Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's list of the 10 bestselling games last week on their Steam service:

1. DayZ
  2. Age of Mythology: Extended Edition
  3. Dark Souls II
  4. Watch_Dogs
  5. Star Wars Collection
  6. BioShock Triple Pack
  7. Dragon Age Origins
  8. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  9. Space Engineers
  10. Kerbal Space Program

View
71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

71. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2014, 09:12 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 08:42:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 13, 2014, 01:18:
[ignored]

I don't recall any jackassery from you...

What did he say?

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

70. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2014, 08:42 nin

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 13, 2014, 01:18:
I am curious, since you guys ignore other people so quickly... on how many ignore lists am I?

Hello? Hello?

I don't recall any jackassery from you...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

69. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2014, 01:18 Muscular Beaver

I am curious, since you guys ignore other people so quickly... on how many ignore lists am I?

Hello? Hello?

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

68. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2014, 00:38 Paranoid Jack

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:25:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:08:
LMAO, got to be one of the best threads in a long time. Thanks...
This thread seems full of trolls if you want my opinion. If I dare actually comment on the subject of the post, I must say that DayZ sucks ass. Not just DayZ but every other zombie game. After the fist 80 zombie games I think we are ready for something new. How about a modern AAA WWII game? Sorry again to actually comment on the subject matter.

Are you saying some of the comments here didn't even make you chuckle? One or two were so ironic you had to laugh, no? You may want to check your funny bone it may be fractured.

As far as the requiring a gamepad on PC argument goes... it is a no brainer for me. If the game plays best on a gamepad... use one. I loved playing Quake using my Space Orb 360 back in '96. I could rocket jump and turn mid air no problem. Ah, those were the days. Only thing that sucked about it was that the thing was so brittle. Not sure if they ever revised it. I stopped after buying three. The plastic mounting inside the orb was shite. Still it was one of the best controllers ever made.

67. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 16:47 Quboid

born2expire wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:08:
I was being helpful to anyone like myself who had heard the promises about KB+mouse working this time around, when clearly they don't (and have insane input lag on the mouse buttons).

This matters to me. I have a gamepad and am happy to use it for games that are appropriate for it but I wouldn't want play a third person game with one.

- Quboid

66. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 15:12 OpticNerve

For DS2 with a K+M, just use AutoHotKey and pick whatever script's being tossed around in the Steam or reddit forums and edit it to your preferred layout tastes. Voila, no more input lag.

Yes, we all wish that From Software would actually fix the thing in the first place but it's hardly a game-ender for keyboard and mouse users if you just look around a bit.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

65. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 14:43 ochentay4

born2expire wrote on May 12, 2014, 14:08:
ochentay4 wrote on May 11, 2014, 18:10:
born2expire wrote on May 11, 2014, 15:22:
Wait until they patch DSII, there is insane input lag and the mouse/kb is unplayable IMO.

Hopefully they'll release a patch to fix that but i'm not holding my breathe.

Who the **** plays Dark Souls 2 with KB+M? Game is designed and best played with a gamepad, period. Try playing Supe Mario Bros 2 without a gamepad. It makes no sense. Some type of games have to be played with a gamepad. Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC! Good lord people! I'm tired of people complaining about Dark Souls 1 & 2 control.

Whatever buddy, blah blah blah gamepads. Yes I have one, but i refuse to use one on any game that requires precise movement or timing.

I was being helpful to anyone like myself who had heard the promises about KB+mouse working this time around, when clearly they don't (and have insane input lag on the mouse buttons).

I got to recognice that DESPITE I AM PLAYING DS2 WITH A GAMEPAD like we all should, KB+M has indeed lag. Go figure.

64. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 14:08 born2expire

born2expire wrote on May 11, 2014, 15:22:
Wait until they patch DSII, there is insane input lag and the mouse/kb is unplayable IMO.

Hopefully they'll release a patch to fix that but i'm not holding my breathe.

Who the **** plays Dark Souls 2 with KB+M? Game is designed and best played with a gamepad, period. Try playing Supe Mario Bros 2 without a gamepad. It makes no sense. Some type of games have to be played with a gamepad. Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC! Good lord people! I'm tired of people complaining about Dark Souls 1 & 2 control.

Whatever buddy, blah blah blah gamepads. Yes I have one, but i refuse to use one on any game that requires precise movement or timing.

63. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 12:27 Orogogus

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 12, 2014, 08:59:
I'm guessing had I put "and we wore onions on our belt, which was the style at the time", the sarcasm of my previous post would have been more apparent? Outside of people my age, and older, how many people remember actually using membrane inputs ala the Atari 400?

Though, back in the day, gamepads sucked compared to the awesomeness of the Sidewinder, Firebird and original Gravis Joystick. I still have my Sidewinder force feedback joystick. Use it and an N52 to do a lot of space simming.

/Shakes fist at cloud

My first PC joystick was a Kraft; I think it was the only option back in the day. What a goddamned piece of crap. I remember really wishing I could plug in my Atari 2600 stick.

62. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 12:23 Orogogus

Verno wrote on May 12, 2014, 08:42:
NKD wrote on May 11, 2014, 22:25:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2014, 19:24:

Jesus, Blue you have to get that ignore function working again. I'm so sick of these trolls.

Holy fucking shit the irony.

My thoughts exactly. Also the ignore stuff works fine, he is probably running NoScript and forgot to whitelist the site.

I think it's more usual that people have their browser auto-fill the login fields. Ignore doesn't work here unless you have Remember Me checked and then preview or post a comment for it to stick.

61. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 09:05 BitWraith

Dagnamit wrote on May 11, 2014, 13:42:
CSB time.

Thought I'd try Dark Souls before purchasing Dark Souls II. I did not know that sitting at a bonfire respawns enemies on the level, which I find to be utterly pointless grindy bullcrap. ragequit. Now, I was getting into the gameplay and the environments are as cool as advertised.

Questions, 1) does DS II do away with the respawn nonsense? 2) if that was the only part I hated about the first 15 minutes of DS, should I buy DS II, because I'm obviously a filthy casual? Thanks in advance!

I was actually bummed out that DS2 only respawns enemies ten times. It did eventually make getting through an area easier, but it also limits farming items and souls. Upgrading my gear was much more stressful in 2 because of this. The nice thing about respawns, too, is that if you're having problems with a boss, you can sort-of out-level it (like old school rpgs)

Both games come with my hearty recommendation. I have now finished both, and they are some of the very best rpgs.

60. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:59 Burrito of Peace

I'm guessing had I put "and we wore onions on our belt, which was the style at the time", the sarcasm of my previous post would have been more apparent? Outside of people my age, and older, how many people remember actually using membrane inputs ala the Atari 400?

Though, back in the day, gamepads sucked compared to the awesomeness of the Sidewinder, Firebird and original Gravis Joystick. I still have my Sidewinder force feedback joystick. Use it and an N52 to do a lot of space simming.

/Shakes fist at cloud

59. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:45 ochentay4

Alamar wrote on May 12, 2014, 03:10:
Paranoid Jack wrote on May 11, 2014, 23:08:
LMAO, got to be one of the best threads in a long time. Thanks...
This thread seems full of trolls if you want my opinion. If I dare actually comment on the subject of the post, I must say that DayZ sucks ass. Not just DayZ but every other zombie game. After the fist 80 zombie games I think we are ready for something new. How about a modern AAA WWII game? Sorry again to actually comment on the subject matter.

I hope you're kidding... We really don't need another rash of WWII games...

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:36:
Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC!

Confused Sure they did, kid. At the "inception of a PC", you were damn lucky if you had keyboard support, real keyboard support, and not just membrane input.

There's 20 years of separation between the "inception of a PC" and when gamepads were even remotely available to the mass market.

Let me guess, you also think that the NES is "old school".

Yes, you're technically correct... But your counter point is moot. Gamepads for PCs have been around, for ~25 years... Does it really lessen his point that PCs were around a few decades before that?

A better point is simply that as they're still not standard with a PC, PC games shouldn't require them. Except, people beg for PC ports of console games, and Dark Souls are prime examples of that. In the end, the way I see it, the only fault is Steam (and other retailers) not specifically stating that a controller is required, or heavily recommended. Actually, the DS page states 'Notice: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (or equivalent) is strongly recommended' quite noticably... DS2 should have it as prevalent, but it's stated in the minimum specs (as recommended).

-Alamar

Sorry, but gamepads are standard on PC since forever. Everyone who games on PC should have one and stop complaining about terrible KB+M support on any game that was designed for gamepads. Many DOS games were played better with gamepad and almost all games had gamepad support. I remember playing Jazz Jackrabbit (Sonic type of game) with a gamepad, it was great.

58. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:42 Verno

NKD wrote on May 11, 2014, 22:25:
Cutter wrote on May 11, 2014, 19:24:

Jesus, Blue you have to get that ignore function working again. I'm so sick of these trolls.

Holy fucking shit the irony.

My thoughts exactly. Also the ignore stuff works fine, he is probably running NoScript and forgot to whitelist the site.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

57. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 08:34 ochentay4

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 11, 2014, 21:36:
Gamepads existed since the inception of a PC!

Confused Sure they did, kid. At the "inception of a PC", you were damn lucky if you had keyboard support, real keyboard support, and not just membrane input.

There's 20 years of separation between the "inception of a PC" and when gamepads were even remotely available to the mass market.

Let me guess, you also think that the NES is "old school".

Huh? I'm 29 years old man. I've had a gamepad since DOS days. If you are a PC gamer, and don't have a gamepad, well, go get one and stop complaining about Dark Souls 1/2 KB+M support.

56. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 07:32 Tim1_2

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2014, 12:20:
I don't understand people buying DayZ.

DayZ is pretty fun. I got about 100 hours out of the Standalone before getting bored.

Currently playing: DayZ

55. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 06:59 NewMaxx

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 12, 2014, 03:57:
All hail the gravis gamepad, and it's slow breakdown and destruction. I can't remember how many of those things I went through playing tie fighter and x-wing.

Oh man, I had one of the original Gravis GamePads (you can still get all that stuff on Ebay), loved those things. I got it when it came out in, I think it was 1991, so that would put it at 23 years ago. Wish I wouldn't have tossed it out at some point...

54. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 06:26 InBlack

The Half Elf wrote on May 11, 2014, 20:36:
And 2 weekends ago had 2 women (very attractive) wanted to take me home for a 3 way, but had to decline because I'm in a relationship

Ahem, so you dont treat people like sexual objects, but have no problem with bragging about how two women tried to pick you up for a threesome? Something feels off....you sure youre gay?

I have a nifty blue line!

53. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 05:33 Mordecai Walfish

Yeah. 'bout time we stop with all the dull n' generic zombie apocalypse simulations and get something truly groundbreaking and original in these charts.. you know.. like another military shooter! da-hurrrrp

52. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 04:07 Jerykk

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2014, 03:46:
This thread seems full of trolls if you want my opinion.
Kettle, meet Pot.

If I dare actually comment on the subject of the post, I must say that DayZ sucks ass. Not just DayZ but every other zombie game. After the fist 80 zombie games I think we are ready for something new. How about a modern AAA WWII game? Sorry again to actually comment on the subject matter.
Zombie games replaced WWII games because everyone was burned out on them. Doubt it will go back that next cycle. We'll probably move on to Aliens or Vampires or Alien Vampires. Look for WWII games to make a resurgence in 2020 when it will be the 80th anniversary of the war.

Also, there is a AAA WWII game coming out (sort of): Wolfenstein New Order.

Zombie games didn't replace WW2 games. Modern military games replaced WW2 games. Now it looks like near-future military shooters are going to be the next fad.

71 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo