12:46 jdreyer

Theo wrote on May 13, 2014, 05:51:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, will be only the second game i will have bought on both console and PC.

Uh, what was the first?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

29. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 12:45 jdreyer

Task wrote on May 13, 2014, 09:02:

I agree, but they're not exactly lacking in cash. Did you see the GTAV sales numbers?

28. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 12:39 Mordecai Walfish

Looks like it't not going to happen (big surprise there..)

From the neogaf thread:

"I emailed the Windows Compatibility Centre via the Partner Submission portal yesterday. I asked if Red Dead Redemption was an actual program officially submitted by Rockstar Games or Microsoft. I also asked if its possible to submit an app under a company you have no affiliation with like the Super Mario Bros. X game. I asked them to verify Red Dead Redemption from Rockstar before emailing me back.

This is the response I received this morning:

"My apologies for the mistake.
I have removed this game from the catalog and should possibly get removed from Windows Compatibility Center by 5/13 or latest by 5/14."

That's it. The representative didn't say if it was official or not. Just that's its listing was a mistake. "

27. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 09:23 Verno

ItBurn wrote on May 12, 2014, 22:00:
I don't know how I'd feel about Rockstar releasing gta 5 and rdr. On one hand I REALLY want to play the games and vote with my wallet to get more of their games on PC. On the other hand, I want to vote with my wallet and protest the delay and the bad treatment of their PC fans by not buying them.

Or just buy games you like and not worry about making a political statement out of them

If you want them to release more games for the platform, the best thing you can do is purchase them anyway. That's all they care about - money. They're not going to sit around wringing their hands about why people aren't buying the game, they will just release them on other platforms.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

26. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 09:02 Task

25. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 05:51 Theo

red dead is quiet simply one of the finest storys and environments i have ever had the pleasure to play though; the part where you cross the boarder to mexico is simply brilliant - never had a game make me feel that much like a outlaw/cowboy/, its amazing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, will be only the second game i will have bought on both console and PC.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

24. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 03:27 InBlack

Never. Happening. Im prepared to eat my words if and when it does happen. But its not. Gonna happen. Ever.  

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 02:25 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on May 13, 2014, 00:28:

One of the few games I purchased roughly 3 times (finally digital) for the 360, and would gladly pony up (HAH get it Lana... cause RDR has like... ponies. Ok I really need to quit watching Archer) for a PC version.

Barry?
Yes, Other Barry?
When on the Archer train, one does not get off.
Other Barry, PHRASING!!

22. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 01:17 The Half Elf

Brumbek wrote on May 13, 2014, 01:08:
To echo others: RDR = BEST.GAME.EVER. John Marston = BEST.CHARACTER.EVER. I bought a PS3 just to play it! Worth it!

Polygon's article "Finding John Marston" nearly brought a tear to me eye. That guy should have won an Academy Award for his performance.

Damn thank you for that link. Wouldn't mind seeing a prequel to RDR featuring Marston and the gang he rode with.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

21. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 01:08 Brumbek

To echo others: RDR = BEST.GAME.EVER. John Marston = BEST.CHARACTER.EVER. I bought a PS3 just to play it! Worth it!

Polygon's article "Finding John Marston" nearly brought a tear to me eye. That guy should have won an Academy Award for his performance.

20. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 00:35 Creston

Wuh??

I was just about to replay RDR, so may hold off. I'll definitely get it again for PC, though I may wait for a sale.

19. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 13, 2014, 00:28 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 23:41 Steele Johnson

17. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 23:10 nin

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2014, 23:05:
I don't know how I'd feel about Rockstar releasing gta 5 and rdr. On one hand I REALLY want to play the games and vote with my wallet to get more of their games on PC. On the other hand, I want to vote with my wallet and protest the delay and the bad treatment of their PC fans by not buying them.

I think that buying them is the only choice, if you value them as games. The more people that do that will show R* that the PC is a valid platform that deserves their attention and they're leaving money on the table by not being more aggressive with it.

Very true. A strong initial push would show them pc owners will put their money where their mouth is...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 23:05 jdreyer

I think that buying them is the only choice, if you value them as games. The more people that do that will show R* that the PC is a valid platform that deserves their attention and they're leaving money on the table by not being more aggressive with it.

15. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 22:53 Talisorn

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 12, 2014, 20:10:
In my life I have been screwed over many times. BUT I have never been leaned over and completed used and thrown away... like Rock Star Did with Red Dead Redemption. They made this awesome game and then they turned around and SCREWED US OVER.

NOW I READ THIS? OMG. I HATE ROCKSTAR FOR MAKING SUCH GREAT GAMES. I HATE THEM.

GIVE US THESE GAMES NOW YOU SCUM BAGS.WE ARE THROWING MONEY AT OUR COMPUTER MONITORS.

EA SUCKS ass and rockstar rules...stop teasing us for GODS SAKE we are begging you....

Meds dude. Get back on those meds!

14. Re: Red Dead Redemption Windows Listing Spotted May 12, 2014, 22:53 Mordecai Walfish

My guess is Rockstar will announce GTAV on "next gen" platforms @ E3 (PS4, XB1 & PC). I'm hoping for this, anyway. Guessing release might be a year from the release of the original, maybe in an effort to make buyers of the original not feel ripped-off that a better version is out so soon. Maybe they also want to let the DLC run its course on the current consoles first before releasing a newer version, hoping a lot of people will re-buy for the better graphics and added content.

Waiting a year to release this update also benefits them because of much greater system adoption for the new consoles after they've been out for a year, as well..

I really don't want to have to buy a console to play GTA5, lol.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo