Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders

Activision offers a press release about the trailer they released yesterday, explaining more of what to expect from Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare when the military shooter sequel is released on November 4th, and kicking off preorders of the game (with GameStop already offering preorder incentives). The countdown timer on the Call of Duty website is still ticking off the seconds until tomorrow, so it's possible they still have more to reveal about this. Here's the announcement with word on plans from the game:

The power of the next generation of advanced soldier. The power of a gripping performance from Kevin Spacey. The power of all-new, exoskeleton gameplay mechanics. Power changes everything. Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare delivers an inspired new era of Call of Duty®. Published by Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (Nasdaq: ATVI), and developed for next gen consoles and PC by Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare delivers a breathtaking, new vision for the blockbuster franchise.

"We've made several key decisions with an eye towards creative excellence on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. We've really approached this game differently," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "This is our first three-year development cycle. It's our first time with Sledgehammer Games at the creative helm. And we're shaking up the formula in several ways. New core gameplay mechanics with the exoskeleton suit. A riveting new story. An iconic new character played by one of the world's best actors in Kevin Spacey. We're having a lot of fun making this game, and we think the world is going to have even more fun playing it."

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare jolts players forward in a groundbreaking experience that's ripped-from-the-headlines-of-tomorrow, envisioning a future where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Set in the year 2054, a private military corporation (PMC) has emerged with the power to rescue humanity from a devastated world struggling to rebuild after a global attack on its military and infrastructure. You are the advanced soldier. Empowered with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities, technological advancements and high-tech gear, players join the ranks of a highly-trained, specialized unit committed to restoring order in a state of advanced warfare.

"It's been a lot of fun working with the team to bring Jonathan Irons to life. The technology is truly remarkable and unlike anything I've done before. I'm excited to see where this goes," said Academy Award® winner Kevin Spacey.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is being developed specifically for next gen consoles and PC. This is the first iteration of publisher Activision's expanded three-year development cycle allowing the debut lead title from Sledgehammer Games an added year of studio development. With the expanded production capabilities, Sledgehammer Games is able to create an astonishing new, next generation experience, featuring an array of technical advancements from the sights and sounds that create a near photorealistic world unlike any Call of Duty before, to new performance capture and facial animation technologies that deliver lifelike characters, to a rich and immersive story that brings the fiction to life.

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime, and an honor for Sledgehammer Games. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the most ambitious and creative project we have ever worked on. From the endless research and thousands of production designs, to our incredible focus on the narrative and amazing attention to detail - we're taking nothing for granted," said Glen Schofield, co-founder and game director of Sledgehammer Games. "Call of Duty connects with the fans on such a deep level, and crafting a new vision for the next generation has been so inspiring for us."

Michael Condrey, co-founder and studio head of Sledgehammer Games added, "Glen and I created this team with the singular vision of delivering the best work of our lives. We know we're stepping into some pretty big shoes, but every day I'm amazed at the talent and focus at work here touching everything from the story experience to multiplayer. We're excited to lead the next chapter in this great franchise, and we can't wait for November 4th."

Starting today, fans can begin pre-ordering their copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare at retail outlets worldwide. The title is scheduled for release on November 4. For the latest intel, check out: www.callofduty.com, www.facebook.com/callofduty, www.youtube.com/callofduty or follow @CallofDuty on Twitter and Instagram. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is not yet rated.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 5, 2014, 04:02 Jackplug

Oh wow a new cod, with new features and gfx. Although in the end it will all boil down to the same style of gameplay that the little munchkins can pick up from where they were in the last cod game, so they dont feel like they will have to learn anything new.

And of course the pc will endure another console port.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 4, 2014, 05:38 Sempai

Creston wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:00:
Empowered with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities, technological advancements and high-tech gear

So it's basically like Crysis, except for the huge levels and the free-form gameplay. And the finite number of enemies.

It's not even that good.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is being developed specifically for next gen consoles and PC

..Aaaand..also available on PS3 and Xbox 360...

Jesus Joseph Mary. Do they even have the capacity any more as humans to recognize their own bullshit? They truly have no shame.

21. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 4, 2014, 01:21 Fantaz

PHJF wrote on May 3, 2014, 21:06:
The only question is, will Kevin Spacey be playing Call of Duty in S3 of House of Cards, and will he encounter VIRTUAL KEVIN SPACEY?!?

if that happened, he would be all like "WTF?!?!..." and crack in the space-time continuum.

20. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 4, 2014, 00:53 harlock

does that mean the MP mode has jetpacks and spinfusors?  

19. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 22:45 jdreyer

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 3, 2014, 21:30:
Hover crafts, Hover cycles??? Really??? This is getting old quick. I wish they would have gone back to WWII. We have not seen WWII in a modern shooter really. That would be impressive.

Is World at War not modern enough? I guess you're looking for something using UE4 or Frostbite?

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 3, 2014, 21:30:
This looks terrible. And I am the biggest FPS COD fan boi there is.

Man it looks terrible.

What are your objections? The fact that it's in the "future?" I'm not a huge COD fanboy, but I've enjoyed the ones I've played (COD 1 & 2, MW 1 & 2). I think this looks pretty cool. I like the tech they're adding (yes I realize they're lifting from Crysis).

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

18. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 21:30 [VG]Reagle

Hover crafts, Hover cycles??? Really??? This is getting old quick. I wish they would have gone back to WWII. We have not seen WWII in a modern shooter really. That would be impressive.

This looks terrible. And I am the biggest FPS COD fan boi there is.

Man it looks terrible.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

17. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 21:06 PHJF

The only question is, will Kevin Spacey be playing Call of Duty in S3 of House of Cards, and will he encounter VIRTUAL KEVIN SPACEY?!?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 18:57 arnold

sicked and tired of this kinda the game......same same same same....  

15. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 16:22 Cutter

How can people not be tired of this scheisse?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

14. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 15:15 Wash Washburne

There isn't enough meh in meh to really meh this title, so meh!  

13. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 14:27 Stanly Manly

Where is the downvote option?  

12. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 14:25 Creston

PHJF wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:53:
So it's basically like Crysis, except for the huge levels and the free-form gameplay.

So Crysis 2?

That's actually... fairly accurate.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 13:39 DangerDog

If it doesn't have Advanced AI fish then I'm not buying it!

surprised they didn't try to gank the price up for "next gen" another $10.

10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:59 ASeven

Creston wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:50:
Beamer wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:25:
Empowered with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities, technological advancements and high-tech gear

So it's basically like Crysis, except for the huge levels and the free-form gameplay. And the finite number of enemies.

Ghosts didn't have infinite spawns. I'm not expecting this one will.

It didn't? OMG Innovation!

It also had a dog! And fish that moved out of the way!

9. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:53 PHJF

So it's basically like Crysis, except for the huge levels and the free-form gameplay.

So Crysis 2?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:53 nin

ASeven wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:19:
Last year was the COD dog, this year is the COD Kevin Spacey.

Man, they are in full production mode to sell this fucker...

This comment was edited on May 3, 2014, 12:58.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:50 Creston

Beamer wrote on May 3, 2014, 12:25:

It didn't? OMG Innovation!

6. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:25 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:19 ASeven

http://i.imgur.com/hopELTG.jpg

4. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 12:19 Whiskers

I'm just excited they are making a game based on Elysium. I thought the movie was pretty cool, so I'm glad it's getting a game tie in. Surprised it's coming so long after the movie, but I'll take it.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo